Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Welcome new members » A picture paints a thousand words

A picture paints a thousand words

Tags : None
  • Tranny pix are a great feature of the site and it's a shame that more us haven't provided them. I'll get my own up there soon as, but in the meantime here's a description in words.

I'm 5'9", 160lbs, short dark brown hair and blue eyes. Nice legs (well I think so anyway). When I get the opportunity to dress, I like to wear black. My ideal outfit would be an LBD with stockings and (probably) 5-inch heels - anything higher would be impractical for going out.

I prefer my hair long, but there are limits to what I can get away with in the male state. I agonised for some time over developing an androgynous hairstyle that I could use as both male and female, but decided the time wasn't right - though I see Katie has resolved to grow her hair long this year.

Missed opportunity of my life: as a teenager when a (real) girl I knew quite well told me unexpectedly that I'd look good dressed as a woman. I stalled and the moment was gone. If only...

Hugs
    Catherine xxx
      January 1, 2004 11:32 PM GMT
  • I understand. Having long hair and working as a guy does limit my options. I have a good, steady job, but I don't make as much money as I could. It might even be easier to get a new job as a woman than a new job as a 37 year-old guy with long hair.

Too bad about that missed opportunity. I took advantage of similar opportunities, but nothing ever came of them, so maybe you didn't miss anything.
      January 3, 2004 8:25 PM GMT
  • The picture galleries are a great feature.

Before we had them, I had dozens of requests to provide an area where the girls could put their pics. However, now that we have them, very little use is being made of them. Where are all the people who were asking for galleries? Come on girls, let's get our photos up there!

As for hair - well my SO is already moaning about mine being too long. It's really not that long at all. Not even down to my chin yet.

I need to keep growing it for just a short while now because Katie is going out on the town in a couple of weeks time and she does not want to wear a wig.

I spent the whole day dressed and in full make-up yesterday and when I saw myself in the mirror, the hair really made a difference. Can't wait for Katie's night out.

Hugs,

Katie
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      January 3, 2004 8:47 PM GMT
  • Does your SO know you're a tranny? Sounds not if he/she doesn't like your hair long. How did you manage to spend a whole day dressed and made up? I'm intrigued. And wistful. Enjoy your night out!

Hugs
    Catherine xxx
      January 3, 2004 9:46 PM GMT
    As someone who has posted pictures since the feature first started I agree it is nice to see how we look. I have just passed 5000 views of my pictures and am working on changing some and adding more. Just keep clicking
    Hugs & Kisses, Tina Meet me at http://www.tinas-place.co.uk
      January 4, 2004 12:17 AM GMT
  • Catherine - Katie's S.O. knows.

However, I'm also interested in knowing what she has against Katie's long hair.
      January 8, 2004 2:00 AM GMT
  • Hi girls,

Yes, my SO has known about my pink side right from the start. She does like my hair longer than most but now it's starting to get very long for a man.

She just thinks it looks untidy but I dare not visit a barber because I really need every millimetre and simply can't afford to have an inch off all round to tidy it up this week.

When I visit a ladies hairdresser next week, they can do all that and if society wants me to cut it all off the day after my big night out, well so be it.

I did think about having my hair colored too and then dyed back to my original color the next day. Perhaps that's going too far though and it may all fall out!

Hugs,

Katie {
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      January 8, 2004 11:03 AM GMT
  • So Katie, to bring both topics together, how about a couple of new pics of yourself with your hair long?
      January 8, 2004 9:50 PM GMT
  • Katie, based on the pictures of you that I've seen, I'm surprised that you can even pass as a man. You seem to have a naturally feminine look.

Oh... I hope that's taken as a compliment, because that's what I intended. LOL
      January 9, 2004 1:49 AM GMT
  • Thank you for your kind words girls. Unfortuanately, those pictures were taken many years ago, when I had a more youthful look. The light and a skillful make-up artist helped too.

These days, I may look a bit "long in the tooth". Although I've always listed my age as 28, I am actually (believe it or not), a bit older. A lady never tells her real age!

I'll see how my girls night out goes this week and if I get away with it, perhaps I'll think about doing a new photo shoot.

Hugs,

Katie
      January 12, 2004 7:48 PM GMT
  • Hmm... maybe I should stop telling everyone I'm 37. From now on, I'm 14.
      January 12, 2004 8:33 PM GMT
  • Stevie, if you're only 14, some of the things you might want to do are probably illegal!

I don't think I've declared my age so far. And why should anyone believe me anyway...however I am old enough to have got married so there's a start.

January 12, 2004 10:59 PM GMT
  • Gloria, your pix are just great. You make an interesting point - if they're the real pix of you, what would unreal (or artificial or pretend) pix look like? And how would anyone know these pix were the real you? (unless you told them of course).

I still haven't got any pix to post on the site, but when I do, they will be pix of Catherine rather than my (nameless) male alter ego. And quite right too because it's Catherine you want to see, not Mr X as we shall coyly refer to him. Which pix are the real me? If being transformed outwardly expresses what I really feel (and each time I imagine this, it makes me shiver with excitement), then even though I'm biologically male, isn't Catherine who I really am?

yours thoughtfully
    catherinex

January 12, 2004 11:10 PM GMT
  • Catherine, I'm sure there are things that I want to do that are illegal, even at 37.
      January 14, 2004 8:30 PM GMT
    Looking forward to it Leanne
      January 14, 2004 11:34 PM GMT
    Emma hon I was always worried about the same thing. However I have had a Website since 1999 and have had no adverse effects since then. In fact I have been flattered by the nunber of sisters who have sent favourable and one or two critical comments. I have even had a few male admireres who wanted to get to know me better -making me fee quite flattered at first but afterwrds I was not too sure of their intentions.

Be true to yourself hon and go for it.
      February 24, 2004 5:29 PM GMT
  • Talking about hair, I think my parents thought I was kind of weird when I was 24, and I got a perm . Anyways, I liked it but was talked out of keeping it up. Last month, I was agonizing that my wife ( which knows ) kept bothering me about my hair. Well, I went to my stylist ( unfortunately she knows my wife ), and she did my hair in. But in the plus side, my wigs fit much better and I can change my hair color any time I like .

Huggz to all.......

Casandra
      February 25, 2004 12:49 AM GMT