not one to complain but!

• 871 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:56 AM GMT
    is it me, or is everyone experiencing the site repeatedly seeming to be unavailable and the chatroom crashing for days on end?
  • December 31, 2009 1:06 AM GMT
    I thought it was just me ! That said I have only experienced it tonight
    • 157 posts
    December 31, 2009 1:23 AM GMT
    I had a problem tonight but it was only the one time and it cleared in less than 5 minutes. It appeared to be an error looking for an internal link.

Jeri
    • 36 posts
    December 31, 2009 2:57 AM GMT
    I haven't been able to get to the chatroom all night, but the rest of the site is just fine. I will live with it until they get it figured out. The messaging system is working!!!
    • 36 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:53 PM GMT
    ty Katie!!!

hugs,
    Carla
    • 2068 posts
    December 31, 2009 1:42 AM GMT

I think its just chat thats playing up cos i could access the rest of the site ok. I did try gettin back in via FF & IE8 with no joy.

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1017 posts
    December 31, 2009 1:48 AM GMT
    Twice this week I wasn't able to "refresh" while in the Forums.
    The first was a day or so ago and when I was able to get back in the new large Reply button appeared so I assumed it was a software upgrade. (The new button reminded me of my old motorcycle shop partner's favorite catchphrase, "If you're going to be one, you might as well be a big red one..." - sorry, biker humor.)
    The second was tonight and it only lasted a couple of minutes.
    With members on line from all over the world at any time of day or night, it must be a nightmare to do updates and emergency fixes (just an old programmer, network admin, and tech support person's take... I only had to deal with users across the continental U.S.)

Best,
    Melody
    • 2127 posts
    December 31, 2009 12:48 PM GMT

"is it me, or is everyone experiencing the site repeatedly seeming to be unavailable and the chatroom crashing for days on end?"

You do exaggerate Penny. The chat room hardly ever crashes and has never been unavailable for days on end . This is the first instance of a chat room crash I can remember in over three years.

I'll admit that there is an annoying bug which sometimes puts the room into moderated mode but that only happens once every few weeks and to fix it you need only to drop me or Lilienne an email. Once we know about it, it can be cured in seconds.

However, if you are experiencing regular trouble it may be that there is a problem on your computer.

I have just seen this forum post and have acted immediately to fix the problem. We did a quick reboot and the chat room was instantly up and running again. If this ever happens again though, it will be much quicker to just send me an email about it.

Thanks and hugs and Happy New Year.

Katie x