Nails

• 1980 posts
    March 30, 2004 6:50 PM BST
    Morning All-

Somewhere, I think it may have been here on TW, but I can't seem to find it now, someone mentioned nails (glue on ones) that are a little broader and flatter than the ones you usually find. Most g-girls nails are more curved or arched and usually narrower, too. These are made a bit wider and somewhat flatter and so would fit our hands better. Does anyone know of nails like this or if the thread was on TW can you point me to it? Thanks.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
    • 1980 posts
    March 30, 2004 9:26 PM BST
    Hey Cin-

Thanks. BTW, didja get my email? Actually, what I'm thinking of doing with my nails is letting my real ones grow out just a bit and shaping them nicely but not letting them get too long. Just would like a set of somewhat longer nails already nicely painted that I can put on for that "special" occasion. Can't let my real ones grow too long though, one of my other hobbies is guitar, if the nails on my left hand get too long, it's hard to play. After all, I want to be a well rounded girl with other interests besides clothes, makeup and nails.<g>
  • April 4, 2004 8:51 AM BST
    Joni,

Can't really help with were to get false nails from being on the other side of "the pond" but like you are thinking I have decided to grow my own nails out. Kind of funny really as i used to chew thm to death until a few months ago. I'm only going to grow them out to th end of my fingers (well pinkie and ring fingers might get a wee bit longer) as I know what you mean about not being able to do anything with longer nails.

Anyway, if you are thinking of growing your nails, get some good hand and nail cream and use it religiously. This will help soften your hands and strengthen your nails. I use mine after every time my hands get really wet; the bath, washing the pots. Since using it my nails are so much stronger is unbelievable, even my manicurist has noticed.

That's another thing, go get yourself a manicure. Don't be afraid as quite a few guys get them done (including the Governor of California). Don't be afraid to try several manicurists until you find one you feel happy and relaxed with, them stick with them. Trust me on this one there is nothing like having someone else doing your nails and the final result looks great. You wouldn't believe I ever chewed my nails now.

Best of luck with the nails, it will be worth it I promise.

Alex
    xxx
    • 1980 posts
    April 8, 2004 6:17 PM BST
    Hi Cindy-

I'll look around next time I'm in Wally World. Pink is nice and I like the sequins, too. I did mine a couple of days ago and put few sequins just on one nail. What I really want is to grow mine out to a modest length but have some pressons or something I can put on just once in awhile that would be longer and already polished etc.

I'm thnking of getting a manicure, never had a professional one done, but lots of salons also do guys. I'll just tell them not to trim too much off, just to shape them and do the cuticles, etc.
    • 1083 posts
    April 8, 2004 7:12 PM BST
    Hi all!

Here's a post on nails:
    http://gendersociety.com/[...]4245322

Hope this is what you were looking for--

Mina Sakura