jacques tati

• August 28, 2010 6:09 PM BST

interesting nearly 50 years after it was written and sweet, funny Mr Tati long since passed, someone has revived and unfilmed script as a cartoon

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2515338777/

will look forward to seeing it

• August 28, 2010 6:19 PM BST
    ok, mite be me...but link wont open on IE or aol?
  • August 30, 2010 5:51 PM BST
    ok try this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087456/
    • 2127 posts
    August 31, 2010 1:26 PM BST
    Thanks for that. You have not only discovered a bug but you have also alerted me to a great new movie that I will definitely want to see.

Do you know when it's due for release?

Cheers, KT
  • March 6, 2011 8:09 AM GMT
    Now out on DVD. It's beautifully animated with some very "clever" scenes, one in particular I loved was the Illusionist going into a cinema and seeing Mon Oncle on the screen, the cinema is named The Cameo! And thats the problem really, it IS good, but not very repeatable. I wonder if Mr Tati didn't make this as a live action movie in the 50s because it wasn't quite good enough? Worth a rental, but unless your a real fan, probably not worth adding to your collection. 6 out of 10.
    • 4 posts
    April 23, 2011 6:43 AM BST

I saw Mr. Hulot's Holiday as a kid in the mid-50s. While I didn't get large chunks of the movie at the time, some of the sigtht gags were REALLY funny. Tati did seem to have a unique spin on things and was able to express it...

• 1017 posts
    May 25, 2011 6:52 PM BST

I finally got to see The Illusionist (L'illusionniste) on DVD today. I found it interesting and there are definate Tati touches which I liked but couldn't help thinking how much more Tati himself would have done with the material.

That's probably unfair to the director and animators - guess the film must stand on it's own merits, not what could have been so many years ago.

• May 25, 2011 7:53 PM BST

....its good,,,but could it have been better under mr tati? Impossible to know  really. Will have a second look at my copy, when KT sends it back (hint, hint, lol)