Suspended threads

• 746 posts
    September 20, 2010 1:58 PM BST
    And for the record, I do love Crissie to death...one day, some way, I'll get across the pond and we'll share some face to face laughter...Cass, treat her good or....(smile)

Enjoy the trip!

Traci xxxx
  • September 20, 2010 1:27 PM BST
    10 reasons to hate Crissie.

What was meant to be a back handed, funny tribute to Crissie's sense of humour, dedication, etc etc etc, has been suspended, ruined. Note so many threads lately being suspended because of illogical and petty personal squables. I often wonder why she bothers. anyway great night last night BBQ on the beach and a few hours in the ministry of sounds, some of us live such sad lives, lmfao .................

Cassandra Whitehead
    • 252 posts
    September 20, 2010 2:44 PM BST
    Personal attacks in a thread that was labelled "satire". *sigh* You are right, dear. The whole thing is quite ridiculous, but sometimes you have an individual who doesn't care about others. And it sucked, because Cris deserved that thread. There are not many people who do more around here and the fact that personal attacks were launched in that thread is quite shameful and I'm sorry I felt the need to respond to one of those attacks.

Z
    • 252 posts
    September 20, 2010 4:39 PM BST
    Sweetie, you are incorrect in your assumptions that I thought it was your fault. I don't think it was your fault. My last post in that thread was directed toward the person that I think went over the line. I got nothin' but love for ya, babe.

Z
    • 252 posts
    September 20, 2010 5:30 PM BST
    “But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for.” Paulo Coelho

Translation in Zoey speak: "Go big or go home."

Z
    • 1912 posts
    September 22, 2010 12:17 PM BST
    Cristine as well as the others complaining about suspended threads, I was going to edit the negative attack stuff out of the "Bloody Shame" thread, but looking at how much I would have had to cut out, not much would have been left so I chose to just suspend it. The only relevant posts in that thread were the first post and Cristine's response, minus her last sentence, along with those from others saying stop the fighting. I'm in a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation on a thread like that. Everyone wants to think their post is valid so I'm screwed if I edit it. None of the posts were edited, if you can't reread that and see the personal attacks starting and continuing from the first reply, I just don't know what to tell you. I guess those kind of personal attacks are ok if the person being attacked is someone you don't like. I'm sorry, I think we all need to work together and end that stuff.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 746 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:17 PM BST
    All the bickering going on reminds me a lot of a bunch of men...always trying to get the last word in...geeeez!
    I know it's difficult at times to just ignore the obvious vitriol and it does take the patience of a woman to turn your cheek the other way.
    No easy answer on how to tone things down other than banning posting by those that choose to ignite or suspending threads or whatever...
    But c'mon girls, chill out...
    Traci the weedeater! (Oooooppppppsss...-sorry, just trying to inject a little humor)
    • 1912 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:28 PM BST
    Cristine, I thought your response in that thread was great.........until the last line where I thought you tossed in an unnecessary jab that built on Rebecca's post. Things just seemed to escalate from there and instead of using factual information as you did to refute what Trine said, it turned into others attacking "why they think" Trine said what she said. That is where the Blood Shame thread went wrong. The effort you put into your posts to provided documented information is greatly appreciated by many here.

Now if the majority of gals would like, I will edit the thread by hiding all the responses except Cristine's, edit out any referral to Rebecca's reply, and then you can start fresh. If that is ok, I will unsuspend it.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 252 posts
    September 22, 2010 5:05 PM BST
    I don't participate in most of the mud slinging around here. I usually am just a worried bystander. But I have noticed one thing. Things seem to go nuclear when folks start attacking a person instead of that person's words. Instead of saying "I don't agree with that at all, and here's why..." We get "That's total crap. You are obviously an idiot..." And it takes off from there.

I realize that I'm new here and some people have deep history with each other around here, but does that have to come out on the site? Why make it personal? What the hell does that accomplish? You wanted to make someone feel bad about themselves? Job well done, I suppose. But now they are going to have to hit you back to save face. Then maybe they go a step farther, then you hit back with everything you've got.

Isn't everyone sick and tired of this? God knows I am. But I'm ready with a nuclear option myself. I think it's just about time for the mods to put their heads together and say "So and so has been instrumental in having X number of threads closed and has upset these members, several of whom almost never have a problem with anyone." Then vote for that person's posts being moderated or just direct expulsion.

Aren't we close to something like this, especially the way things have been going? And if not, why not?

Z
    • 2358 posts
    September 22, 2010 8:31 AM BST
    See another thread suspended ''Bloody shame'' Seems one has only to make a logical, factual response to some misinformed, misguided post and in return get a load of inane rhetoric. Perhaps as a forum mod I should'nt get involved. But that rather defeats the object of forums for debate, opinions and factual corrective responses. Do I realy need this crap.????
    • 2358 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:08 PM BST
    Marsha I'm certainly not complaining about the suspension of the Shame thread, it would appear that it was started to provoke a hostile response, the very title of the thread itself, I'm sure a theme in the same vein regarding the USA would have had the tanks rolling, Missiles being launched.

We cannot change history as we both know, but only learn from it and the mistakes that were made. I reiterate I try and present factual and well considered opinions. after a couple of things that have happened over the last few days, I am seriously thinking of calling it a day.
    • 2127 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:26 PM BST
    Is this a hormone side effect or something. Honestly, some people seem to have permanent PMT.

Well I have said time and time again that our forums are not a platform for fighting in public. The thread you are all referring to was definitely getting out of hand so I had no option but to stop it there.

And all this talk of suspended threads like it's something that happens every day, is nonsense. The last time I suspended a thread here was probably over a year ago.

I'm sure some bright spark will now remind me of one I suspended a month back or suchlike but my point is that we very rarely suspend forum threads here and then it's only when they are turning into flame wars.

Come on girls, play nice!

Hugs, Katie x
    • 2358 posts
    September 22, 2010 1:41 PM BST
    Thankyou for the trouble you have taken Marsha, My ''Becca was right'' comment was not an endorsement of the derogatory comment she made, but one of what was said in the original post was that it was without foundation and the person was misinformed, ie, rubish. Becca tends to be more up front than me lol.