Silicone Injections

• 1912 posts
    January 10, 2010 11:50 PM GMT
    I hope no one here at TW is doing black market liquid silicone injections. News stories tend to come up every so often about women and MTF transgendered seeking black market liquid silicone injections. As usual the story line is someone sadly has died from these illegal treatments. So here is the latest news story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/[...]beauty/

Like self medicating with hormones or herbals it is a game of risk. Why risk it?

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • January 11, 2010 3:44 AM GMT
    I'd love to have boobs.
    Being able to wear a bra properly and low cut dresses and blouses showing a bit of cleavage would be wonderful, but I'd never get anything like that done from some unlicensed back street operator.
    I'm going to get breast implants done by a reputable surgeon when I retire and start living full time as a woman.
    In the meantime I'll just have to stick to my breast forms.
    Or rather they'll have to stick to me, (securely I hope!)

• 308 posts
    January 11, 2010 5:38 AM GMT
    Interesting article Marsha,
    But all so true. Some years ago when I was a little more into the loop, I knew of several girls that were going to those parties. And were getting injections done on a private basis from this unlicensed person. Whom I also knew personally. They told me of all the wonderful benefits, bigger bigger and then bigger to what ever part of the body, face buttocks, boobs, etc. And yes they tried to get me into this wonder of cosmetic wonders, key word tried. Now, I have had quite a bit of cosmetic surgery, but by a very reputable surgeon here in Michigan.

Back to the silicone, as far as I know, and I just talked to some of them, there has been no side effects at least to the extent of them wanting to share. I saw some of the effects right after the procedure, some good some questionable, and yes they had some lumps that would move, but they did settle down. The silicone from what I was told, was medical grade. Then there was the rumor that it was not. Hummm makes one wonder does it not.
    As i said, I knew the person that was doing it well, she was a performer here. Now I am not sure to the full reason, the next thing I heard, she had to leave the state quite suddenly, sort of makes one wonder.

To what extent do Trans people go to feminize? To what dangers to our body? I have heard all the excuses also, and this goes for self-medicating without a doctor's supervision. I have been a strong advocate against all this, only to have girls trying to justify there choices, yes there have been some hard feelings about my stand.

Something that is most interesting about all this is, most seem to be very rational and health conscious girls, then they do this flip flop and rationalize there reasons, they cannot afford a doctor or were, get this one, did not want to come out to a doctor????????
    What the _ _ _ _ are they trying to transition for. At least that is the premise ( transitioning ) they like telling everyone in the community, prestige????
    Well I better stop here, that is another topic, and before I get on my soap box again, I have been there before........
    A very concerned ....Tammy
    • 72 posts
    January 11, 2010 3:17 PM GMT
    I really agree with you on this one.Self medication is always dangerous.Many start treatment of their illness on their own.When we dont know about something we should consult the expert in that field.That is why the doctor is there who has spent 10 years of his life in medical study and then qualified to treat patients.
    • 1083 posts
    January 12, 2010 3:43 AM GMT
    **long sigh**

I just do not want to believe there are people out there that are that dense. A white dwarf star isn't that dense.

We all know the dangers of self-medicating. That's risky enough. But this...this is just so stupid.

In fact, it's so dumb that for once, words fail me. I don't want to buy into this.

I also know it's true. Sadly enough.

Ladies, there is nothing--NOTHING!!!--about becoming a woman that risking your life for boobs is worth. I don't care if you're TS or not. If you're gonna do this, for Goddess' sake get it done right.

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Mina
    • 2627 posts
    January 11, 2010 4:35 AM GMT
    I was watching a show on TV about a a TS that didn't have the money to go to a doctor. She supported herself doing shows as a drag queen. Her breast were done by someone she didn't know at a friends house. Industrial grade silicone injected into her chest. When the person doing the interview commented that it could kill her her responce was that she had no other choise.