Confidence

• April 1, 2004 9:09 AM BST
    I guess I´m much more confident as a woman than I ever was when trying to play the man´s role...
    Must check out about your cats .

Laura
  • April 1, 2004 7:37 AM BST
    I guess at least half of the passing is confidence. I was never afraid of situations, but instead, had some kind of a crazy confidence in me. Yesterday I sat in an overfilled train with people. I can imagine that could have caused claustrophobic reactions in some people. I just cannot be afraid of possibly being read. Maybe because I so strongly feel now just being myself.

Laura
    • 539 posts
    April 2, 2004 1:27 AM BST
    I agree - confidence is most of the battle. I was nervous at first but quickly gained confidence. The role of a woman is so natural to me that it was easy to become confident. Also, I don't care a great deal what others think of me, so if I am read, it doesn't bother me; that also helps.

Heather H.
  • April 6, 2004 12:19 PM BST
    Laura,

I like to apply the 3 C's to passing.

Confidence, Comfort and Clothes.

If you are confident then you don't stand out so much in a crowd as you do if you are constantly looking around and have your head down.
    If you are comfotable in yourself and in your clothes you feel good about yourself and project a good aura which people can pick up on.
    Finally clothes, if you wear the right clothes you can blend in. Wear the wrong or inapropriate clothes and you stick out like a sore thumb.

Well that's my three pence worth and I decided that after going to the supermarket this morning and passing with a ease that suprised me.

Alex
    xxx
  • April 6, 2004 9:11 PM BST
    how about Camouflage
    • 1083 posts
    April 6, 2004 9:33 PM BST
    better yet...coverage.

Mina
    • 9 posts
    April 22, 2004 2:39 AM BST
    Gee, I thought there might be something original I could add to this particular topic, but I think that it's all been said for me. The only other thing that gives me confidence besides the "3 C's", is the fact that if someone reads me and decides to get nasty about it, I have 23 years of martial arts to suprise them with. Most assholes look really shocked with a 4in. heel sticking in their ear!
  • April 6, 2004 11:04 PM BST
    Confidence is internal. Though I'm sure these externals help. I feel much more confident about going out dressed than I have a right to be.