Hi New Girl Here

Tags : None
    Hi-

I just joined this list a couple of days ago and have been browsing thru the various fora and threads. This is such a nice place, I'm so glad I found you all. If it's okay, I'd like to tell you a little about myself, about Joni that is, who is really me or I'm really her or something. It's so confusing to be a sometimes girl and have a femme name and talk about that other persona as if they were someone else.

Anyway, before I start rambling too much, my drab name is John and I live in a very small town in Central Oregon. The town I put in my profile is the nearest town of any real size that someone in the US or at least from Orygun might recognize. I've been crossdressing since I was in my very early teens and have come out to a couple of former girlfriends and my wife. I've never come out to any male friends and only ventured out en femme a couple of times when I lived in a much larger town (Sacramento, CA many years ago). Right now I'm cough-mumble years old, I mean I'm cough-cough, oh hell, I'm fifty-six, there I said it!

As a guy, I'm tolerable, but as a girl I'm down right frightening (at least I think so), I don't think I'll ever pass, but I do love dressing and being Joni even if it's only around the old homestead. I'm six feet tall (make a real tall girl in heels) and try hard to keep the pounds off. From the neck, down I don't look to bad when dressed, or at least so I flatter myself. As I mentioned, my wife knows and tolerates it and even sometimes joins in a bit, helping with makeup and wigs and trying not to giggle too much. She's known about Joni or me and Joni or whatever for several years, sometimes she has her misgivings, but we love each other and she accepts it as part of who I am. So, I guess in some ways I'm kind of lucky in that I don't have to try to keep my girl side hidden from my SO.

Well, given half a chance, I'd just ramble on and on, so I would just like to say again that I'm so glad I found this site and hope to be a participating member of this group. From your posts, you all seem so understanding and helpful, I hope to get to know you better in the future and vice-versa.

Cheers,

-Joni

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      January 26, 2004 4:04 AM GMT
    G'mornin Rachel-

Thanks so much for taking time to say hi. I just read your profile, it seems we have a lot in common, guess we would or we wouldn't be on this list, huh? <lol>. I still have a 16 year old son at home and I most definitely do not want him knowing about my femme side. The teenage years are confusing enough as it is, so I only dress when I know it's a 100% safe and only for a few hours here and there.

I've often wondered what it would be like to come out and be able to be Joni full time or at least when I want for as long as I want. I don't want necessarily want to be a fulltime girl, well maybe sometimes, but I often wish I could be Joni for more than a few hours at a time. What would it be like to be a girl/woman all day long for a week or a month or six months or longer? Don't know, but I'd like the freedom to find out. Oh well, maybe someday before I'm tottering along in 4" heels and a walker. <g>

The town I live in is very small so I would never, ever, ever chance going out en femme around here or anywhere in about a 100 mile radius. Being outed wouldn't be the literal end of the world, I wouldn't get ridden out of town on a rail covered in tar and feathers (tastefully, I would hope), it would still make things prettty uncomfortable. Like you I hope to make it down to SF sometime, maybe this spring, for a makeover and full overhaul, just for the fun of it and just to see what I would look like when worked over by a pro. I'm a fairly new member of the I Love It Girl list and am going to try to make one of their Wednesday nite socials soon.

Rachel, I take your point about the "neck up" thing. I'm pretty sure other x-dressers and trannies must do this, too, but when I'm out and about I study women, how they dress, how they walk and stand and talk and gesture, how they do their makeup and on and on. Some of it, of course, is the male side of me enjoying looking at girls, but a lot of it is me as Joni wondering, "how does she do that?" I've seen lots of g-girls that would make a dog bark (that sounds mean doesn't it?) but they get to walk around in skirts and panties and cute shoes, makes me so darn jealous I could spit!

Well, here I am rattling on. If I were a g-girl I'd be such a motormouth. Thanks for your note, it's so nice to be in touch with other girls of our persuasion. Take care, have a great day, talk to you again soon.

-Joni
      January 26, 2004 2:34 PM GMT
    Welcome to the community Joni - as you have alreay realised there are a lot of us about and the more we chat and swap stories the better we begin to feel about ourselves. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this site and i hope you find, as I have that the people here are, in the main, supportive and welcoming.
    Hugs & Kisses, Tina Meet me at http://www.tinas-place.co.uk
      January 26, 2004 4:13 PM GMT
  • Hi Joni,
    Glad you found us.
    I hope you stick around, the girls on this site are great.
    I wouldn't worry about being too gabby, there's no such thing and everyone here likes to see the forums busy.
      January 26, 2004 8:56 PM GMT
  • Welcome.
      January 27, 2004 6:02 AM GMT
    Hi, Tina, Jenny and Stevie, it's so nice to meet you. Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure we'll be talking to each other again very soon. Hope you're having a great day.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
      January 27, 2004 3:23 PM GMT
  • nice to meet u joni and welcome to trannyweb , hope your getting to no plenty of us girls , feel free to pm me if ever you want to chat
      February 2, 2004 7:54 AM GMT