I think this important.

• 129 posts
    July 17, 2010 12:05 AM BST
    Hi all i know i said in my previous post that it was my last and i am kind of breaking my word but i feel this is important.

I was in contact with the suffolk hate crime service today (16th july) as i offered to help them with any problems they had regarding the transgendered community and crimes again,st us , i was shocked to find out that only 2 reports had been made by transgendered people in 3 months , in a county as big as sufflok, that figure is false as the crimes just go unreported for many reasons "most proberbly personal ones" even though the service is in confidence .

In two weeks time it will be one year since i allowed my local newspaper to do a full page feature on me and stick my ugly mug on the front page to try to get the message out that we are entitled to live our lives as we choose even though in my case it is not a lifestyle choice its a fact i am female in the wrong body and can,t live life any other way . The newspaper want to do a year on update on my life which i have agreed to and i am also going to try to get them at the same time to highlight the lack of reports of hate crime again,st transgedered people as if victims of hate crime feel they can,t report the crime the figures will continue to read false and the crimes will continue to go unrecorded therefore allowing the perpetriators to get away with it , this is not acceptable in 2010 and if i can make even a small difference i bloody will .

I would just like thank everyone for there kind messages about my decission i made to log out of here for good , i am still here and still wondering if i can make a difference here , there are a lot of very special people here and i know we can,t all agree on everything but i always seem to put my foot in it every now and again , i am not an offensive person i just have strong opinions on certain things , its just the way draged myself out of the gutter that makes me the way i am.

Love to all Julia xxxx
    • 1912 posts
    July 17, 2010 3:35 AM BST
    Julia, there is no question you had to do so much and for that matter did it well to get yourself where you are today. I think I probably do the same thing it appeared you were doing at times and that is to forget others have their own story. I don't know anything about the area you live in so I can't respond to your question whether or not two hate crime complaints tells the true story. It would be a nice thought that two was all there was. It is very honorable of you to bring to the communities attention that hate crimes need to be reported. I wish you the best with your efforts.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 129 posts
    July 17, 2010 6:42 PM BST
    Hi Marsha .
    Thank you! the county of suffolk has a population of about 730.700 at the last count in 2009 and the biggest town is Ipswich with a population of over 120.000 , suffolk is a large mostly rural area and makes up a large proportion (in land) of the UK and is a county made up of towns and small villages , i don,t actualy live in suffolk but as part of my property is on the border with norfolk i pay my council taxes to suffolk but have a norfolk address , i don,t know if norfolk and suffolk had a fight about who i pay my tax to but if they did suffolk won.

Now i think you can proberbly agree that however nice it would be for the figures to be true they are wrong , two hate crimes again,st TGs in three months from 730.700 people .
    The reporter from the newspaper is a very nice person and i am sure she will agree to highlight the fear of TGs not feeling safe in reporting the crimes again,st our community.
    Thanks for your support , hugs Julia x .

• 129 posts
    July 17, 2010 6:53 PM BST
    Hi Lillith.
    I will let you know when it is going to be published and the paper is the Diss express , i know it is sold in bury st edmunds and stowmarket in suffolk but it is a norfolk newspaper .
    I you can,t find a copy where you live i can scan it and email it to you .

Many thanks for your kind words hugs Julia x .
    • 364 posts
    July 18, 2010 8:50 AM BST
    Julia

All people born under Scorpio have strong opinions. I know from experience and from Marsha.
    • 129 posts
    July 18, 2010 9:54 AM BST
    Hi Anna-Marie.
    I don,t know if they are sister newspapers if they are i will ask the reporter if it can go into as many as possable as the more people it reaches the better .This is not realy about me even though i have been attacked twice in the last 9 months but the reporter has to use my life as an example otherwise there would be no story to write , i just want to make others lives easier , my four jail sentences in my younger years tought me one thing i had to learn fast "how to defend myself" .

To be honest i don,t care if my personal life ends up in the News of the world , Tass or Reuters as long as the message gets out that we are human beings with the same rights as everyone else .
    Hugs Julia xx .
    • 1912 posts
    July 18, 2010 12:27 PM BST
    So that's what it is Joanne. I guess I can't really change that so I'm going to stop worrying over it and really start letting the good stuff roll.
    Hugs,
    Marsha

p.s. Are there any other good things I should know about being a Scorpio?
    • 1912 posts
    July 18, 2010 6:45 PM BST
    Bring it on Melody, lol.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 364 posts
    July 20, 2010 5:05 AM BST
    Remember, scorpions have a terrible sting in their tails. Fortunately I was compatible with my late wife. LO
    • 110 posts
    July 17, 2010 7:26 AM BST
    Hi Julia. Just wanted to say I think what your trying to do is great. I can't believe there's only been two reports either. Suffolk is a huge agriculture county which is mainly a mans man work if you know what I mean. I work in farming and my life would be hell if my fellow workers found out. I too live in Suffolk and would love to read the article in the paper. Could you tell me which one it is. Good luck with all your trying do. Take care. Love lillith
    • 734 posts
    July 17, 2010 10:21 PM BST
    Not to mention that a lot of local papers have online editions, so you may be able to provide a direct link...
    Best wishes
    Rae
    • 2068 posts
    July 17, 2010 11:30 PM BST

Julia, do you think it might make the Eastern Daily Press or East Anglian Daily times as well?

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2068 posts
    July 17, 2010 11:39 PM BST

So you're a Suffolk Girl too are you Lillith?.....well i'm only about 45 miles up the coast from you, in Lowestoft.

lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 2068 posts
    July 17, 2010 11:45 PM BST

This is what you're after Rae....

http://www.dissexpress.co.uk

Lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Anna-Marie
    • 110 posts
    July 18, 2010 6:18 AM BST
    Hi Julia. I live about 15 miles from diss and can get the paper no problem. Please let me know when it is in ,and I wish you the best of luck with the article Love lillith x
    • 110 posts
    July 18, 2010 7:23 AM BST
    Hi Anna-Marie. Yep I'm a Suffolk girl and pop to Lowestoft regularly. It's only about 20 miles away as I lve in a small village called laxfield sort of half way between Ipswich and Lowestoft I have sent a friend request. Hope to hear from you soon. Love lillith x
    • 1017 posts
    July 18, 2010 5:47 PM BST
    Hi Marsha,

Just remember you're not they only Scorpio in this little playpen, LOL.

Best,
    Melody