Wnen enough is enough...

• 746 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:21 PM BST
    A good scolding was directed at some members in here in another thread, which was deleted although no profanity nor names were mentioned...that said, there reaches a time when all good things must end...

Let me elaborate a little...

This is a support group, a community of girls experiencing similar issues on a daily basis. It is supposed to be a safe haven where one can open up, be themselves, and feel secure in knowing that everyone else in here shares the problems we encounter as we move forward. The world does not accept us and our little community is to be one where we can all come together to find comfort, answers, and new friendships.

Over the past few months, this sisterhood has turned their venom inward towards it's own members...the chat room, when occupied, has become a foul place to hang, the threads are a battleground of "getting in the last word" like a bunch of little boys, and there's enough personal attacks or insinuations to make it a "not so safe" haven to post.

Examples: When a member deliberately uses the C*nt word in chat often, knowing full well that it is a totally derogatory word for women in the USA and then has the gall to get upset over the use of a common word like Weirdo, something is wrong...or when members take liberty to interpret another's intent and blast them for their postings without maybe exchanging private communication first, something's wrong...or when one person's successful transition does not fit the mold of the many and they share it then get vilified for it, something's wrong...or when some posts that are totally flammable, destined to cause a nasty response, are allowed to stay, yet another innocuous post, albeit off the topic is censored, something is wrong...

Girls, it's our site, to create and mold a better world for ourselves and others, and especially for those who will come after us. To do less than the right thing is morally unacceptable and truly only adds to the negative aura the TG world already has...the onus is on us...you can be a "doer", a "watcher", or a "follower", doesn't matter...but do it right! For the sake of our community...

I am moving on...the site has made a positive impact on me and has helped me get to where I am today...would like to thank all my friends for their valuable input and friendship...I will miss many of you!

So, without further delay, I bid the Gender Society a farewell...

Best wishes always....

Traci xxxx
    [email protected]
    • 434 posts
    October 8, 2010 5:45 PM BST
    Cristine,
    how lucky we are that you Hide only the things you don't like - or agree with. Do you burn books as well?

a little quote from 1984
    "The purpose of Newspeak was not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of Ingsoc, but to make all other modes of thought impossible."
    • 871 posts
    October 11, 2010 4:49 PM BST
    I remember a time when it was very rare to see any swearing in the chat room.

Unfortunately, a moderator entered the room and witnessed 4 women, of which 2 are post op, discussing douching and women’s hygiene. This is something not unexpected for a chat room of our nature. The moderator promptly ordered a more pleasant conversation???? and then proceeded to talk about American Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

As you can imagine, during the creation of barium and krypton the C word was copiously used as a protest.

Now you know why!

The chat room has never been the same since. Hopefully, with a half life of only 240 years we should see the chat room return to civil behaviour in about a millennia or 2.

Also, girls used to slag and bitch at each other no less then than they do now.

Love
    Penny
    X
    • 308 posts
    October 19, 2010 5:57 AM BST
    Good post Traci,
    And yes, kudos to you Christine, you are one of the ladies in here that I think keep some sanity to all the rants.

Even though I stayed away and lurked while my wife has been very sick, I really tired of all the argumentative posts. I was starting to think I was just getting that senior attitude.
    A very dear friend of mine that I keep in touch with from Calif strayed away because of this very reason.

I have always said, we're in this together, but all so many times through the years I have seen division in our ranks as a community.
    During a march I was in Lansing, Mi. quite a few yrs ago, a reporter approached me and asked " So what is it, that you looking for " ...I just replied, " The same rights that everyone else has" Then a reporter from In Between the Lines, a GLBT paper of local events, asked me some questions, and one of my replies to a question was, " We have to respect ourselves before we can expect the same from everyone else"

I think this can go a long ways in all of our concerns, acceptance of all whom we encounter, no matter what there persuasion in life.
    Also as I was told a long time ago, ( by a priest of all people ) "It's not my job to condemn, but to accept" I do try to adhere to this in all my daily affairs, not perfect, but getting better.

