Good Morning July 4th!

• 89 posts
    July 4, 2010 1:00 AM BST
    Good morning all!

We have entered the date that symbolises the Trans Atlantic friendship and sisterhood of all tranny kind. July 4th is an American day that we join to celebrate with our sisters across the pond.

I remember having made a post at this place on July 4th for 5 or 6 years ago. Back then I shared 2 pieces of music for the day. Please accept them again as a token of my Trans Atlantic friendship:

http://ajaveebnik.planet.[...]dle.mid

http://ajaveebnik.planet.[...]le2.mid
    • 105 posts
    July 4, 2010 10:19 AM BST
    I'd like to add my best wishes for a specially happy and memorable day to everyone here, and in particular to those living in America

Party wisely and well, and have a great time!

Hugs,

Judith
    • 871 posts
    July 4, 2010 11:55 AM BST
    Happy Declaration of Independence day!

The civil war started on April 19, 1775 and ended on September 3, 1783.

The Declaration of Independence was signed on the 4th July 1776 after many of the colonists of the 13 colonies of the Americas rejected the legitimacy of the Parliament of Great Britain to govern them without representation, claiming that this violated the Rights of Englishmen.

Thereby formally declaring independence as one new nation — the United States of America — claiming their own sovereignty and rejecting any allegiance to the British monarchy.

France's government secretly provided supplies, ammunition and weapons to the rebels from 1776, and the Continentals' capture of a British army in 1777 led France to openly enter the war in early 1778, which evened the military strength with Britain. Spain and the Dutch Republic – French allies – also went to war with Britain over the next two years, threatening an invasion of Great Britain and severely testing British military strength with campaigns in Europe — including attacks on Minorca and Gibraltar — and an escalating global naval war.

I love to celebrate the Declaration of Independence, as no one should live in fear and oppression. Besides, English actors get all the juicy baddy roles in American films

A little joke I like to say, its not the winning that counts, its the taking part!

Have a good one!

Much Love
    Penny
    xxx