Looking for a creative writer...

• May 11, 2010 3:15 PM BST

Hi everyone!

Some friends of mine, Jane and Louise, are launching a small new website that's dedicated to all things 'trans'. They're looking for someone to help with blogging and articles, maybe handle the facebook page and the odd tweet - they are happy to pay for someone who's really passionate.

If you're interested, the site is at www.transvestitetemple.net. If you like the look of the site and think you might be interested in the project, please contact the publishers who are working with Jane and Louise, via [email protected].

Have a great day!

Alexandra
    • 1195 posts
    May 11, 2010 5:56 PM BST
    Alexandra
    I'm confused (not really a difficult trick)
    Why would you and your friends start you own web site when we have a creative writing forum here?
    Additionally, have you considered the hugh audience you have here?
    No offense intended.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    May 11, 2010 6:45 PM BST
    I decided to check out the site before I opened my mouth or set my typing fingers free. I found that this site is definitely new, but what Alexandra failed to mention is it is all about selling a book or whatever called "1001 Secrets of Feminine Cross Dressing" for $37.00. Otherwise the only information available on the site is some bio stuff on Jane and Louise, and a spot to sign up for junk mail, sorry, I mean newsletter. Again, this site is very new and who knows how they will expand it, but as of right now the priority is to sell a book.
    Typing it as I see it,
    Marsha

• May 11, 2010 7:22 PM BST
    Well spotted girls.

"Hi everyone"?

'Bye everyone."

Well me anyway!
  • May 11, 2010 11:32 PM BST
    Nice one, Janis

/K
    x
  • May 13, 2010 7:29 AM BST
    Rae,

You and the others nailed it down.

Everyone wants your creative input. No one will pay you for it, nor is it often for any more worthy a cause than (self) promotion.

I have personally tried various online writing forums, and consistently come back to the members of my local tech school writing class for the best feedback, best ideas and most acceptance.

Yes, I keep taking the same class with the same old gals as me every semester. It's the best $97 investment in my sanity that I make every 6 months.

The only things that ever get well read are the boring articles and posts I do for my "real job" (yawn...).

Maybe someday...

;-)

Hugs!

Karri
  • May 11, 2010 6:37 PM BST
    Mary hugs xxXxx

I think its called head hunting, they are looking for people to write articles for their own site, bit cheeky if you ask me, lol

Cristine
    • 734 posts
    May 13, 2010 12:26 AM BST
    Hmmm. Like Marsha - and others I suspect - I thought I'd better take a look before commenting. And I appreciate Alexandre has posted the link in good faith. But ... from a writers point of view ... I have to say I'm underwhelmed thus far. I'm not trying to be deliberately harsh and appreciate the efforts of those trying to start a business online.
    I do appreciate it's a new site but don't try to publicise a site before you start to populate it. Don't have a blog page if you haven't got a blog. A links page without a link? I didn't take the time to check but it had the feel of an economically built site on a freehosting type template. I could be doing them a disservice. But... [there goes that word again]... when you're a writer looking for the odd bit of paid work you have to have in the back of your mind this question: Whatever the rates of pay are, what is the percentage possibility of those rates being worthwhile? What increases that percentage is the professionalism that the site gives. The depth and clarity of information. The confidence it instills within you.
    As things stand I couldn't endorse it. That said, if more info was posted that may be usefull.

I have absolutely no objection to people posting links on this forum for what may be worthwhile opportunities to earn money from your writing. As long as people don't mind the sites being appraised. Writing online is a very competitive area. Many promises are made...

Best wishes
    Rae x
    • 734 posts
    May 13, 2010 2:26 PM BST
    Yep, karri, you're right. The problem is this here innernet thingy. It's made the world a small place. I could easily end up competing for a paid article [wanting to be paid UK rates] with someone equally conversant in written English living in India or South America. The upside, of course, is that we start looking to be experts in a narrower field where competition is not so widespread...

You are more than welcome to post your work on this forum. All styles and all levels are welcome. All I ask is that it won't make my Granny blush...
    We are a young fledgling group but you will attract feedback. If only from me! And whilst feedback tends to be general you can request a more objective critique.

Best wishes
    Rae x