Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Cover Girl Simply Ageless Foundation

Cover Girl Simply Ageless Foundation

Tags : None
  • I thought I would post a little review of Cover Girl's Simply Ageless foundation. This is the foundation Ellen Degeneres is the spokeswoman for.

I have been using and for that matter still use Maybelline mineral powder foundation on a daily basis. However, I was curious and wanted to try a cream foundation. After reading several reviews of different products I settled on the CG Simply Ageless.

I picked up some tips from reading reviews done by others so I would like to share the ones I found most important.

1. Don't judge a shade by the color, lol. You need to go at least 3 shades darker than what you think matches your skin. Knowing this ahead of time allowed me to get a great match on my first try. Also for the summer if you tend to tan at all you may want to go an additional shade or two darker.

2. Although CG Simply Ageless is blended with Olay Regenerist Moisturizer, don't skip moisturizing your face well before applying this foundation.

3. The instructions suggest you wash and thoroughly dry the applicator pad which comes with the foundation after each use. That makes sense, but you may find you get a smoother application if you dampen the pad prior to application.

4. Maybe this should go first but I don't understand why some had problems with this. It does no good to have all these tips if you can't get the container opened in the first place. Apparently many women have had a problem with this. There are two sides to this container. The one containing the applicator pad you just flip open. The other side containing the foundation is unscrewed.

5. Don't be confused about the white swirl in the foundation, it does not need to be mixed with the foundation. Just swirl the applicator pad lightly around the top of the foundation and you will see the white has no effect.

6. A little goes a long ways. So don't grease up your face in an attempt to get that china doll smoothness.

Ok now that you know how to get this from the container to your face, just gently apply it to your face and neck. I used Maybelline translucent mineral powder to set the foundation. If you have purchased a shade too light you can use a darker shade of mineral powder to set the foundation.

Whether on us or on other women, we have all seen gals that look like they have either too much or the wrong makeup on. That was my original worry as I started applying this and saw the full coverage. But as I completed the application and set it with the translucent powder, I have to say I was very pleased with results. I used my mineral powder blush with good results, but I'm sure whatever you prefer would be fine. Some of the other reviews I read were questioning how well the CG Simply Ageless lasted throughout the day. I have what is considered normal skin and found that this foundation held up well all day.

For my type of work this foundation is a little much so I plan on using it more for special occasions like nights out or going to church. Needless to say, I am very happy with the product.

Hugs,
    Marsha

April 1, 2010 2:03 PM BST
  • Foundation, eye-shadow, little bit of mascara and lippy.
    Less is good.
      April 1, 2010 7:12 PM BST