Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » I Wish I Could Share Tips, But I Need Them!

I Wish I Could Share Tips, But I Need Them!

Tags : None
  • Help!  I want to look lovely like those of you I see from these pages.  I haven't mastered makeup -- I need tips!  There have been a few times when I have accidentally stunned myself (usually when I went very light with the makeup)!  

I would love to hear how to hide dark circles under the eyes, how to make eyebrows less pronounced without shaving them and how to make thin lips sexy!  Help me!!

Hugs and kisses,

Cathy
      September 5, 2001 7:47 AM BST
  • hello cathy i to need makeup tips so ive booker a dermablend specualist.to get the right shade of beard cover and foundation.a a lesson in how to apply makeup.hope everything works out for you ...susan
      September 27, 2001 9:18 PM BST
  • Rachel, I have a book similar called Color Right -Dress Right by Liz E. London and Anne H. Adams..a complete personal Guide to clothes,Cosmetics and accessories...They toute the total look :) It's a wonderful book that give you your own color charts, face shapes ect..I also have a few Stage make-up books that are grand for period make-up tips...I love the old English trollop look ;)...I can't wait to get together with other girls and share tips . I'm hoping to go for my first pro make over soon....I'm sure I'll learn a lot from them....Connie :-*
      December 10, 2001 3:40 AM GMT
  • This is a T-girl site that explains some basics, but of course practise is everything!
    Although she is a bit older than me, the basics of makeup stays the same!

http://www.idis.com/mpj/Attributes/Makeup.html

Hugz,

Jo

February 22, 2002 8:51 PM GMT
  • i dont know what to tell you beard cover but for eyebrows
    if you dont want to pluck orshave you can use eyebrow wax it works well but be careful its very sticky
    this is how it works  you take a little and smear a little onto your eyebrow this will hold it down flat and smoothe and then apply your make as you would do normally and then you can draw on your eyebrows any way you like
    good luck
      October 10, 2002 4:03 PM BST
  • Cathy,
    I've recently bough Kevin Aucoin's Making faces, which expalins basically everything you need to know. It's not cd specific so he doesn't go into beard cover but he does 2 looks on a guy & goes into taping a bit. there's lots of good tips & step by step instructions with life size photos (I was surprised by the size of the book when I got it). There's a 2 page section on using eyebrow wax and sealer as Irene suggests & drawing on the brows.
    Jen
      October 28, 2002 5:44 PM GMT
  • foundation is the key honey. it is the first and most important thing to consider in my opinion. you have to find a shade that very closly matches your own unless you want to walk around miss alabaster. this will most likely be the single hardest thing you will have to do for your face. (aside from the hair issue) and you did say is right when you went light. light is right. dont be a giveaway with a flowerbed on your face. as for dark circles you need a consealer. it has to be the same shade as the foundation or else youll have racoon syndrom. i use sacha cosmetics. its yellow based instead on pink based and works really well for me. mascara is next, a must and no problem. you can use eye liner but for me its not always nessecary unless i wanna deck out. then lips honey need a little consideration. if your light skined you can go with reds and pinks. if your dark you can go with reds and burgandies. you have to experiment but that is all the fun, right? you can get crazy with eye shadow but i would only do that if i was clubing or something. well thats what i do.
    hope that helped honey.
      August 19, 2003 4:15 AM BST
  • one more thing honey,
    if you got thin lips you need to try lip liner and very slightly exaggerate your natural lip line by just skating out side the border and then fill it in with color. but be careful, you dont want to look like you just had a drink straight from the punch bowl.
      August 19, 2003 4:25 AM BST