perky

• 1195 posts
    January 31, 2010 4:13 PM GMT
    I guess being a perky moderator I'm not supposed to post on the same forum I moderate but very few posts end up here.
    I'm puzzled, curious, dumbfounded and perplexed.
    (Did I spell them all correctly?)

I know a good question!

What are you giving yourself for Valentine's Day?

I thought a nice nitie would be nice but I can't seem to find any I like on line.

respectfully with hugs
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    January 31, 2010 6:13 PM GMT
    Last year my wife and I had our nails done for our first time on Valentines Day, which was lots of fun for the two of us. I consider Valentines Day more of a commercial holiday than even Christmas and wouldn't miss it if it vanished. I have no problem with anyone "treating" themselves to a nice gift or experience for the day, but I think somehow it does lose its commercialized meaning when you do it for yourself. I think by holding off and waiting for "the day" it sets you up to fall when the day is over. The "I wish I was out, I wish I was fulltime, or I wish my spouse was ok with this." The same actually goes for non transgender people without that special person in their lives. All those what ifs, very depressing. So my heart goes out to you girls who don't have that special person in your life that understands you. Don't wait for Valentines Day, if you think you deserve something special, go get it now and start enjoying it.
    Lots of hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1195 posts
    January 31, 2010 8:34 PM GMT
    Lucy Thanks for setting me straight on threading on this forum - I can't call it my forum since it belongs to all TW but I'm the moderator(thank goodness)
    That reminds me of a quote from Mae West. "Goodness had nothing to do with it, my dear.
    Back to business
    Thanks for reading my thread and you're welcome on this forum any time. I admire your opinion and you're pretty good looking too.

Crissie Banish the thought of being a man. Your gorgeous and stay that way.

Marsha Ann I'm hoping your wife and you work out your differences. I'm holding the good thought for you.

That should be enough sugar - too much can cause hives

hugs and such
    Gracie
    • 181 posts
    January 31, 2010 11:19 PM GMT
    What is so wrong of posting on yer own forum ???????? Look , I own a forum and I respond to anyone who takes the time to post on my forum too. I figgure if someone takes the time to post then they want to hear something from everyone , uh that can include moderators too. I have to shovel snow now ............... Ellen
    • 1652 posts
    January 31, 2010 4:43 PM GMT
    I’ve never heard anywhere that moderators are not supposed to post on their own forum, on the contrary I think they are supposed to encourage debate and stimulate discussion, which could include starting threads. Several mod’s here often begin threads in their own forums in fact.
    What are you giving yourself for Valentine’s day is a bit of a sad question isn’t it; aren’t we supposed to be showered with gifts from the loves of our lives, or from our numerous secret admirers?
    Sigh, I expect I’ll buy myself a bottle of wine and some chocolates and cook myself a nice meal and pig out… sob.
    But hey, I’m in the USA forum, oh my god, I’m a Brit – GET ME OUT OF HERE!
    xx
    ps Your spelling is excellent as always, and “perky” perfectly describes my ickle boobs, but good on you for being a perky moderator.
  • January 31, 2010 5:05 PM GMT
    Lucy xXx, IF I was a man, I would be parked outside your house with a Valentines card emblazoned on the side of a bus, armed with roses, chockies, champagne and two tickets for a romantic weekend in Paris.

Hugs Cristine
    • 1652 posts
    January 31, 2010 5:15 PM GMT
    Well I wish you were a man Cristine, but obviously you have far too much common sense.
    But hey, I have a penchant for women too!
    Vintage Krug please…
    xx

Hey look at us in he USA forum - oversexed, probably underpaid, and over here...
    • 1017 posts
    January 31, 2010 9:14 PM GMT
    Hi Mary Grace,

I guess I sort of agree with Marsha, Valentine's Day is more a commercial "holiday" designed to get us to spend money out of guilt.

That said, I think the spirit of the day should be more about what you give that what you receive.

Me, I'm going to fix a very special dinner for my Choca, my Golden Lab Retriever mix, who gives me unconditional love every day of the year. A combination of pork, beef, chicken and premium dog food served with a splash of chicken broth lets her know she's loved.

Best,
    Melody