The Evolution of Marsha

• 27 posts
    November 25, 2010 4:55 AM GMT
    Marsha: I wish you nothing less than all the happiness you deserve. You travel a path that few of us can or will take, I hope everything will go as planned, and right around Christmas you look down to see the best ever present Santa could bring!!
    It will not make you more Woman than you are, just more complete.
    Hugs Jane xx
  • November 25, 2010 8:51 AM GMT
    May I wish my american friends a 'Happy Thanksgiving'! I forgive you all the tea-don't drink the stuff anyway!xx
    • 1912 posts
    November 25, 2010 11:05 AM GMT
    Thank you for the well wishes Jane and Nina. I really don't know what to expect for Christmas Day. Of course I am excited right now, but everything is kind of surreal at the moment. As the surgery day approaches, everything just seems to be falling into place. Worries are soon replaced with confidence all is fine. Moments ago I checked my email to find the receipt from Dr. Chettawut for the final payment I wire transferred. The balance is now officially zero. We talk about having confidence here all the time, and overall I am very confident about my life. But it is little things I worry over, like wire transferring the funds for my surgery. What will I do if something goes wrong with the transfer? Nonsense stuff I should not get worked up over, but I do. I think I picked that up from my parents. I always joke that they would worry over the craziest stuff, then go back and worry over it one more time to make sure they hadn't missed anything.

And Nina, isn't it sacrilegious for a Brit to not drink tea? I want you to know I don't drink tea either. See, we have more in common than you would ever have imagined.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 105 posts
    November 25, 2010 5:50 PM GMT
    Hi Marsha,

So glad to hear that all the preparations are in hand, and that it's still full steam ahead for the big day in a fortnight.

I wish you the safest of journeys and the happiest of outcomes from your trip, and look forward to your hale and hearty return, with a major milestone behind you, and only good times ahead.

Hugs,

Judith
  • November 25, 2010 6:30 PM GMT
    Marsha, or should that be "Mars"
    Mars becomes Venus!

I wish you well on both of your upcoming journeys :
    to Thailand and to womanhood.
    To be a woman at last!
    Yes!
    • 1912 posts
    November 27, 2010 10:05 PM GMT
    Now only 7 days away from flying to Bangkok I think I have just about everything ready. Lucy mentioned taking plenty of cotton panties because of various oozing that will go on. Just a fact of life, so today I bought two 10 packs which should get me through at least until I'm able to go out shopping. I received some really good news today, my friend Gillian was booking her flights and she will be there the 9th through the 22nd for me. My wife arrives on the 20th so I will have someone with me the majority of the time in Bangkok.

My wife, my friend Marcie and I went shopping today at Goodwill for some summer skirts for me to take on the trip. I found 3 to go along with a few more I already have, so they should again work until I can get out shopping. Speaking of shopping, my wife found this great red knit high waist sweater for me when we were at Goodwill. Immediately a black lace topped cami came to mind, so we had to go out shopping again and I found a few that might work, lol. You might think that shopping is more important to me than the SRS. Let's just say shopping is a close second.

On another maybe more serious note, I am starting to sense the change in my hormone levels. My last injection was Nov. 1 and typically the injection lasts a couple weeks. I continued with the oral estrogen I take until last Tuesday when I had to stop all estrogen and anti-androgens. I try and hide the effects, but it is getting more difficult to hide the emotions. Fortunately I'm not depressed, but the tears are once again flowing easily. On Thanksgiving day my oldest son as he was leaving, turned to me and gave me a hug. That was the first emotion I've seen from him in regards to me since the day I told him what was going on with me and he responded with "You will always be our dad, and we will always love you." This morning my youngest son, the Marine, had to head back to North Carolina. We found out yesterday that his planned ride was not going to be able give him the ride, so he asked his oldest brother, and he agreed to take him the 6 hour one-way drive back. It was just a great Thanksgiving for us to have all the kids here, all getting along, and in the end, helping each other out. So here I sit crying.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 434 posts
    November 27, 2010 11:00 PM GMT
    Marsha,
    I wish you all the best.
    It's wonderful to hear your Son is showing emotions towards you. Many offspring have a hard time dealing with the new gender position of a parent.
    As for your present "surge of emotions", the influx of the dreaded "T" can be quite a shock...but not for long!!! LOL
    Hugs
    • 364 posts
    November 28, 2010 3:09 AM GMT
    Bon voyage Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    December 1, 2010 3:38 AM GMT
    So here I am 3 days until I leave for Bangkok, 7days until surgery. I've been busy taking care of the last odds and ends like sorting out my paperwork that I need to take with me. I even put the outdoor Christmas lights and decorations up. I've had a few emotional episodes, but nothing too overwhelming. Most the tears have been shed when people come up to me and wish me well on my trip. Having the support of so many has made this final stage of my transition rather easy. One not so good thing is yesterday I woke up to a surprise, yeah one of those. Fortunately there was not a repeat performance this morning. The gals on HRT will know what I'm talking about. My last injection was a full month ago followed by a low dose of oral estrogen until last Tuesday. One other sad note is my friend who will be coming with me to Bangkok had planned on having breast augmentation while there. Yesterday she found out from her doctor while doing the preop EKG that she has a heart issue and the doctor will not sign off on her surgery. She is taking it pretty good, but it has to be a heart breaker. She is still coming with me to Bangkok to be there for support for me. She hopes to have her BA here in the states at a future date.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 374 posts
    December 1, 2010 2:12 PM GMT

