Mirror mirror on the wall . . . .

• March 2, 2004 3:18 PM GMT
    Two responses to my "ALL dressed up and no place to go"?

Come on, nobody has a comment on that one? You've never been all dolled up and thought about how exciting it would be to just step outside the front door or into your backyard? Frightened that the neighbors might see or the old lady that lives across the street? I know for me that it was a thrill just to have the curtains open with the mirror propped up so I could see how great I looked in the daylight. From there I got further and further from the house until I was actually going for rides in the car, at first only on rainy days when no-one could really see me, but WOW what a thrill.

So give it up girls. When was the first time you peeked out the front door or left it open a little bit and walked by or stepped outside? And how about mirrors? Anyone but me love mirrors?

ginger
    • 124 posts
    March 3, 2004 1:47 AM GMT
    Hi Ginger,

Well, I started out going to Transpitt's Monday night meetings. There would be about 5 to 10 girls there, I would get dressed/undressed in one of the bathrooms but it was a good first step out of the house. About a year ago Transpitt was holding a an anniverery event at the Andy Warhall museum. Well, I told them I was going, but didn't realize until the day of the event that it started when it was daylight. Ok, I think I can handle that so I got dressed up at the Motel. Then I drove down to the North side of Pittsburgh and wondered why is there so much traffic down here. Here, the Baseball stadium is 2 blocks down the road and the game is going to start about an hour. Ok, its daylight, there is a whole bunch of people strolling and driving around, wow - baptism by fire. This was my first time out in daylight. So I parked in the Warhal parking lot after paying the attendant. Walked up to the light and crossed the road that the light was green on. Then I had to wait for the next light to turn green while all these cars were going by and a whole bunch of people walking by. The light finally turned green and I strolled into the Warhal. I made it and either I didn't notice or no one really cared. Like I said, baptism by fire.

So the whole night I was in seventh heaven. I strolled around the Warhal, all 7 floors. Watched Tracy and the Plastics do their show and another band which I couldn't remember. It was a really great night and my very first time out in daylight .

Huggs and try it, you will love it.

Casandra
    • 1195 posts
    March 7, 2004 2:37 AM GMT
    Ginger - Last Christmas week was my first time to venture outside. Some drunk had sheared a power pole and the whole neighborhood was in the dark. It just happened that I was dressed that whole day - demurely dressed naturally - so in order to keep the house warm, my wife and I had a nice fire going in the fireplace. We decided to go outside to see how the power company crew was doing with restoring the power. I thought no one can see my anyway; it's a dark night- huh! While we were out we decided to bring in some more fire wood. On our way back into the house my SO was behind me. She laughed and remarked that I was swishing too much and asked if I were doing it for the power crew. Don't know about that but it was great fun. Got to do it again sometime.
  • March 8, 2004 3:36 PM GMT
    There has got to be about a million more stories about making that first step outside. I can not imagine that there are only a handfull of us in the whole world (literally) that have experianced the thrill. Or possibly there are a lot of closets hiding things no one will ever know about.

So here's a new twist and I'll post it by itself to see how many can relate to it "Where's your hiding place?" a little box in the attic, closet, garage . . . . .
    • 1195 posts
    March 9, 2004 6:19 PM GMT
    Happily it's in the same closet as my other clothing, shoes, etc.
    Naturally, my "unmentionalbles" are seperate from my SO's. "Unmentionalbles" golly I'm dating myself.Guess I'm one step out - what?
    love you all