Just Come Out

• May 17, 2010 12:55 AM BST
    Hi,

Just joined up here! I just recent;y came out to my wife after many years of marriage, when I've supressed my desires, which has led to a lot of anger and pent up emotion inside.

She's trying her best on this one as I know it's someting she can't really get here head around. I think she's prepared to accept it and actually said she'd rather I did it (dress) than get angry.

I feel really bad giving her this extra complication in life, but I'm feeling like I could be whole for the first time in my life. It's almost like I've hidden 1/2 of myself away for all these years. The temptation is to rush things and make up for lost time but I thinlk she'd rather not think about it at the moment.

It's going to be an interesting time. Very glad to have the internet and to have discovered places like this!

Love to all

Simone
    • 157 posts
    May 17, 2010 1:20 AM BST
    Hi Simone

Congratulations to coming out to your wife and Welcome to the GS! That is a huge step, but an important one. You will find lots of support and experience to draw from here.

Hugs Jeri
  • May 18, 2010 11:55 PM BST
    Hi Jeri,

Thank-you for the kind message. It's so good to know that I'm not the only one in this boat and not the only one to have kept this bottled up for so long. I look forward to many chats and the opportunity to offer support as I learn more on the journey too. I love your second quote - that me to the core!

Many thanks

Simone

• 2463 posts
    May 19, 2010 2:36 AM BST
    Hi Simone,
    First let me say congratulations. I know what a huge relief this can be.

However, when it comes to your wife, please do not rush anything. While you have every right to be who you are, rubbing it in her face will not make the situation easier. Please let her approach the topic when she is ready to discuss it. Respect her limits. Again, this is not saying you should be ashamed (you shouldn't), it's just her process the whole situation in her own way.

Good luck.

Mere
    • 2017 posts
    May 20, 2010 3:35 PM BST
    Welcome to TGS Simone, and I can imagine you feel a huge weight has lifted from your shoulders now. I have to say that ultimately it is better that you have been open to your wife as honesty is everything in a relationship.

Yes, you may be very tempted to rush things but don't. Your wife has a lot to think about and her emotions will be in turmoil so there may well be some ups and downs for a while as she tries to come to terms with this. You have had a lifetime, so don't expect her to deal with this overnight, it can take several years. Be patient, and move at a pace that your wife is comfortable with, as in the long term, that will be far more successful for you both.

In the meantime, expect a lot of questions, regarding your sexuality, (that's usually the first one), and how far you are going with this. Is it crossdressing every now and then or would you ideally like to transtition? The first is easier to live with, the latter is often destructive to relationships. Your persuasion says 'CD/TV' but sometimes we don't even know ourselves to begin with.

Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck in making this work for both of you. We're here should you need any advice, or just someone to talk to. You may also find a lot of useful info in the 'Coming out' forum as many other women have told their story there already.

Nikki