to be or not to be

• 1195 posts
    March 15, 2010 4:57 PM GMT
    Ah Jamison's is for St.Patty's Week not just for the day.
    As for advise on cooking the Corned Beef here's one suggestion.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/eda/recipe

They suggest using a stockpot - I call it our spegetti pot.

I've got the music for the day already lined up - they'll be singing, dancing and drinking at our house.

hugs
    Gracie in green

• 1195 posts
    March 14, 2010 10:39 PM GMT
    Should we keep the USA forum?
    That's a good question.
    I "mother" the threads but .....
    Am I missing something?

anyway....Have a happy Saint Patricks Day - don't drink too much - make sure you have Corned Beef and Cabbage (gas).

hugs
    Gracie
    • 364 posts
    March 15, 2010 4:08 AM GMT
    I understand its boiled beef and cabbage. LOL. Anyway I opened my 1 litre bottle of Jamieson's whiskey at the weekend to start the celebrations.. Cabbage used to be boiled too, but I am into steaming.
    • 1912 posts
    March 16, 2010 2:16 AM GMT
    Corned beef is best cooked in a Crock Pot (slow cooker) for 8-10 hours. We like a recipe that includes tossing in some sliced peaches and some barbecue sauce to add just a little more seasoning than comes packaged with most corned beef. We cook both rice and cabbage separate, usually boiling, but steaming sounds like a healthy alternative.

We serve it by placing sliced corned beef over rice on a plate, and top it with the peaches and sauce the meat cooked in. The cabbage is served on the side.

As for the U.S.A. forum, I don't think it really matters. Most comments come from people following the recent posts which don't even note which forum the threads are in. U.S. specific topics are outdated just about as fast as they are posted so I doubt anyone spends much time going through the older posts.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1195 posts
    March 16, 2010 2:39 PM GMT
    Thanks Marsha
    I'll just keep on mothering the forum
    As for your recipe for corned beef - different but than you people in Savannah do eat Brunswick Stew.

hugs
    Gracie
    • 1195 posts
    March 17, 2010 10:12 PM GMT
    Thanks Melody
    The USA Forum is here to stay -

Got the corned beef and cabbage ready to eat - if you don't hear from me you'll know there was a problem. I also made two loaves of Irish Soda Bread - I there ok

hugs
    Gracie
    • 1083 posts
    July 15, 2010 7:18 PM BST
    Mary, hon--

Here where I live, it's more like this: 2B or nt 2B.

Is that a question?

Of course we need the USA forum. I've noticed over the last few days it's been pretty quiet in here in general, and I figured I'dve have all kinds of trouble stirred up by now.

Must be a summer thing.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 1195 posts
    July 15, 2010 7:49 PM BST

Mina - there's always religion or politics - he he he
    • 1083 posts
    July 15, 2010 9:31 PM BST
    Mary Grace, sugah--

**purrs**

Y'all don't want to go there with me, honey...

luv 'n hugs,

Mina
    • 1017 posts
    March 14, 2010 10:48 PM GMT
    Hi Mary Grace,

I've got my Corned Beef round, but I have no idea how to cook cabbage. Any suggestions?
    My backup plan is to boil red potatoes to serve with the corned beef.

Best,
    Melody

• 1652 posts
    March 16, 2010 1:42 AM GMT
    Here's my recipe for corned beef:
    Take 1 tin corned beef
    Remove key
    Remove tin
    Discard

Done.

xx
    • 1017 posts
    March 17, 2010 4:18 PM GMT
    Hi Mary Grace,

Going back to your original point on this thread, I think this forum is needed. There are issues that concern primarily members from the USA. I think the problem is that folks are more likely to post to one of the health forums, the political forum, or, mostly, the general forum. I promise when I post a new thread to think about doing it to the USA forum when appropriate.

Now I've got to get a pot of water boiling for the Corned Beef.

Best,
    Melody
  • June 3, 2010 3:53 PM BST
    Hiya Mary.

Bet your a lovely mother. Hugs.

Of course we should keep the USA forums, we know all about the american incursions, lol, we don't realy want to end up being the 51st tranny state, even if you are the mother.

Hugs Cristine