facial hair removal inquiry

• March 5, 2010 3:04 AM GMT
    Anyone care to relate their facial hair removal experiences and techniques? Best procedures, amount of time, expense?

I have light facial hair and experimented with 4 sessions of electrolosis on my jaw line a few years ago, but it didn't seem to be effective. I've heard laser only works on dark hair. Any new technologies out there?

Jennifer
    • 1912 posts
    March 5, 2010 3:31 AM GMT
    I had laser facial hair removal. I used a national company called "Ideal Image" and I am extremely happy with the results. I do have some remaining gray/white hairs that the laser could not get, but I can go for days without shaving those if I want and it seems like they are becoming fewer on their own for whatever reason. I have heard there are lasers now that can get the lighter hair but I have had no experience with them. I think the key thing to look for is experience and actual medical staff. Hair growth is a science and you just don't go and get zapped whenever, so having a knowledgeable staff to schedule the best times and provide the treatment is crucial. It cost me $1865 for my face and that included 9 treatments plus a lifetime guarantee. That is why I went with a national company. I had another place, just a gal on her own, quote me $2000 for 5 treatments and no guarantee. About a year after I saw her I got an email saying she was going out of business. I never was able to price electrolysis locally because the only shop closed a couple years ago.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 308 posts
    March 7, 2010 5:57 PM GMT
    Karen,
    I used to go and see Ildiko Svoren, she is the Regional Director, Pure Laser Treatment Clinics.
    They are TG friendly, and as a matter of fact they used to have support group for transitioning girls. I did the laser treatments with her and regular electrolysis ( needle ) for other areas. And they have specials going on. Actually the picture of the lady in the link is who did most of my work.
    http://purelaserusa.com/a[...]02.html

There was another deal that a friend of mine got me into, that was a package deal, and you would pay for three areas that needed removal and they guaranteed it, so even if you needed 20 treatments per area, it did not cost anything extra. I had them do my arms, back, and face. It was a great deal, and when ever I needed a touch up, I would just go in. I will find out if they are still in business, quite a few went under in this Michigan economy. That was some years ago, and I forgot there name....senior moment...but a friend of mine was going there before she went to Sweden to work. She's back now so I will call her today to see if there still around, and get back to you. Hummmm, sounds like procrastination....LOL
    Tammy
    • 2627 posts
    March 5, 2010 12:12 PM GMT
    My beard was very heavy & dark. I had shadow that showed thru my skin no matter how close I shaved.
    Like Marsha I paid about the same. It was supposed to be 6 treatments upto 2yrs. I have been going every month for about a year. I still have some around my chin but it's allmost all gone. And no it's not getting the gray. But also as Marsha said you realy can't see that anyway.
    I went to American Laser Center.
    • 2627 posts
    March 7, 2010 8:29 PM GMT
    Tammy the Manicure and Pedicure Service sound awsome.
    Before I start other areas I will chech them out.