Hot Rollers

Tags : None
  • Earlier this week I had my hair done, pretty much just evening out the ends and tweaking my bangs. The gal who does my hair asked now that my hair is getting longer if I had tried hot rollers yet. I have rather fine hair and she said that hot rollers could help with the volume. I had tried velcro rollers but never hot rollers. I decided before I go out and spend a fortune on a set maybe I could find a set at Goodwill, our local thrift store. I lucked out and found an older working set for only $4.

Last night I got to try it for the first time which was really an experience, a really scary experience, lol. It went pretty good other than trying to keep it even. At least I didn't have to go out in public. But wow, you should have seen my hair when I took the rollers out, scary stuff nightmares are made of, lol. I was able to tame the monster with a brush and amazingly it looked terrific. I wish I had taken a picture. I think they would have had to shut the internet down for days to scrub it clean if I had posted a shot of my hair.

In the end I was amazed how nice my hair turned out and now I have a better idea how the process works. I'm wondering if any of the gals here have tried hot curlers and whether or not you have any tips or tricks to make it a less scary experience.

Hugs,
    Marsha
      January 8, 2010 1:44 AM GMT
  • I usually have to straighten my hair every other day to 'tame the monster' otherwise my goes all Diana Ross on me! However, I have used a heated curling brush on my hair on one or two occasions and the results were better than expected. I thought it would lose a lot of length and have too much volume but actually my hairdresser got a very nice balance and the style was terrific. I haven't yet been able to recreate it like she can though but I'm still perservering.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      January 8, 2010 8:21 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    I have a very thick head of hair. When I get it cut I also have to get it thined out. I have tried to let it grow out but it gets so thick I can't stand it. When I was younger & long hair was in, my sisters use do bitch that they had thin straight hair & I, being the only boy in the family, had the long full body hair. Wish I could get that back.
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      January 8, 2010 12:26 PM GMT