Frustrated

• January 4, 2010 7:52 AM GMT
    Not sure how many out there are like me. In my mind I dress in beautiful female attire on a regular basis but in reality rarely get to dress at all. My family would never understand so I have to be totaly secret. The guilt is tremendous even though I keep telling myself there is nothing really wrong with wanting to dress as a woman. I long to find a safe, private way to be able to dress and be Tamara. Most of my dressing is i in fantasy dreams now. Is it really possible to dress but keep this side of my life private? How do I do this? My dream is to be among freinds as Tamara. Just to share her with others in a safe and caring atmosphere. As time goes by I'm afraid it will not happen. My life is good but I feel this part is missing. Thanks for listening.
  • January 4, 2010 8:08 AM GMT
    Tamara,
    Surely there must be support groups in a city the size of St Louis where you can dress and meet other girls?
    Have you done a search?
    The last thing you should do is feel guilty, you're a CDr, wearing womens clothes is as natural for you as breathing.
    • 1912 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:11 PM GMT
    Janis and Karen are quite right. Probably the most discreet way is to go out to a support group if one is available. Here is a link for some St Louis resources you might find helpful. http://www.tgtoday.com/li[...]ps.html
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2627 posts
    January 4, 2010 11:35 AM GMT
    Janis is right. Most support groups offer a safe place to dress with changing rooms so you don't have to come already dressed.
    Many of us are in your shoes.
    • 2017 posts
    January 4, 2010 2:12 PM GMT
    Hi Tamara, and first off............stop feeling guily!!!! That's just caused by society's stereotyping and making you think you are doing something wrong, you're not, so let it go okay. If more people were in touch with their female sides, the world would be a much nicer place..........

Anyway, as the others have said, if you are unable to fulfill your desires at home, then a support group would be worth looking into. Do you have a partner though? I only ask because firstly, I would be the first to say you should be open and honest with her about this and secondly, where would they think you are going when you attend support groups? Lying to them about your whereabouts, even when you have their best interests at heart is not a good way forward. I know people here whose wives thought that they were having an affair. So be careful, it can be problematic.

I'm not trying to dissuade you at all, just looking at it from all angles. On the contrary, do let us know how you get on if you pursue this route.

Nikki

• 2573 posts
    January 5, 2010 4:48 PM GMT
    Nikki,
    I agree with telling one's partner in principle. Before that is done, however, I think it is best to understand it yourself so that you can explain it to them. A support group can help with this and perhaps introduce you to partners who can speak with your partner at the right time.