The Journey Begins

• 51 posts
    September 29, 2010 6:27 PM BST
    I found this forum and wanted to share this with you...

The journey begins
    with a thought
    a feeling
    a compulsion to move
    free of stasis
    to move
    outwards and up
    inwards and down
    To resolve the emptiness
    find the hidden
    a feeling
    a thought
    a journey begun.

• 51 posts
    October 1, 2010 8:50 AM BST
    Thanks Rae

I appreciate the feed back, I do some times write stuff that ryhmes, I put some up when I find it or write it

Tara

PS What happened to the chain story? or have I just not looked hard enough?
    • 51 posts
    October 1, 2010 9:06 PM BST
    I'd be up for it if you wanted to try again. I liked the idea of the control element, I was once a member of an artists and writers group and the chains used to get well out of hand there, mainly due to the surrealist elements, but they were often interesting experiments.

I was pleased to read that your health had improved and I hope it continues to do so

Tara
    • 734 posts
    September 29, 2010 10:12 PM BST
    Thanks Tara, that is quite interesting. Whilst always having a preference for things that rhyme (I'm very simple like that!), I did enjoy the repitions, the opposites and the terminology...
    Best wishes
    Rae x
    • 734 posts
    October 1, 2010 8:47 PM BST
    You're welcome.
    The Chain Story. Hmmm. Well, that sort of never got off the ground. Whilst there was some interest, unfortunately my health deteriorated and I had to cut back on my posts and what I was doing. Not sure if there is still interest?
    Best wishes
    Rae
    • 734 posts
    October 1, 2010 11:15 PM BST
    To be honest, I do like the idea as well. I agree that these things can often get out of hand quickly but, my hope was, with a modicum of managing it could be one that goes on for a while and actually creates an enthralling story across a multitude of styles and voices...
    Healthwise, I have severe emphysema. It won't improve, just a case of trying to manage the deterioration. The 'blip' this year - and why I haven't done as much as I would have liked both with this forum and with The Trib - was that my total lung efficiency dropped dramatically from 49% down to 40%. I think I've adjusted to that now and can begin to be more creative again. I have learnt to do 'slow' very very well!
    Best wishes
    Rae