New here

Tags : None
  • Heya everyone :D I'm Killian, 20 years old, and live in Wisconsin, land of many wonderful cheeses. For at least 8-10 years, I have had an overwhelming desire to be a woman, having no wish to be a man or remain being one. Unfortunately, doing anything noticeable seemed so far out of the question, losing my masculinity seemed to be only a dream. I was never one to want attention, usually preferring to stay mostly hidden. I'm surprised it took this long for me to grow so intolerant of ignoring who I am.

I've started coming out to people close to me (only my mother so far, but it is a start). I have been trying in vain to find a therapist I can go to to discuss my situation and potentially starting hormone therapy. I own no clothing or supplies for my true gender, and have no idea where to begin on anything. I have not decided on my new name yet. I joined this site because I want to talk with people in similar situations. I'm done hiding in the shadows.

Thank you for listening, I hope to be a big part of the community.
      November 4, 2010 10:45 AM GMT
  • Hi Killian

there will be lots of help and advice and you can be sure that in your town there will be other T people.

keep surfing for them and local therapists or gender groups.

one another chatroom I use there are lots of newbies like yourself who are really worried about coming out and getting help but mostly they are very surprised to find thsat its a non-event and they can just go serenely on and transition.
      November 4, 2010 11:09 AM GMT
  • Welcome to GS Killian. You should be able to find lots of helpful information in the forums and feel free to ask any questions here that you feel will help you in your journey. The chatroom is a nice place to meet others from around the world. Best wishes.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      November 4, 2010 11:57 AM GMT