Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Wig Alternatives

Wig Alternatives

Tags : None
  • Unfortunately, the hair on the top of my head is really, really, really, really thin...necessitating a wig.

In this day in time, it is interesting that all the technological breakthroughs we have had, very few involve providing an alternative to a wig as a method of dealing with hair loss. I know a GG who has the same issues due to a genetic disorder.

Has anyone here tried any alternatives, like a hair transplant or plugs or ??

Just curious.
    -Jessi-
      October 12, 2010 11:18 PM BST
  • I had transplants in spring 08. surgeon took a strip off back of my head, cut it into bits and stuck them in front. it worked but I need more.
    what surgeon didn't say and I never thought about was: as he takes a strip of the back he then pulls the scalp back to close the gap..so basically I ended up with not much gain!

but this technique is now oldfashioned and they are doing single plug removal and inserting for a nicer look.

look up plug grafts as the best technique.
      October 13, 2010 3:35 PM BST
  • Hi again Jessi,
    This is the hair night, love it.
    I have a hair dresser and she orders hair pieces that are made just for my head and bonded to my existing hair. they're expensive for a good one, but no one ever guess's that I have a hair piece. They make a mold of your head and then send that to the manufacture to have it made. It stays on all the time, until I go in about every one to one and a half months to have it re-bonded, colored, and my own hair cut. That costs about 55 dollars US. I use this in male mode, but the same process can be used for women' s hair. As a matter of fact she does women's hair also. When the new hair piece comes in, it is usually shoulder length, and it is cut to your needs.
    My hair dresser that does all my wigs, was shocked when I told him it was a hair piece, he was totally fooled, and he thought he could spot anyone with one.
    Good luck...Tammy
    <p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      October 23, 2010 8:39 AM BST