Marsha, you must be so exited!! I'm so happy for you!! I wish for you a safe trip and that everything else goes well for you...including a speedy post surgery recovery!! Also hope that things turn out well for your friend. Take care!

Hugs & kisses,

Monika
    • 1912 posts
    December 3, 2010 2:55 AM GMT
    And then there was one. I'm down to the last day before I head to Bangkok. Thursday was filled with with making sure a month's worth of bills were paid. Earlier in the day I received a phone call from one of my pest control customers. When I saw the name on the caller ID I first thought "Oh no, not a service call." But actually the customer was calling to say they were heading out of town and they knew I was about to leave for my surgery so they wanted to call and wish me well. I cried, so what's new, lol.

Time seemed to fly and shortly before 3p.m. my friend Marcie called to see if I wanted to go for our usual walk around the lake. Needing to get away from the computer I joined her for a brisk 3 mile walk. My going to Thailand is going to be tough on her. She is separating from her wife and we have become very good friends. She gets depressed at times and I try to check on her daily. We have Skype set up, so hopefully we will be able to stay in contact throughout my trip.

I finished the day with my wife, first going out to dinner, then going over how to write checks and pay bills on the computer. My friend Sarah who had her surgery last week with Dr. Chettawut is recovering very well. We chat daily and I'm looking forward to meeting up with her in Bangkok in a few days. Other than the occasional emotional bursts, I feel pretty normal. I think the excitement is making the lack of hormones unnoticeable. Next is to pack my bags, it's really happening, OMG.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2573 posts
    March 9, 2010 9:11 AM GMT
    Well said, Marsha
    • 2358 posts
    March 9, 2010 5:35 PM GMT
    Marsha.

Now thats my girl xxx The real Marsha, Perhaps one day I will get over my angst and relate mine.

Loadsa love Cristine
    • 2463 posts
    March 12, 2010 1:48 PM GMT
    I must also chime in by saying thank you for sharing this with us. You've given quite a bit of hope and encouragement. Now if I can only turn you into an Anarchist all will be perfect!

Mere
    • 1017 posts
    July 2, 2010 11:32 PM BST
    Marsha,

No words will really do in a situation like this, but may he Rest in Peace.

You have my sincere condolences.
    Melody
    • 2573 posts
    August 19, 2010 2:58 AM BST
    I bet they both live to regret that incident, Marsha. You go, girl!
    • 1017 posts
    November 16, 2010 4:25 PM GMT
    er....famy, or maybe profamy?

Best,
    Mellie
    • 1652 posts
    November 24, 2010 11:45 PM GMT
    Marsha, I’m sure you’ll be hearing a lot of this, but I really wanted to wish you the best of luck. Any major surgery is a huge undertaking, and I know exactly what’s involved here, and what a big impact this will eventually have on you. I am sure after the initial grogginess wears off you will feel wonderful. For me, this was the most amazing experience of my life. I hope everything goes as smoothly for you too.
    Take loads of knickers, cheap cotton ones that you can throw away! There will be lots of oozing. My only other tip, is just to rest. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone, you just need to heal. Sleep, rest, and take it easy. Make the most of that while you can in Thailand; when you get home things may get tougher.
    I genuinely wish I could be there to give you a hug before you go into surgery, but please accept a virtual hug instead.
    Have fun!
    xx
    • 734 posts
    November 25, 2010 2:04 PM GMT
    Whoah!!!!! Could've sworn it was just last week you were discussing who to book the surgery with! Time has flown. Just wanted to wish you all the very best hunni and I'm so so pleased for you.
    Lots of love and hugs.
    Rae xxx
    • 2463 posts
    November 25, 2010 2:34 PM GMT
    Marsha, I am jealous! But in a good way! Me and Josie wish you the best!

