Profiles

• 364 posts
    June 7, 2010 10:45 PM BST
    When I click on someone's profile, the profile appears. However in the background are a dozen copies of my photo/icon (head to shoulder) measuring about 100x 50 mm. In the past 2 months I have sent a couple of e-mails to gender society which have not been acknowledged.
    Is there a remedy ?

Further I have lost my status and am now a nobody.
    • 364 posts
    June 8, 2010 2:35 AM BST
    Thanks for your help, Lucy. Everything worked well. My last sentence should have been in another thread but I was pushed for time. It is intended for Katie and refers to "Status" which appears beneath my photo in the forums. LOL
    • 364 posts
    June 9, 2010 9:31 AM BST
    Hi Katie

Thanks for replying. I did send one e-mail (per tranny mail) to the address in Help menu. The other maybe by personal message, but it i
    s water under the bridge now as things are now back to normal
    • 1652 posts
    June 7, 2010 11:22 PM BST
    Hi Joanne, this has been happening to a few people recently.
    On the “Member Services” drop-down menu click on “Photo Upload”.
    Underneath “Upload your photo” and “Upload your icon”, you will see “Profile Background Image” and a tick-box for “Delete without replacing”. Tick this box then click on “Upload Photos” at the bottom.
    That should clear the background when you view someone’s profile.
    You're definitiely not a nobody, dear.
    xx
    • 2127 posts
    June 8, 2010 12:02 PM BST
    Hi Joanne,

> I have sent a couple of e-mails to gender society
    > which have not been acknowledged.

We try to reply to every email within 24 hours and usually much sooner. However, I have no record of any messages from you about this. What email address did you send it to?

The pictures that appeared behind profiles you looked at were there because you can decorate profiles the way you want (as you can at MySpace). My guess is that when you uploaded your profile photo, you must have inadvertently uploaded a profile page background pic too. I know it's not very well documented but our new site will be much more user friendly.

The status thing you asked about refers to the graphic underneath which says whether you are online or not.

You can also add a comment, like you would on Facebook or Twitter. To do that just go to your "Edit my Profile" page at:

http://gendersociety.com/[...]ile.cgi

Hope that helps.

Hugs, Katie x