I like this site, I was here a long time ago, but drifted away....and would like to see it grow and prosper, as I think we all want the same.
    Huggs...Tammy
  • October 22, 2010 10:15 AM BST
    tammy
    you hit the nail on the proverbial head there girl. A lot of dirt has been kicked up here lately supose thats the problem with having a big family. Once the ball starts rolling look out! and cristine your sitting in the middle hun!!
    Keeping a lid on the largest ladies club outside the W I must be some kind of task you get my vote.
    back to the thread, its time for acceptance und understanding, as i wrote a while back feel the love, the beauty of having a big family there's a lot of love to give and a lot to feel..
    Seems to me a few names are missing from the list these days so enough has probably been enough.
    you do a fab job cristine its us that have to accept someone's got to keep the lid on!!!
    love and hugs x sabini xoxo
    • 2358 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:50 PM BST
    Traci, a dear and valued fiend, some would say its only a cyber friendship and meaningless, me I can sense, someones input and grow close to them, I have seen you progress, Why do I spend time studying law, because I wanted to do my bit, everyone was invited to make a contribution to my forum irregardless of where one comes from. constructive contributions. No way was I going to let it become a us and them feature or allow what I considered derogatory or inflamatory remarks and thats why I hid two postings. You could have course either volountered to head up a USA law forum or added a bit of consrtuctive advice in mine for your fellow countrymen. Unfortuanately another gross misinterpretation of how two different cultures understand each other. Keep in touch xxXxx
    • 2358 posts
    October 8, 2010 6:05 PM BST
    Doanna

Now thats inflamatory as well, I hid it as I deemed it unsuitable, Its a forum for all ,but its one I'm responsible for.. I don't want it descending into an us and them personal squabble, people are entitled to their opinions, views, I have always been the first to defend peoples rights here, and jump to defend anyone that has been insulted or ridiculed. What I won't put up with is people deliberately provoking negative responses by calling people boys and other people making blanket statements like the USA is crap. Traci is quite right, we are all in the same boat, allbeit on different continents, but it does'nt help trying to poke holes in each others boats.
    • 2627 posts
    October 8, 2010 7:36 PM BST
    Donna Cristine was in the right to do what she did. That's why we have mods. To stop or prevent things from getting out of hand. I don't know what was said in the post she hid. I don't need to, this is her forum & she is just trying to keep what realy is a good thread going. One person has allready left because of things said there. Do we wait & see how many more can be offended?
    • 2358 posts
    October 8, 2010 8:09 PM BST
    The problem with a lot of animosity or perceived ill feeling is some people let things stack up and then let it all out in one go. which makes it worse. Someone calls someone a man in a frock, the time to complain is at the time its said, same goes for ignorant pig. is it me or do I jump in to quick, if someone was offended by the C word in the chat room the time to bring it up was at the time. I have done some controversial threads, some that have been banned, but I can never ever recall making it a personal issue or a us or them thing. I have I think a lot of friends on here, but if they offend me or anyone else, i like to point it out., perhaps I am gradually losing friends? I think Traci was refering to the herbal thread she started. I made lots of contributions to that thread, Nothing was personal, I tried to make my own contributions factual and based on authenticated material, I never make a point of ridiculing anyone. Please don't even suggest my hiding posts is biased or anyway a means to control a threads direction. Because anyone that knows me on here would from my previous articles would know thats not true to my nature.
    • 2358 posts
    October 9, 2010 5:26 PM BST
    Thankyou Karen for your comment and support. Another problem I see when something like this happens, is everyone seems to shy away from giving support. crossing over and walking by!. I realy try, when i started this forum, I thought I was genuinely gonna be of some help. I was more worried about getting things wrong, it never entered my mind it could become a us and them type thing.
    • 2627 posts
    October 9, 2010 5:39 PM BST
    Cristine your forum has not turned into an us or them thing. It's a great forum that needs to be here & your the right one to do it for us. Thank you!!