Mere
    • 2127 posts
    December 1, 2010 3:25 PM GMT
    It's possible that December 8th may be the same day that we do some surgery on our server and say goodbye to this web site for the last time.

I feel another new beginning, another birth coming on. This means that Marsha and out new site will be time-twins!

Hugs, Katie x
    • 14 posts
    December 4, 2010 8:33 PM GMT
    Marsha,
    You have my best wishes on your coming journey. I don't post very often but I have been on this site almost every day for the last 2 years.
    Your openness and honesty in sharing your transition has been very inspiring to me as I continue on my journey of accepting my own gender identity. May God's blessing be with you and your family. You will be in my prayers and thoughts for the coming weeks.

Love Donna M
  • December 9, 2010 2:07 AM GMT
    Congratulations and happy birthday Marsha.
    • 1912 posts
    December 26, 2010 1:40 PM GMT
    Janis, I read your post earlier today and I got to thinking about how do you describe the feeling of wearing a bikini in public after SRS. I have very little swelling and even with a pad my bikini fits great. I've been back at the hotel for 2 weeks now and have been wearing panties everyday so I guess you can say they pretty much fit and appear similar to bikini bottoms, so it really isn't the look that is on your mind. And I have laid poolside wearing my bikini at other resorts over the last couple years. So I think the best way to describe the feeling is it is another one of those burdens taken off your shoulders, you no longer have to worry about being discovered. I can now just lay back on the lounge with my MP3 player going and close my eyes with no worries. What a feeling.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1912 posts
    December 4, 2010 2:03 AM GMT
    I slept terrible last night. I don't know if that is good or bad so I can maybe be tired enough and sleep on the plane. I still plan on taking a bubble bath this evening and will try to get some rest before I need to get up and put myself together and head to the airport. Today went rather will. My friend Marcie came over first thing this morning and helped me pack. Actually she just watched and was a sound board to make sure I took everything I would need. We finished around lunch time and went up to a local restaurant for a sit down lunch, then went by the bank to get some cash for the trip. Marcie went home after lunch and finished off the necessary online banking arrangements I needed to make. Once again the tears began to flow. I received two emails from customers wishing me well on the trip, followed by talking with 3 friends on the phone again wishing me well. My daughter, her husband and son, joined my wife and I for dinner tonight along with Marcie and my middle son. It was an impromptu going away dinner. I BBQ'd some rib-eye steaks and we just had a great dinner and time together. Unless I hopelessly can't get any sleep tonight, this should be my last post until probably Monday Thai time.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1652 posts
    December 5, 2010 10:58 PM GMT
    sawaat dee kaa!
    xx
    • 157 posts
    December 8, 2010 12:31 PM GMT
    Marsha

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeri
    • 2573 posts
    December 8, 2010 6:22 PM GMT
    It is 0120 in Thailand. I am sure that Marsha is in her bed at the Surgery. She will prob check in later today (her time) She has people there and is not alone. I will stay open for her on YIM and SKYPE and pass on any messages soon after they come in.
    • 105 posts
    December 8, 2010 8:01 PM GMT
    Hi Wendy,

Many thanks for keeping us updated like this - it's much appreciated.

Please pass on our love to Marsha, and fondest hopes for a swift return to the shopping expeditions!

Hugs,

Judith
    • 1912 posts
    December 9, 2010 1:37 AM GMT
    Thank y'all for all the kind words and support. I am still a little fuzzy headed, you know what I mean, a little more than normal. The doctor said surgery was successful. I feel great, not depressed at all. I think it is now nap time, so I will uodate more when I can. And a special thanks to Wendy for keeping me compay and helping update others.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 3 posts
    December 28, 2010 4:17 PM GMT
    Marsha,
    I am so happy that everything turned out fantastic. God is with you girl. again congratulations.

Love to you and Jollie
    Marcie
    • 2573 posts
    December 8, 2010 5:23 AM GMT
    It is 1210 hrs in Bangkok and Marsha has just signed out to prepare for her driver to pick her up to take her to the clinic. Surgery starts in a bout 3 hours. I am leaving SKYPE open so that Marsha can report in when she is able to.

She just got in from shopping with Sarah and her family. Bought a lovely handbag and some very nice bracelets at outrageously good prices.

Marsha says she can not wait for her surgery to be over....so that she can go shopping again. LOL. She has her priorities sorted.

