concept misunderstood

• 72 posts
    December 10, 2009 3:04 PM GMT
    Marsha has totally misunderstood my dreamworld idea.Only a strong government and an exceptional leader can make sure that no one is harassed for expressing one's desires.It is the people around us who discourage and harass us for what we are.Those people can only be controlled and kept in check by a leader who has a strong character and sincerely desire the welfare of the public.
    • 1912 posts
    December 10, 2009 5:26 PM GMT
    I'm not sure why you need to start a new thread each time you respond to something from another thread of yours but Karen is absolutely correct with the idea what if the government doesn't like trannies. A prime example is what is going on in Uganda right now. People need to get up off their butts and stop relying on government to do everything for them. Eventually what happens with government is they find a compromise solution that really doesn't make anyone happy, and the problems go on and on. The reality is there will always be good and bad.

You can legislate laws, but you can't legislate how someone thinks or behaves when they don't think anyone is looking.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 171 posts
    December 10, 2009 6:21 PM GMT
    Miss Sudha, Marsha only expressed an opinion. If you live in a country that has a long history of a democratically elected governance, it is very easy to respond with a degree of cynicism about what a Government can actually provide. Sadly, the promises offered to the electorate are often not delivered. Hence, you don't often find Dreamworld and Government in the same sentence, unless that sentence is, 'It would be my Dreamworld if there was no Government.'

To me, it sounds like your Dream World might be a place where there is a moral compass that has been adopted by all. A place where prejudice is outlawed and a place where the use of the words acceptance and tolerance has become historic. A map reference & directions to that place would be welcomed.

Rachel

• 40 posts
    December 11, 2009 12:30 AM GMT
    Hi Rachel,
    I love your responce! I will take a map and directions there as well.

Hugs, Bridgette
    • 871 posts
    December 11, 2009 1:38 AM GMT
    Hiya,
    My opinion, and trying to be realistic, I pretty much think that the society of today is pretty much as "perfect" as it could be considering the general level of education and so forth. Everyone has equal rights and equally represented by the law. Everyone has the freedom to do pretty much what they like whilst respecting the freedom of others as stated by the law. Of course there are criminals that dont observe the law and cause harm to others, but I think that there will always be an element of that.

I have the confidence to go where ever I please, and bar a few undeveloped youths, usually young adult men, who pass me on the street, I am always warmly welcomed where ever i go.

I dont have any complaints really.
    Penny
  • December 11, 2009 1:58 AM GMT
    Sounds rather like the search for a "Stark von Oben".
    That did not work too well last time and minorities fared quite badly if I recall.
    • 2627 posts
    December 10, 2009 5:09 PM GMT
    MIss Suda
    What if someones desire is to have a world without trannys. Shouldn't they be allowed to express that?
    • 530 posts
    December 10, 2009 6:51 PM GMT
    Why does Utopia keep wandering through my mind...

Though so does 1984.

I'll let you know if I find the connection!