Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » General Forum » The Tranny Tribune

The Tranny Tribune

Tags : None
    Hi,

Well, I was thinking of mailing Katie to ask for a new forum to chat about the Tranny Tribune. You know, have a natter about the stories, make suggestions, just generally have somewhere as a public collective melting pot of thoughts.

But the main problem is that I’ve just read the May edition.

And it was so absorbing I wanted to ensure everyone who is anyone gets to take a look – go! Read it now!

I know this thread is a big risk. I still have it in the back of my mind that I am Rae, Thread Killer II. And if this thread sinks into the mire, I hope someone with far better karma than I will clone it….

Anyway, first off I have to mention Katie’s interview with Lucy Parker. I have never read such an intriguing and informative interview with someone so young. Lucy, your maturity, understanding and determination just left me breathless. God bless you girl!

Meredith Newton placed an article well worth the read. I thoroughly enjoyed the tongue in cheek humour and – being a little on the dense side – was surprised at the science. [I thought the effect of pressure would have been the reverse…]

Katie added a very poignant article about suicide and the TG/TS community. Well worth reading and well worth publicising. And well worth offering your help...

It was nice to see the TT a little longer – hey, size does matter! I’d like to see the Tribune become the standard Ezine for our community, not just for TW but for everyone.

That’s my tuppeneth worth – over to you…

Much love

Rae xx
    www.raekelcou.com
      May 5, 2008 2:36 AM BST
    5 2127 2‚ 0
    Thanks for your kind words Rae. We are always trying to make things better.

Anne Selene's offer to find out if TG suicide is a problem in Thailand is most welcome. I would guess that it is not nearly as bad there, because TG people are accepted much more readily than they are in the US or the UK. Still, it will be interesting to see some official statistics.

As for pruning the database, we already did exactly that a few months back. We did have a membership of nearly 32,000 until we removed those who have not logged in for more than six months and whose email addresses were no longer working, slashing our member count by a third.

Hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      May 5, 2008 11:34 AM BST
  • I loved Merdiths short story, and not just because i was one of the characters, hee. It made me laugh. Maybe I will write a short story.
      May 5, 2008 3:16 PM BST