The New Name!

• 871 posts
    March 13, 2010 4:30 AM GMT
    When i heard katie say we needed a new name to show the fulness of who we were and express a sense of comunity, i thot the new name was going to be nakedshemalestogether.com

but all jokes aside, the new name brough home to me, as i am sure a lot of people can agree, a kind of seriousness and validation of who we all are as individuals and human beings.

Weldone Katie!
  • March 13, 2010 6:34 AM GMT
    Katie,Brilliant!I love it.
    • 1912 posts
    March 13, 2010 12:20 PM GMT
    The name will take some getting use to but short and sweet is always good. Gender Society says it all. I just can't wait until we start getting forum posts by newbies asking what is TW or how do you get to Trannyweb that everyone is talking about, lol, that might last for years.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 157 posts
    March 13, 2010 1:26 PM GMT
    Katie

I like the name - The Gender Society. It is not only classy but shows you thought about and included everyone.

Jeri
    • 105 posts
    March 13, 2010 5:00 PM GMT
    A thumbs-up from me too

I was wondering whether our 'TrannyMail' addresses will be changing to reflect the new domain, or will the '@trannyweb.com' continue?

Hugs,

Judith
    • 23 posts
    March 13, 2010 9:40 PM GMT
    Well Done Katie!

Many of us are asking people to get used to our new names and identities, I am sure we will all adjust fairly easily.

Luv.

x Ace x
    • 157 posts
    March 13, 2010 10:47 PM GMT
    Melody

It is a picture of a girl looking over the top of her sunglasses, while pulling them down a bit with her hand. I think it is the same picture as before but much lighter than before - something like a watermark. The sunglasses are red and the bridge of the glasses sort of look like lips - right between the 'e G' on the name.

Jeri
    • 67 posts
    March 13, 2010 11:32 PM GMT
    Katie

Love the new name.

Got my vote, well done.

Paula X
    • 374 posts
    March 14, 2010 12:03 AM GMT

Great choice Katie...love the new name!!

Hugs,

Monika
  • March 14, 2010 12:52 AM GMT
    It refers well to what we represent and are. Anyway, for me, it matches well...

luv from france,
  • March 14, 2010 3:33 AM GMT
    I like the new name! It is embracing and culturally uplifting. Great choice Katie!

Roni
  • March 14, 2010 12:17 PM GMT
    i don't really care what the site is called, either way it serves a purpose. i will most likely still call the site TW for short as i have got too used to saying it (although i have only been here 7 months, and i'm aware there are members that have been here for years longer than me). i will work on getting GS into my head lol. if it works for katie and the majority of the members than im happy.
    jenny xx
  • March 14, 2010 2:51 PM GMT
    well done kate name sounds good to me,
    • 746 posts
    March 14, 2010 10:48 PM GMT
    Well done Katie...it's a good name...and yes, there are ways to get your name up near the top of Googles search results...
    Traci xxx
    • 746 posts
    March 14, 2010 10:50 PM GMT
    BTW...when I typed in "thegendersociety" in a Google search, our site popped up at the top!!!
  • March 15, 2010 7:18 AM GMT

I like the new name and the TGS anacronym. Will there be T-shirts or flannel nities for sale?

Jennifer
    • 42 posts
    March 15, 2010 3:07 PM GMT
    I think the new name is awesome and classy. oddly enough, I think I found my way here initially on a google search with some permutation of the term "gender".
    • 8 posts
    March 15, 2010 9:29 PM GMT
    I agree with most everyone. A classy name for a classy site!

• 1017 posts
    March 13, 2010 7:31 AM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I like it. It will take some getting used to but if it helps the site to live on and prosper, it will be well worth it.

The Gender Society, TGS for short, I'm proud to be a member.

Bet you and Alex and Eric are relieved...

Best,
    Melody
    • 1980 posts
    March 13, 2010 1:47 PM GMT
    I like it, Katie, nice job. Is it okay to slip up and say "TW" once in awhile?

