trouble of sorts

• 1195 posts
    September 4, 2010 11:28 PM BST
    Lemme splain ( as Ricci Ricardo used to say)
    I've always set goals in my life. For years I had three goals - I've achieved all of them
    Now I've set my sights on getting a PhD (a doctorate to my UK friends). Golly gee Sandy - we're not in Kansas anymore.
    I've got so much reading to do.
    I can't complain - but I'm not a speed reader - I read for content - which means I ponder each sentence. Got to change.
    My bride said "Go for it." when I first brought it up returning to university..
    Why am I writing this? Well I just wanted you all to know I'm not available for any social activity, just at present. Soon I'll get back into the academia mode and will breeze along.
    For now just hold good thought for me.
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 1912 posts
    September 4, 2010 11:44 PM BST
    Best wishes always Gracie. We will eagerly look forward to your return.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 1195 posts
    September 5, 2010 3:10 PM BST
    Thank you for the well wishes.
    I apologise if I gave the impressiion that I was leaving TGS - I'm not.
    With the wonders of technology I'm taking classes on-line. We're given a week to read assignments and comment on them.
    We then hold a discussion. Sounds hectic - this weekend I'm reading two books -write a 300 word paper etc., etc.
    Ain't life gran?.
    During the summer I take "practical" classes - that's painting and such. It'll take three years for the masters and them who knows for the PhD.
    As my bride said "It's now or never."
    hugs
    Gracie
    • 2573 posts
    September 5, 2010 12:20 AM BST
    Good luck, Gracie. I plan to return to college myself next year. Good for you.
    • 1017 posts
    September 5, 2010 12:48 AM BST
    Hi Mary Grace,

Good for you. You go girl!

Mind me asking what subject you are pursuing?

Best,
    Melody
  • September 5, 2010 3:49 PM BST
    Well done Mary, never to late to improve ones edumacation, lol. everyones pushing me now to advance myself by studying law. I would but the wigs are so not me , lol
    • 734 posts
    September 6, 2010 1:42 AM BST
    Well done Mary Grace and go for it.
    Cristine why not? You don't have to wear the wig...
    Higher education later in life, in my opinion, is to be commended. If you can afford the time to study then you are in the best position. You are doing your degree / masters / whatever because you are genuinely interested in the course. Not for the certificate at the end. I started my degree when I was - ahem - 33...
    Much love
    Rae