I will be back with Post-Op updates after surgery. We can expect Marsha to be back in her hotel room in about 4 days, but she will have someone who can pass along her messages to me while she is recovering in her hospital room. Marsha wants everyone to know how she is doing so that we will not worry.
    • 1912 posts
    December 5, 2010 6:36 PM GMT
    Thank you Donna and the othehrs who I maybe hadn't individually thanked. I am now here in Bangkok at the hotel. I'm really tired after 20 plus hours of flying. I think for the moment I will post something I wrote on the plane and update what went on after that sometime later in the day.

I’m now on the plane from Tokyo to Bangkok and have had 6 bottles of wine (single serving of course). Oh yeah, a couple bottles of beer also. I got up at 3:30a.m Saturday Savannah time and I think it is now 6:20p.m. Sunday. I’m tired and trying to get pissed, lol. The Chicago to Tokyo flight was delayed because of snow so I would have missed my connection in Tokyo but United Airlines was great and had a ticket ready for me when we landed, putting me on another Bangkok flight so I’m pretty much right on schedule. I think the total flying time is something like 21 hours and I’m about 4 hours out of Bangkok.. I have had no security issues, my female gender passport is working fine and everyone has treated me as a woman (as expected). The possibility of missing my connection had me a little worried. I was afraid my luggage my not keep up with me but now I am not worried.. Ok, I better stop while I’m ahead and take a nap.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

• 1912 posts
    January 5, 2011 8:38 PM GMT
    Once again, thank you to everyone for the kind comments. As I see it, I am done with my visual transition. I don't expect to have anymore surgeries. I believe transition is a lifelong experience so I will stop short of saying I have completed my transition. I saw my doctor on Monday and we have a plan on balancing out my hormone requirements.

And finally, validation of my correct gender. Lousy picture, but oh well. My last drivers license had a great picture but it had that nasty "M"

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 2358 posts
    January 5, 2011 9:07 PM GMT
    The biggest of hugs xxxXxxx
    • 2573 posts
    January 7, 2011 12:07 PM GMT
    Wonderful, Marsha. Not a beginning or an end but part of your life and at least a new chapter.
    • 1912 posts
    January 14, 2011 8:44 PM GMT
    It is now just over 5 weeks from the actual surgery day and healing seems to be progressing well. Here are some of the little details you may never hear about. All the stitches used are of the dissolving type. Dr. Chettawut removed some from along the sides of the labia majora to help with comfort before I flew home. However there are many more at the rear of the vaginal opening that remain until they slowly dissolve away and the outside strands wash off. One or two of them caused me some real discomfort while dilating but finally they have dissolved, thank God.

I find heavily padded seating areas like sofas are comfortable, as well as many hard surfaces believe it or not. It is the firmer cushioned seats that I find the most uncomfortable. The best way to describe it is your butt cheeks sink in allowing the firm surface in between to push up against the healing area. Another way to describe it would be for you to sit down with your computer mouse under you right where your vagina would be. It is not necessarily painful, but definitely uncomfortable. Dr. Chettawut sends you home with a donut cushioned to sit on but you don't always have it by your side. I tend to go without it most of the time.

Pants are another issue. It seems that the seam of pants runs right down that tender healing region. Longer periods whether sitting or moving around take a toll rubbing that area.

Energy wise I try not to overdo it on any given day. Because I need to lay down and dilate in the late afternoon, I have incorporated a short nap following dilation. At night I've been sleeping well other than one of the darn dogs wanting out to pee in the middle of the night. I am doing limited work that on its own is not tiring, but the pants issue with the seam is a factor and I can't do much about that, so I change into a skirt, sweatpants, or my bathrobe as soon as I get back home.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 3 posts
    December 31, 2010 2:12 PM GMT
    Ellen,
    It is true that dreams can come true. But you have to follow that dream and take an active part in it. Wishing cannot get it done. It is only by moving forward that we can get to the end. Best wishes and a Happy 2011. May we all follow our dreams as Marsha did. Hugs

Marcie
    • 1980 posts
    January 14, 2011 11:18 PM GMT
    Good for you, Marsha Ann, I'm glad to hear things have progressed so well for you with no complications or anything. How could any girl ask for a better way to start a New Year.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 1912 posts
    December 28, 2010 7:29 AM GMT
    This morning was a tear jerker as I had my final checkup with Dr. Chettawut and his staff. They picked my wife and I up at the hotel around 10a.m. and brought us to Dr. Chettawut's clinic. I was taken to the changing room to disrobe and lead to the examination room. There I climbed on the table and placed my legs in the stirrups. The doctor then came in and as he first looked at my genitalia, the smile on his face clearly showed he was very pleased with the results. I have had no infection, no torn stitches, no granulation, just what amounts to an ideal surgery. I have been blessed. The doctor gave me a douche which amounted to a cold feeling, then proceeded to check me out. He then took the time to explain each detail and how it was created and from what original tissue. He even tested my clitoris sensitivity, omg, I don't need to say more, gasp, lol. As quick as it started, the exam came to an end and I changed and went downstairs to the office area. There Dr. Chettawut presented me with a lighted crystal scene in a glass case, and on the back was the writing "Happy New Year 2011, To Ms. Marsha from Dr. Chettawut team, and signed by the doctor and all his staff. I broke down crying. After composing myself, we took a couple pictures.