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2463 posts
    March 13, 2010 2:49 PM GMT
    I like it!
    • 1652 posts
    March 13, 2010 3:42 PM GMT
    Yes, classy, respectable, hang on – I don’t belong here!
    I’m much happier being a member of The Gender Society than I am of Trannyanything. There is a bit of a dichotomy for a full-time TS who is supposed to be integrated into society yet still belongs to a tranny site. But I’m not going to be one of those snooty TS’s who says it’s time to “move on” and get on with my life; I’m doing that anyway. I don’t need to turn my back on everyone here to be able to move on.
    Someone said recently that being TS is not something to be proud of, but actually I am proud of my gender. I had to work hard to get some people to accept it.
    I’m sure the name will be much more acceptable for friends and families everywhere, and of course for anyone TG who might be ashamed to be so.
    Bravo, Katie!
    xx
    • 1017 posts
    March 13, 2010 5:01 PM GMT
    I've got a question for anyone with better eyesight than me (ie, everybody).

What is/are the object/objects behind "The Ge" in the new logo, header or whatever it's called. With my strongest bi-focals and a magnifying glass I still can't make out what it is. On the right it looks a little like cloth over rods of some sort...

Perplexed,
    Melody
    • 2573 posts
    March 13, 2010 8:03 PM GMT
    Katie,

I LOVE it.

Hugs,
    Wendy
    • 1980 posts
    March 13, 2010 10:05 PM GMT
    Hi Melody-

Good question, now that you mention it. After reading your post I had a look at what I had simply thought was some decorative lacework or something and there appears to be a face perhaps wearing a veil or headcover of some sort...or perhaps someone who's had a bowl of spaghetti dumped on them and rather likes it. Maybe it's a Rorshach test. Please don't misunderstand, I am most emphatically not criticizing anyone's choice of headwear, I've worn some pretty strange things myself.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 1017 posts
    March 13, 2010 10:38 PM GMT
    Hi Joni,

I don't see the face, but you're probably right. Maybe the shapes on the left are fingers with long nails?

I'm really bad at find the "whatever" hidden in the picture games. I'm probably the only person who ever failed a Rorshach Test, apparently "splattered ink spots" isn't an acceptable answer!

Best,
    Melody
    • 1017 posts
    March 13, 2010 10:55 PM GMT
    Hi Jeri,

I think you are right. I would never have gotten it by myself.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1980 posts
    March 13, 2010 11:26 PM GMT
    @ Melody, ROTFLMAO, omg, girl, that was so funny.

@ Jeri, I think you're right, it is the "TW Girl" from before only looking a bit paler than she had. Does anyone know who she is?

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2068 posts
    March 13, 2010 11:42 PM GMT

Way to GO katie.......its a GREAT new name.

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
  • March 14, 2010 12:36 AM GMT
    fry me, sorry i hate new name.
    • 2068 posts
    March 14, 2010 1:01 AM GMT
    you haven't changed one wee bit MA........

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 1652 posts
    March 14, 2010 11:15 AM GMT
    Further to Judith's question, do we hope, eventually, to drop the omnipresent "tranny" prefix from everything (trannyblog, trannymessages, trannyforums, trannypix etc etc)?
    Would seemt to defeat the object of dropping Tranny from the name when the site appears to be completelly "tranny" orientated.
    Not everyone with gender issues is a tranny, or wants to be identified as one, not that there's anything wrong with that of course.
    xx
    • 1652 posts
    March 14, 2010 11:45 AM GMT
    I’m no expert but I’ve been told that there are ways of improving Google results and getting to the top of the list (if my band can do it I’m sure Katie can).
    It IS the first day for The Gender Society!
    Everyone has a gender, I think it is less exclusive than a tranny site.
    xx
    • 2358 posts
    March 14, 2010 12:11 PM GMT
    I like the name, but have the sneaky suspicion a lot of TV's CD's will resent it thinking its developing more into a site soley for the TS. I was given the link by somone that was already a member to join. How many members found this site through search engines looking up Tranny? Will they be looking for a site with Gender being the definitive term? I do hope the majority here who are not TS, will still feel included and not feel there is a bias one way or the other. It was pointed out, that all the mods and administrators were TS, perhaps thats their fault for not getting involved or just thinking things like that don't apply to them.

