re: a future path

• 36 posts
    February 21, 2010 7:55 PM GMT
    besides thrift stores where could I go online, to find good but very cheap clothes? Changing enviroments would be nice but where could I go or what to look up online. I did find a local group thru yahoo groups but I would like to branch out beyond this area if I could. That way I could see what is out there and be able to explore my options. The only thing right now, is pricing, where if it was lower I might have a better chance of traveling. I could also find out about the permanete hair removel and the chances of living a new life in a different place. Then there is another question that comes up. would I have 1 name or 2 or would I have a name that would be for either way. that is to be determined. It may be a slow process going thru it all but I am not sure if a psychologist is yet needed although suggested. taking one step at a time, depending on how things turned out I could get into a relationship but that would depend on how life went. I will probably deal with family as things go and I do have a facebook page. I have one friend in my search who I have posted up on my wall who is tg and has her own web site(s) as well as a face book page. The only person tg I call a friend currently. Any suggestions?

Nathan
    • 871 posts
    February 22, 2010 10:36 PM GMT
    Hiya Nathan,

Have you tried ebay? Theres loads of cheep clothes to find there, well there is in the UK so I should imagine it is the same in the US.

Reading your post and your profile, you certainly have a lot to deal with. Personally, I would say, the most important steps you need to take is speek with your doctor about your feelings of being TG and find a good psychiatrist. You may feel you need to change your doctor or psychiatrist until you find ones who you are comfortable with in talking about your feelings.

Contrary to popular belief, TG people, including myself, dont see psychiatrists to determin if we are sane, but more so to give us emotional support to dealing with the very difficult situations we have to face and find solutions for.

I hope you get some response from US members in regard to support groups and charities located in your area.

Welcome to TW and all the best with your journey.
    Penny
    x