Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Welcome new members » am I missing something

am I missing something

Tags : None
  • AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
    SINCE JOINING TRANNYWEB OVER A YEAR AGO I HAVE LOVED THE SITE..HOWEVER SINCE IT'S LAST REVAMP I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO TALK TO ANYONE AND HAVE JUST HAD A BLANK CHAT ROOM SCREEN..CAN ANYONE HELP..I'M RUNNING WINDOWS 98 AND AM DESPERATE TO CHAT TO TRANNYS...PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT'S WRONG AT [email protected]
    THANKYOU!!
      November 14, 2003 12:42 AM GMT
    Your message came throught ok so I guess your computer is working ok. I've encountered the same problem with the chat room. When you feel like talking with someone - no ones there. Oh well, it's tough talking to yourself. Here I sit, all gussied up and no one to hear me tell what a good job I did with the makeup. Keep trying love, we know someone is out there.
    Jill
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      November 14, 2003 5:59 PM GMT
    There does seem to be a problem with the chatroms. Sometimes the screen goes blank and eventually refreshes. Are you running Internet Explorer 6 as earlier versions sometimes cause problems. Thee also seems to be a greater problem if you are in North America. Hope you can solve it and hope to chat to you soon.
    Hugs & Kisses, Tina Meet me at http://www.tinas-place.co.uk
      November 14, 2003 8:15 PM GMT
  • Hi,

We're trying to save up the last few pennies we need to buy a new, tried and tested chatroom and I hope it will be installed and working sometime in the new year.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      December 19, 2003 7:48 AM GMT
  • Can I share in the general angst about this. I'm an Apple user and my browser is Safari. I guess that's not supported either. If I find a PC with IE6 on it, I'll have another go. Meanwhile here's hoping the new chatroom software does the job.

Catherine xxx
      December 27, 2003 4:12 PM GMT
  • The new stuff should work perfectly on Macs, PC's and with all browsers.

KT
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      December 28, 2003 7:51 PM GMT
  • Re: ?AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Gillian
    it can be a number of possibilities, First off are you using a modem or DSL or cable?
    Are your security preferences set to accept scripting, do you allow HTML or even Java Scripting? Do you have firewalls, or an additional security agent of some kind installed on your puter, if so check your settings,,, do you have pop up protection? You see Gillian I could go on & on & so forth, only because you are being very general/vague & not giving specific information in your pleas for assistance. This is only going to generate sympathy for your plight! I don't know as much as your common everyday puter geek or guru but even with the little knowledge you supplied even I can't help you with a simple answer!
    Hope I have not been too critical of you and maybe have helped some and I can empathize your problem only because I have come across these kinds of problems before. One other suggestion is to write Katie an ask her to check this sites program to see if there is a glitch, as it appears some others are having the same problem? I don't know yet as I am new here, whether or not we even get the chat with basic. You take good care of you Gillian!

Kisses With Love,

Celeste
    PS. Versions of software also play a role in the overal scheme of things!
    I am a PAISR/TGWOMAN, I AM PROUD of who I am! I Am Married to another PAISR Woman! If you are into the PAISR persuasion and we hit it off, just remember,, this is a package deal ONLY IF marriage becomes the concern, otherwise, I am the only concern of yours!

Kisses With Love,

A. Celeste
      March 13, 2004 1:47 AM GMT