Home electrolysis recommendations?

• April 10, 2004 7:37 PM BST
    I'd like to purchase a permanant hair removal electrolysis system for myself.

Has anyone had success with one of these? How about the One-Touch?

Thanks!

-Ava
    • 1083 posts
    April 12, 2004 4:16 PM BST
    Ava--

One recommendation.

DON'T! Been there, tried that, have the stupid thing gatering dust somewhere, unless I unloaded the useless piece of cr@p.

They are pretty worthless, and painful to boot. Don't go there.

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 539 posts
    April 13, 2004 12:55 AM BST
    When it comes to hair removal, anything that seems too good to be true probably is. To properly perform electrolysis requires proper training. If done wrong, it can cause permanent damage. I wouldn't try it if I were you; the only good way to remove hair is to cough up the money and go for professional laser and/or electrolysis treatment.

Heather H.
  • April 13, 2004 1:08 AM BST
    Thanks for the info!

Actually, I took a thin needle and a 9v battery, some salt water and successfully removed about 5 of the 6 hairs. It did burn a little, and with alcohol got no infection, and they haven't grown back yet... The hairs pulled out very easily...

Given that experience, I think I should be able to handle self-electrolysis. And I'm willing to put in the time.

I use an emjoi now, and am very happy with it. I do take it apart occaisionally to give it a good cleaning. Hair ends up almost back to the motor.

For $40 or so, I'm going to try the One-Touch. If I can simply reduce the density of my leg hair, I'll be happy.

I tried the RF Tweazers a few years ago. No luck.

Tried Kalo, and that had some permanant effect. But I can't afford to bathe in it right now.

I'll let you know what happens...

-Ava
  • April 14, 2004 1:13 AM BST
    So, about how much would it cost to laser my legs & lil' rear end?