Sharing a short story...

• 9 posts
    March 3, 2010 9:36 PM GMT
    Hi, I'm feeling euphoric today... got a short piece published in our local newspaper. They also they made a video of me reading it (third person reading). See it here under Freeway Fiction: the Movie! http://www.pacificsun.com/
    It will be up for a week or so. Cheers!
  • March 3, 2010 11:23 PM GMT
    Hi Kate. I followed your link to the Pacific Sun website and watched the video. This certainly is a minimalist approach to story-telling! But I liked it.

None of the featured authors was called Kate Kipp (that would be too easy), but I think I worked out which one was you.

Well done, and keep writing!
    • 734 posts
    March 4, 2010 12:38 AM GMT
    Hi Kate,
    Thankyou so much for giving me the opportunity to hear your piece. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Clear, concise, eloquent.
    Hope you share more.
    The rest were pretty good too. A lot of competition I suspect so quite an achievement.
    Best wishes.
    Rae. x
    • 1017 posts
    March 4, 2010 7:10 PM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I finally got to watch Freeway Fiction: The Movie this morning. (Yesterday when you posted, I was 1/4 of the way through a huge upgrade/download of a graphics program. My awful dial-up doesn't do internet multitasking.) It was a two hour download this morning, but well worth it.

What a fun selection of poetry, irony and wisdom linked by the visual freeway motif. Loved it all, but I was of course biased toward yours.

Thanks for sharing.

Best,
    Melody