Hi! Just introducing myself...

• March 24, 2003 4:46 PM GMT
    Hi Amy,
    I'm Gald your here if you would want to talk just email me [email protected] and I'll replay to you ASAP, what yahoo groups are you with?
    Samantha
    P.S. Your a welcome frind in our little circle and there is a lot of information here on this websight.
  • July 29, 2003 3:55 PM BST
    dear amy my name is phylis anne and my problem was how to explain to my wife that i was a crossdresser ,we had been married over thirty years and i finally said to myself its time to tell her,well two years later i am a member of the transgendered community and i am really enjoying myself love phylis anne and wellcome dear
    • 6 posts
    March 20, 2003 8:19 AM GMT
    Hi girls! This is such a cool site, I'm glad I finally decided to join. After being a lifeling tranny, I've finally decided to start coming out more. Joining this site is one of the steps. I have also joined a yahoo group for t-girls in my area who often times get together. Hopefully I can bring myself to get together with them someday.

I have an anxiety disorder which makes going out in public hard enough, but to top it off with trying to go out en femme seems just too much sometimes.

I hope you all will read me description on my profile as that is where I put a lot of info about me. The icon I chose for myself is very fitting as to my nature (very fun loving humourous type).

Guess thats about it, maybe that was more than just an intro, oh well! I look forward to talking to all you girls.
    thanks
    Love
    Amy

• 539 posts
    March 20, 2003 4:15 PM GMT
    Welcome, Amy. This is an excellent site and I am sure you will find it useful. I hope you soon get together with that group. You will find that there is safety in numbers, and that should help your anxiety.

Heather H.
  • March 25, 2003 11:12 AM GMT
    Hi Amy,

It's a lovely sunny day and as I sit here all dressed up typing this reply, I'm just thinking that if I were your height and weight, I 'd be out there in the sun.

Hope you have fun and manage to overcome the anxiety.

Lisa
    • 6 posts
    March 29, 2003 4:18 AM GMT
    Hi again girls,

Just wanted to say that your replies are wonderful, I really appreciate your responses. I'm truly happy that, after who knows how long of visiting this site, I finally joined.

The Anxiety disorder I've been diagnosed with is called Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD, (fitting)), very basically meaning that I just can't handle being with other people. Just thinking of situations that I will have to be in a social setting causes anxiety attacks ranging from uneasiness to panic attacks.

I guess I'll leave it at that, perhaps I'll find another forum that might be better to talk to you all more about this kind of stuff.

Thanks again ladies,
    Amy
    • 16 posts
    July 2, 2003 11:04 PM BST
    Hey Amy...

I also have Social Anxiety Disoder so I can relatate to what you are experiencing, it is a difficult disorder for one to have. I will at times be nervous around friends who I have known for years now.
    I'll meditate, write and I am also in therapy which has helped me a great deal with it. I wish you the best of luck and if you want to e-mail me I would love to hear from you. My e-mail is in my bio.

Hugs and Kisses...Jessica
  • March 25, 2003 7:49 AM GMT
    Hi Amy

Welcome.

5'7"!, lucky girl, I'm jealous already.

I recognise your trepidation about going out for the first time. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (a nice little, rose coloured, silk number)

Take your time, but when you do get out you will want more. Perhaps Amy will relieve you, a little, of your anxiety disorder?

Hugs

Sarah