What clothing have you bought recently?

• 871 posts
    May 7, 2010 12:07 PM BST
    Hiya,
    Bit of a fun thread. I was recently admiring an item of clothing that I bought last week. Its a full length black flared skirt with lace and embroidery. Its kind of a hippy skirt style and as it is purely black it really sets off my gothic image. The best bit about it is it only cost me 50p from a charity shop. I can see myself wearing this skirt all summer as it really boosts my confidence. I thought I would share my exuberance and wonder if anyone else also has a similar and delightful story?
    Penny
    x
    • 1912 posts
    May 7, 2010 12:50 PM BST
    I'm actually trying to control my shopping this year because of my upcoming SRS in December, but control doesn't mean no shopping at all, lol. Most recently I bought this house gown that almost could be worn as a summer dress. It has a tropical print of greens, reds, and earth tones with large orange flowers. Otherwise the only thing lately was the pink dress suit I am wearing in my current profile picture. That is more of a special occasion dress that I hope I have more occasions for.

I'm quickly approaching two years fulltime and have a dresser and closet full of clothes that I still find I don't have anything to wear. Some of my clothes are starting to show signs of wear also so I definitely see more shopping trips in my near future.

Hugs,
    Marsha
  • May 7, 2010 1:37 PM BST
    I bought a white cotton calf-length full skirt and a white cotton petticoat from a local open air market this morning. Should be fine with bare legs and sandals and some nice weather.
    • 434 posts
    May 7, 2010 4:14 PM BST
    Penny,
    I am so happy for you that you have found clothing that suits your feelings about yourself.
    It shows that you are becoming a-tuned with the woman inside you.
    Many happy returns my dear!!
    • 1195 posts
    May 7, 2010 6:58 PM BST
    I'm so pleased you asked
    I bought a "sports bra"(no puns, please) which helps me keep my back straight and shoulders back.
    I went shopping with my wife - during a sale, no less. She found a pair of silk pants with an over lay - in black.
    She also bought a nice black skirt- this was two tiered too. She told me in the store the skirt was mine and I "could" wear the slacks too. She had me model both when we got home and then she made me put both away for next fall. She said they weren't for summer wear. Lucky me.
    Gracie
  • May 8, 2010 10:35 AM BST
    Can I join in with this thread?

Some peep-toe Holly heels

Never gonna wear 'em!

/K
  • May 8, 2010 11:01 AM BST
    Cristine,
    Careful with all that impulse buying.
    You could get yourself into some serious debt there girl!
    • 105 posts
    May 8, 2010 11:03 AM BST
    Hi Penny,

My most recent shopping expedition was intended to prepare for the British summer. I bought three new jumpers

Hugs,

Judith
  • May 13, 2010 7:33 AM BST
    Bought?

Heck: free! :-)

Open a charge card with Victoria's Secret and you'll get a card about once per month offering 1 free panty with an in store visit and about $5-15 off whatever bra they're currently pushing...

(ba-dump-dump...)

Sorry... had to do that...

:-)

Anyway: a boring black microfiber bikini, but you can't have enough black undies...

xoxoxo

Karri
  • May 13, 2010 9:25 AM BST
    A pair of wedgie sandals, a black slip, a pack of knickers, and a steak pie.
    I know a steak pie isn't normally considered an item of clothing but I bought all of the items at the same time.
    I got the slip to go under a dress which is a bit too see through for me.
    The sandals are those kind you have to grip onto with your toes.
    The knickers are just plain.
    A bit like me really.
  • May 13, 2010 1:09 PM BST
    Well I finally got a pair of shoes that fit me rather then buying the smaller size and adjusting them. I wear them so much I almost shower and go to bed in them lol.

Stephenie

• May 14, 2010 2:13 AM BST
    Lucy,
    Yeah why not a "steak pie hat".
    It could possibly start a whole new youth culture!
    • 136 posts
    May 14, 2010 2:29 AM BST
    I think the last item of clothing I bought was a concert t-shirt at Japan Nite in San Francisco.
    The front has in large print, "Kon Ni Chiwa" and a red "rising sun", and the back has a list of tour dates.

I really have to really get in the mood to go clothes shopping, and then look out!

• 434 posts
    May 14, 2010 4:40 AM BST
    "What clothing have you bought recently?"

What clothing have I NOT bought recently?
    LOL LOL LOL
    (Damn! where is that Bank Card when I REALLY NEED IT!!)
    • 1017 posts
    May 7, 2010 1:56 PM BST
    Hi Penny,

I just went shopping for summer tops and bought four. I got two spaghetti strap tank tops, one berry and one bright yellow. I also got a stonewash sweetheart denim blouse and a white eyelet tunic. Now I've gotta get some new jeans and capris to go with.

Best,
    Melody
    • 2358 posts
    May 7, 2010 10:00 PM BST
    I was in Sainsburys the week before last, bought a new pair of knickers, the pair I had, got a bit faded and ragged, so thought what the hell, get a new pair.

lol lol
    • 2627 posts
    May 8, 2010 11:37 AM BST
    I just bought some sandles for summer. I ordered them online & got the wrong color. I ordered brown & got a light blue.
    They go with so many outfits that I'm keeping them.
    • 1652 posts
    May 14, 2010 12:53 AM BST
    Hey Janis, if it was a pork pie, that could be considered an item of clothing, it’s a type of hat I believe. Mind you I suppose you could wear a steak pie on your head too.
    Our town’s notorious homeless drunk once kicked in the local pie shop window. His defence in court, as reported in the local rag, was that he had stepped in a pork pie and was trying to shake it off his foot.
    He didn’t get away with it. Anyway, I digress…
    I just bought my first pair of red shoes!
    I’m not a big shoe buyer really, but clothes I can’t resist. It’s getting silly, I need another house just to store my clothes.
    xx