Cristine

• 1017 posts
    March 14, 2010 1:08 PM GMT
    Hi Cristine,

Can only speak for myself, but as a CD/TV I don't mind the new name at all. As someone pointed out here, we ALL have a gender. Never really liked the tranny in TrannyWeb, but it was that way long before I got here and just accepted it. I'd have preferred something like TransWeb but that doesn't matter now. Happy with the new name.

All the mods and admins TS? Porscha and Joni come to mind who identify as CD/TV. Probably others but I'm too lazy to check all the forums...

Best,
    Melody
    • 1980 posts
    March 14, 2010 2:47 PM GMT
    Hi Girls-

I know that you can't please everyone all the time, no matter what, but as far as the new name, while there are often bitterly fought disputes about nomenclature and "labeling", to me, TG (transgendered) has always seemed a general umbrella term to cover everyone whose gender identity doesn't exactly conform to societal preconceptions, whether they are CD, TV, TS, or whatever.

My goodness, that was one long run-on sentence, wasn't it?

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 1017 posts
    March 14, 2010 3:28 PM GMT
    Hi Joni,

Sorry, I didn't mean to label you. Just wanted to point out there are mods whose profile shows "Transvestite/Crossdresser." Wasn't trying to imply anything else about individuals or groups.

Best,
    Melody
    • 1980 posts
    March 14, 2010 4:01 PM GMT
    Oh, Melody, dear, that wasn't meant for you at all. It was just a general observation about the new name. Please don't feel that you owe any sort of apology, honestly. I do self-identify as CD/TV, I am not TS, for sure, since I don't plan on, nor particularly want SRS, but since I live most, but not all of my life, as my femme self, I suppose, given the choices available, that the description I've chosen seems to fit best.

Thank you for your apology, girl, and your thoughtfulness, but I was not offended in any way by what you said.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    • 2358 posts
    March 14, 2010 4:53 PM GMT
    Sorry, I did'nt explain myself very well, what I realy meant that percentage wise by members, those that mod and do admin, and post in the forums, the minority of the total membership who are Ts seem to be the most active. The others realy should get more involved taking an interest in at least giving their thoughts and views on things. I Can't be bothered to have a count,but how many none TS put forward a suggestion for the new name, etc.

Don't complain about the goverment you get if you don't bother to even vote.

Cristine

• 1017 posts
    March 14, 2010 5:31 PM GMT
    Hi Cristine,

Put that way, I'd have to, sadly, agree. I suspect the reason is that being TS takes a real commitment and that probably carries over into other parts of life, like taking the lead in social communities, like this one. Some CD's don't have that level of commitment and likewise it is reflected in their degree of involvement. Some of us do try, though.

Best,
    Melody
    • 734 posts
    March 14, 2010 6:58 PM GMT
    Well, nothing like being observant - just noticed the new name!
    I really really like it. I think it does exactly what it says on the tin and will give the site a fantastic boost. I feel very proud of it already and can't wait for the rebranding to roll through the site.
    Well done katie, brilliant choice.
    [Am I sounding a tadge enthusiastic???]
    Best wishes
    Rae xx
    • 2127 posts
    March 15, 2010 11:48 AM GMT
    Glad you mentioned T-shirts. We have no plans for anything like that just yet but I'm sure it will happen.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to own a little piece of history, then make a b-line for our shop and get yourself a Trannyweb t-shirt, mousemat and mug. These are now irreplaceable, collector’s items and there are not many left so get them while you can - here...

http://www.trannyweb.com/[...]cat=254

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x