I´m out at last!

• 4 posts
    March 11, 2010 12:36 PM GMT
    Came out for my wife about 3 weeks ago. What a relief after many years. We been married for nearly 20 years. Her reaction was poistive and she asked a lot of questions. A lot of kissing and hugs. My bloodpressure must gone down a lot after this.
    And I don´t need to hide it for her. Have not been dressed in front of her yet. I will give her time to get more comfortable.
    We visited a therapist a couple a days ago. It went very well. The therapist was impressed of our feelings for each other and what we achieved the last weeks. My wife is the best! She compare my crossdressing with golf, if you feel good about it, I do.
    So in May I´m going to a meeting for crossdressers. Can´t wait! A whole weekend "en femme" , and my wife know about it.
    What a wonderful world! Better than golf...

/Tiina, Sweden
    • 157 posts
    March 11, 2010 12:48 PM GMT
    Tiina

That is wonderful news. It must be a great sense of relief that you no longer need to hide so much of yourself from the woman you love.

Hugs Jeri
    • 4 posts
    March 11, 2010 4:32 PM GMT
    Thanks for your support! I truly love my wife, and she knows it. You should heard her at the therapist! She could be one herself!
    After my coming out it feels that our marriage is in a new dimension. We have talked and discussed the theme crossdressing over and over again. I hope she will like my femme look, when the time comes.

/Tiina
    • 67 posts
    March 12, 2010 12:00 AM GMT
    Sooooo happy for you Tiina, ( and your wife ).

I'm sure your relationship will grow stronger.

Paula X
  • March 12, 2010 1:54 AM GMT
    Tiina,
    Congratz! It is very encouraging to hear when a spouse is accepting!! YOu are very lucky!

As for Golf vs being a woman....

Golf may be a whole lot cheaper $$$$ , given the cloths/shoes/makeup expenses. That doesn't include the
    "Big expenses" for those of us desiring to eventually transition.

Hugz and have a great month!!!
    MichelleLynn
    • 136 posts
    May 15, 2010 12:40 AM BST
    Tiina,

You are very fortunate indeed!

It is encouraging to see that sometimes one's spouse loves them enough not to withdraw their love. This is truly a "for better or for worse" confirmation moment.

I wish you the very best.
    Nicole

Michelle,
    I can't speak for golf, but I can say without a doubt, SCUBA diving is way cheaper than the transitioning costs I've gone through.
  • May 15, 2010 11:15 AM BST
    I'm glad you're "out" to your loved one.
    I think it's much better to be truthful to those who care for you.
    And I agree with you, being a woman is much better than golf!
    But then for me being a woman is better than anything.
    • 2017 posts
    March 11, 2010 2:53 PM GMT
    That's wonderful news Tiina, I'm very happy for you. It's such a relief to be accepted by the one that we love. You are absolutely correct to take things slowly but the first step has been taken now and it sounds like the future can be very positive for you both. Relationships can and do get through this, there are plenty of girls here whose relationships survived coming out and even transistioning. Just be there for you wife and let her know that you haven't changed inside and still love her deeply.

Good luck to you both.

Nikki
    • 1652 posts
    March 11, 2010 10:59 PM GMT
    Well I've never played golf, but I'm sure this is way better.
    Well done.
    xx
    • 2463 posts
    March 12, 2010 1:04 AM GMT
    On behalf of me and Josie, we wish to say CONGRATS!, and good luck!

Mere
    • 2573 posts
    May 16, 2010 4:47 AM BST
    Lucy, dearest, you would not like golf. You have to have balls to play it.

Tiina, you are truly blessed with your wife. Just remember, even a totally accepting woman can come up with issues later. No relationship is perfect. That said, your wife sounds like a keeper. Let her know how much you love her and never stop.