Are horomones for me?

• March 24, 2004 2:13 AM GMT
    I really want to make my body more girly esp. in the butt and waist area. I want soft skin less body hair and more curves but not so much large breast. I want to look more girly but i still want to be able to pass for a boy. Should a take horomone and which ones? How do u tell a doctor that? any advice?

Daniella
  • March 24, 2004 2:52 AM GMT
    Good question I would like to know the same thing
  • March 25, 2004 10:17 AM GMT
    I agree with Sandra. If you take hormones, they will do what they want...and that is to kill your male sex drive, not to mentioned least.
    I guess you can pass quite long time as a man under female hormones, but after one year of HRT it will get very difficult.

Laura
    • 539 posts
    March 27, 2004 3:29 PM GMT
    After only five months on hormones, it was getting hard to hide my breasts. In male mode, I had to wear very loose shirts. But in my case, I wanted to go all the way, so it was appropriate. After six months on hormones, I transitioned at work and I no longer appear as a male. I probably couldn't pass as a male now.

I do not recommend using hormones unless you want to go all the way. Especially in your case, what you want out of them is not likely to happen. Hormones seem to affect the breasts before they affect anything else.

Heather H.
    • 1083 posts
    March 30, 2004 6:16 PM BST
    Daniella:

There's been some great advice in this thread. I wouldn't recommend hormones for you; I'd say invest in some good breastforms and some hip pads, and a good moisturizer for the skin. Hormones really are forever, and you need to decide if that's a route you really want to go. It isn't for everyone.
    There's no such thing as a targeted hormone in the sense of one area of your body rather than another.

Trust me on this one, 'kay?

Luv 'n hugs,
    Dr. Minako Sakura

PS--Cindy, you're cute!