Taking a break , some thoughts for you.

• 129 posts
    October 9, 2010 3:44 AM BST
    I want you all to read this "all of this" not just pick bits out .

Something happend on this site that very few people know about , it actualy got so bad for me i deleted my profile , i am saying no more about that .

We are never going to see eye to eye on everything but the natural instinct of one country to attack or destroy anyone or thing it does not agree with has got to stop "especialy here on this site" , this is not an attack on anyone "it is fact" i know the truth hurts but however big you make your flag it will never cover up all of the crimes against innocent men women and children throughout the world .
    Human instinct is to protect yourself and family but just because you disagree with another person does not give you the right to attack them or kill them "it will" cause the ultimate destuction of the world . I do not want to get into politics but for one country to spend $589.802.00 per minute on current wars is mentality in itself.

Now i could sit here and write a book on the millions upon millions of "civilians" that have died since the second world war on the receiving end of that $589.802.00 per minute but there is no point it will not stop the killing and to use the words" in god we trust" will not save you or anyone .Your attitude towards the rest of the world has "got to change" it is not your planet .

Yesterday my house was overun by the press without warning , this was planned but not for yesterday so i was totaly unprepared but i went ahead with having the microphone and the cameras pointing at me asking questions ect . Why??? because i care , i care about the way transgendered people get treated anywhere in the world not just here! , i care about all human life with the exeption of my own because right now i realy do not care if i live or die , i have exposed myself to yet more personal attacks from some of you for just doing my bit .

While i am gone feel free to insult me some more , you can,t hurt me you are hurting this site .I have with Katies permission given this website address to the press and BBC as a safe place for transgendered people to come so make them welcome ..

All of the above is fact wether some like it or not .

All the best to all of you Julia x.
    • 252 posts
    October 9, 2010 6:26 AM BST
    You are gone?
    • 1912 posts
    October 9, 2010 2:04 PM BST
    Things go on around the world every moment of everyday that we often wonder why. The truth of the matter is we don't know why. We are really on the outside looking in, and to make judgments of others behavior on the little information we actually have is futile at best. So to say something based on what you or I know about a given event is very limited. You have chosen to use an example of U.S. military spending. It is easy to not like war, I don't either, but there are reasons things happen that we will never be privileged to know. You cannot assume that those fighting these wars want to. I'm afraid the tone of your post suggests we do. I'm sorry you believe that way.

Julia you have chosen to get behind a worthy cause with all your heart and soul. Again I commend you. I hope others who see your actions will join in with support. However you cannot ignore that there are other causes that others are supporting. Understandably to you, because you are deeply involved, your cause is your deepest concern at the moment. Just remember others are on the outside looking in. So whether war, disease, discrimination, or anything else, you cannot expect others to see it as you do.

You also need to understand there are lots of Julia's out there in the world. So when you say "the world has got to change" you need to realize there are many others like you, which you have no clue about, helping to change things for the better. It is easy to want it all now, to want the war stories to go away, but the reality is it will take time. I have before brought up what I have and am doing in my community. I am on the Board of Directors of the major LGBT organization in our region. I work with and support a group called Standout Youth who are young LGBT's searching for their identity, safety, and advancement. And I have two friends I stay in close contact with that battle severe depression because of their transsexual status and I'm very concerned about their well being. So we are out there changing the world.

The Gender Society is a support site. Some may come here to learn how to paint their fingernails and learn what to wear, but others come here to escape the struggles in their daily lives. So to think we are all here for the same reason is wrong. Many here just want to escape that feeling of being all alone. I know that is what led me here four years ago. I credit this site as saving my life. I can now claim my transition has been extremely successful and it is because of the support I received here. I could care less about 90% of what is available on this site, however I know for others those things I may not care about are why they are here.

I will not be coming onboard your ship with you, because I have my own ship to sail. I am also big enough to not expect you to jump onboard my ship, because I recognize we are two different individuals, with different agendas. I'm ok with that, are you?

I wish you well in all you choose to do.

Hugs,
    Marsha
    • 129 posts
    October 17, 2010 7:25 PM BST
    Zoe S.
    Wow! how long did it take you to write that?.

I wrote this post one hour after receiving a call to tell me a very good friend of mine had been killed by an I.E.D in Afghanistan fighting your countries war .

You sicken me with your worthless comments and all of you over there should be ashamed of your countries actions and being responsible for the deaths of more innocent people in the world in the past 65 years than Adolf Hitler was in his riegn.

I wrote those words " i realy don,t care if i live or die" because i wanted to hold my friends hand , i was told he had no hands to hold but his death was instant .

This is the last few hours i will be on the BBC iplayer and i hope "none" of you tuned in to it as i withdrew my support for this site as soon as i read your comment , i hope you are very proud of yourself .

I am sure if there is a god he "will not" bless America "ever".

Jimbo RIP i miss you so much xxx .

Julia .
    • 252 posts
    October 17, 2010 8:52 PM BST
    Anti-American at all? Nothing like putting us all in the same neat little box. An anger management class might be a really good investment for you.
    • 1912 posts
    October 18, 2010 2:43 AM BST
    Understandably you have experienced some emotional issues Julia. As I mentioned earlier, you are wrong to think everyone involved in the current conflicts want war. Last weekend I sat stopped in traffic for 20 minutes as a funeral procession for one of our local soldiers who was killed in Afghanistan passed by. My eyes teared and I'm sure there were hundreds if not thousands of others sadly effected by the loss of this boy who most of us never knew. My daughter's best friend's husband was one of the first killed in Iraq. She had the officer in the car drive up to the home to deliver the news. Can you imagine that. Do you really think she was as evil as you make her out to be?