Thank you Dr. Chettawut for all you have done for me.

Love,
    Marsha

• 181 posts
    December 30, 2010 9:38 PM GMT
    See Marsha, dreams really can come true ! Neva let go yer dreams .................... ellen
  • December 30, 2010 1:15 AM GMT
    Hi Marsha,

I hope and pray that you have a wonderful NEW YEAR ahead!
    Your wife is a Gem! Maybe she should write a book about your
    journey from her perspective. It could help other spouses as well.

Have a safe trip home. I hope someday to make the same trip.

Hugz from a GS Sister,

MichelleLynn
    • 1912 posts
    December 26, 2010 12:50 AM GMT
    Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since the last update here, again thank you girls for the nice comments. I am healing exceptionally well according to everyone and have been increasing my endurance daily. Some of the firsts for me since my last post are I have laid out by the pool in my bikini a few times now and we have ventured out sightseeing a few times. The hotel had a Christmas party which was really nice. We have been eating extremely well here and I have made it a point to eat some Thai food at each meal when possible. There is still some ache if you want to call it that, but it has basically been pain free all along. The swelling is minimal which highlights the quality work Dr. Chettawut performed on me. I wish everyone well and Merry Cristmas, although it is already the day after here in Thailand, but back home many are sitting down to their Christmas dinner.
    Love,
    Marsha
  • December 26, 2010 2:54 AM GMT
    To be actually able to wear a bikini "properly" must be a fantastic feeling.
    • 2573 posts
    December 24, 2010 4:11 AM GMT
    Marsha,
    I was, as a nurse, impressed with how perfectly your procedure went, before, during and after as well as your aesthetic results (or so I am told). Without seeing a statistical history I would have to, on the basis of your experience, Give Dr C my endorsement if asked by anyone seeking SRS.
    • 1017 posts
    December 22, 2010 2:28 AM GMT
    Hi Marsha,

I know I haven't contacted you since a private message before you left for Thailand. My bad.

I'm so glad for you that things have turned out so well. You found the right doctor and have realized the mind/body/spiritual symbiosis that a lot of us don't have the will, finances, courage or (in my case) conviction to achieve.

Now that the cosmic wrong that was done to you is corrected, I hope your life is everything you want it to be.

Best,
    Mellie

ps, I still think your wife is a saint...
    • 181 posts
    December 22, 2010 1:32 PM GMT
    Melody, both you an Marsha are special in my opinion! Thats my story ....................... ellen
    • 1912 posts
    December 21, 2010 3:44 PM GMT
    Dr. Chettawut had an unannounced party here at the hotel tonight for his staff and patients. I mentioned in an earlier post when he first saw me he had concerns about my EKG so I had to go to the hospital here in Bangkok and get checked out. Something else I did not mention was that do to the fact that I had been circumcised and been on hormones for nearly 6 years, the amount of available skin for surgery was also questionable. I have mentioned in recent posts here what a great job he did and how natural in appearance my SRS accomplished along with above average depth, but that turns out to be only part of the story. Tonight at the party, Dr. Chettawut said to me, because of my confidence in him doing the best possible job, he pushed himself to achieve the finest results for me. I had heard something along those lines from my nurses, but I didn't realize until speaking with the doctor tonight, what really went on. Dr. Chettawut will have a place in my heart forever.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 181 posts
    December 21, 2010 12:43 PM GMT
    Marsha, I'm thrilled for ya as it seems that you're dream has finialy come about ! Now you report that you will become a famous motion picture star ? Whew, now you'll want money every time you post , ha ha ha ha .............. ellen
    • 1912 posts
    December 16, 2010 6:42 AM GMT
    Thanks y'all, and Mere I sent you a message regarding the interview. Time is just moving along here, I am now into my second week post-op. The catheter came out a couple days ago and I am now up to dilating 3 times a day. For those thinking dilating sounds like it might be erotic, I can assure you it is far from being erotic. The food here at the hotel is very good and the nurse is now allowing me to go across the street to the mall where there are restaurants galore. I will try and get a few pictures up soon.

Hugs,
    Marsha