Good Morning Thursday 24 December 2004

• 2463 posts
    December 24, 2004 5:11 AM GMT
    Well, good morning to all! This is Christmas Eve!!! If only Santa were a T-Girl we would all get what we really want for Christmas! An unlimited gift card to the store of our choice! Ah, to get a new dress!

My Christmas Eve day will start with a trip to my shrink. Then a quick gift to get, then home to start preparing for another marathon day of cooking. Come on over! I'm making my famous turkey with oyster dressing (and you should taste how I season the turkey), greens, sweet AND mashed potatoes, rolls, and a doubly delicious and sinful chocolate cake. Okay,okay, I'm not making the cake this year because of time, but, still, it's here! Oh, and don't forget the homemade gravy, too! All that starts early on Christmas morning, when my daughter will probably be up 20 minutes after she goes to sleep. I guess I can't fault her. I was quite hyper at that age, too (WAS? I still am!).

It's colder than hell around here but it beats the heavy snowfall in other parts of the country. I don't mind the below zero temps if I have someone with whom to cuddle (any takers? My legs are quite warm under the sheets!). Oh my. Be good now, Mere, Santa hasn't arrived yet.
    • 614 posts
    December 24, 2004 2:25 PM GMT
    hi ya meredith and happy xmas eve to you darlin , i hope you have a lovely christmas and as to that turkey and sauce send some over sounds nice
    • 2573 posts
    December 24, 2004 5:39 PM GMT
    Oh, dear, Merry, I was not in time. Now you will go tell your therapist it is Thursday and he will decide you are disoriented to time and give you bad marks for today's visit. Well, have a Merry, Mere Xmas anyway.

One more day to Xmas. Gonna decorate my tree in a bit, first one in years....a tiny one on my desk....and string some long strings of red fairy lights around the room. No presents under it this year, but I can look out the window at my "new" car.

Merry Xmas to all my sisters, girlfriends, and sweet admirers and our friends everywhere. With luck I will be working Xmas Day and unable to wish it tommorow. The next day I will be shopping. :-D