Interested in Helping Out?

• May 7, 2010 6:02 AM BST
    Ladies,

Not quite sure if this will mass muster with Katie and the moderators (if not, girls, my apologies... just delete it)...

I was wondering about this little community of ours and trying to figure out how/where I could be of some help. I hope that sounds reasonable...

I am not sure if writing a book about my experiences and offering some polite pointers/advice is of any value. That's been done may times before.

Perhaps I can use my stage and speaking abilities to address groups, sparkle for those of you in the UK, tri-ess meetings here in the US, etc. A lot of people are unsure about addressing crowds. I'm comfortable in that arena.

I just want to find out what some of "the basics." are: does anyone care for a "TG Speaker", would it be worth anyone's time, would they listen or attend, what are some of their issues, etc.

Along those lines, feel free to drop me an email here, reply to this thread, or (BEST of all) click the link below for a quickie survey. It would be most helpful to this endeavor.

http://www.surveymonkey.c[...]QBP98DH

I am not used to being a survey-creator, so if any of them are a bit silly, you have my apologies in advance.

Thanks, girls!

Sincerely,

Karri
  • May 8, 2010 3:15 AM BST
    Thanks, Katie!

You have my gmail address from the other day.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Karri
  • May 13, 2010 7:38 AM BST
    Hi, Girls!

If you are at all inclined to help a fellow member out, please feel free to join in the survey.

Only 7 responses out of 25 readers...

Come on in. The water's fine and the replies are completely anonymous.

Hugs!

Karri
  • May 15, 2010 6:13 AM BST
    Ladies:

THANK YOU so very much for your responses!

It's getting close to the 30 desired responses for minimal statistically valid results (for such a survey).

If you haven;t put down your answers, feel free...

;-)

Thanks, again!!

Karri
    • 4 posts
    May 17, 2010 12:37 AM BST
    :)

You've made an interesting little survey. Be intriguing to see what results you get.

:)

I'm the one who designed the Gender Society Surveys - the ones accessible through the Community Features.

As you say numbers of responses are quite important but your survey and mine are aimed at different criteria so I guess the minimum numbers would be quite different.

I must say that in creating surveys - and I'm sure you'll agree with this - requires a lot more effort than some people realise! Certainly familiarity, of course, but then there's considering what questions to ask, what order they should be in etc etc. Can be quite exhausting!!!

The surveys I created were so difficult to design properly but, now, I have say I'm extremely intrigued when, eventually, I can pull out the FULL results. (The survey questions are linked in ways that people don't always recognise! They don't just give straight foward answers!)

I know these surveys will be ending fairly soon so I do hope more people do them while they're still "live" ...

THE important thing is how ever we're supporting and helping our community, the main thing is that we ARE supporting trans people and CARE.

For that you get big HUGS from me.

Lee
    xxx
    • 2127 posts
    May 7, 2010 3:27 PM BST
    I can think of dozens of things we need a hand with. I'll drop you a line by email.

Hugs, Katie x