It hurts me to see you think of only yourself and that all Americans are to blame for the world's ills. How small minded. And who are you to say. "This is the last few hours i will be on the BBC iplayer and i hope "none" of you tuned in to it as i withdrew my support for this site as soon as i read your comment , i hope you are very proud of yourself ." The world will keep turning, this site is still going, with or without you. I hope you find something in your life that brings you peace.

Best wishes,
    Marsha

• 434 posts
    October 18, 2010 5:49 AM BST
    Julia,
    **Most of the real "LOSERS" in life refer to what they say ( and believe in) - as "it is fact" and of course, they always seem to "know the truth".
    When questioned, they almost invariably can not prove those "facts" ... or even give reasonable argument in defense of what they have said.
    Even when their statements (or so-called "facts", "truths", and "knowledge") are shown to be ridiculous ... they still "blindly plod along" with the same old rhetoric and catch phrases. When that fails, they either divert the topic or accuse those that question what they say as "attacking them".
    Julia, you have defined your place in life quite accurately..

** When I see statements from you such as,
    ---
    1) "this is not an attack on anyone "it is fact" i know the truth hurts but however big you make your flag it will never cover up all of the crimes against innocent men women and children throughout the world ."
    2) "We are never going to see eye to eye on everything but the natural instinct of one country to attack or destroy anyone or thing it does not agree with has got to stop "especialy here on this site"
    3) "just because you disagree with another person does not give you the right to attack them or kill them "it will" cause the ultimate destuction of the world"
    3) "I do not want to get into politics but for one country to spend $589.802.00 per minute on current wars is mentality in itself."
    4) "Now i could sit here and write a book on the millions upon millions of "civilians" that have died since the second world war on the receiving end of that $589.802.00 per minute but there is no point it will not stop the killing and to use the words" in god we trust" will not save you or anyone .Your attitude towards the rest of the world has "got to change" it is not your planet . "

- I see blind and unsubstantiated ranting against the USA by a person who is most likely a lonely "loser" who has "little or no" chance of succeeded in life on their own.
    Perhaps you should write a book as you stated in the 4th quote I have provided.. that way you could share your delusions with others of "like mind".
    Your bitter and plaintive "crying in the dark", while being warmly (and deeply) wrapped within some obvious "Cognitive disorder"... only makes me feel sorry for you.
    ...as for your "deleting your profile" ...good!...no loss!...don't forget to take your little ball home with you.

--------------------------------------------------

"and my needs entwined, like ribbons of light...and I came through the doorway, some where... in the night"

• 252 posts
    October 18, 2010 7:02 AM BST
    Very well thought out, Doanna. I have to agree, every post I see under Julia's name lately has been an attack of one kind or another. Just let me say this...

I'm sorry Julia, that you have a friend who was killed. I have a good friend who was killed in Iraq. I used to live in NYC and I have friends who died in 9/11. I also have friends who have come back from war with a broken mind. Psychological scars are an awful thing.

Most of us in the US and the UK have been touched by these terrible wars. Most of us have an opinion on what's been going on over there. I'm sure ALL of us would love to see all the troops in war zones back home.

However, to blindly lash out at every American you see as "the problem" is...well...a problem. I have protested this war. I have nearly been arrested for protesting it. I'm glad I wasn't arrested, as a call for my record would have caused their fax machine to run out of paper. It might surprise you to know that all of us do not always get behind every decision our leaders make.

However, all the hand holding aside, Julia, nothing gives you the right to piss all over this site with your crone-like screeching at everyone. If you continue to consistently berate and belittle and spew hatred on members of this site, I, along with many, many members here, will be there to tell you to shut the fukc up and stop being a reason that people stay away from this place.

And if you are going to leave this site, just leave. Don't threaten me with a good time.

Zoey
    • 2068 posts
    October 17, 2010 11:08 PM BST

" You sicken me with your worthless comments and all of you over there should be ashamed of your countries actions and being responsible for the deaths of more innocent people in the world in the past 65 years than Adolf Hitler was in his riegn"

I'm sorry Julia but that is the Biggest load of sh*te i ever heard. You obviously haven't heard of the Holocaust and the MILLIONS of Jews that Hitler Gassed. For you to compare Americans to that dictator is just the sickest thing i have ever heard.

Anna-Marie
    • 2127 posts
    October 18, 2010 12:27 PM BST
    I have to agree that this kind of thread is not acceptable here. This community is about transgender things and about friendship and support. It's not a place to start wars with other members, so I'm going to pull this now before it gets even more out of hand.

Hugs, Katie x
    • 2358 posts
    October 18, 2010 12:39 PM BST
    Sad state of affairs, too many blanket generalisations. So II got very upset about being called a hypocrit,, an inocuous and probably ill advised comment, but its gone and done with, Thats why I hid the two posts, to stop the perpetual twoing and froing. Think we in the UK should watch out for our own windows when were the ones throwing stones. If you have a gripe, dont make general remarks.
    • 2127 posts
    October 18, 2010 12:44 PM BST
    Sorry Cristine, you wrote your reply as I was in the process of suspending and hiding this thread. There's no place for this kind of thing in our forums.

Hugs, Katie x