Katie needs your help

• 2127 posts
    February 27, 2005 2:21 PM GMT
    Hello girls,

I need a little favour. This will only take a moment of your time but as you may know, we have had a series of serious blows which have reduced our income from subscriptions very, very, very substantially.

In order to keep Trannyweb alive we need to take action quickly as the wolf is already knocking at the door.

To this end I propose a HUGE Full Member recruitment drive.

I'm going to send out a mailshot to all of our Basic members (that's nearly everybody) asking them to upgrade to Full Membership.

I'd like to include some testimonials from our Full Members which may help to persuade the recipients to upgrade.

Therefore, if you are a Full Member and have enjoyed Trannyweb I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to reply to this thread with a one or two sentence testimonial and we'll put them on a testimonial page and include the best ones in the mailshot.

Thanks girls.

Love you all.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 1652 posts
    February 27, 2005 2:38 PM GMT
    I have met dozens of lovely people from Trannyweb, and with their help and support finally plucked up the courage to go out dressed in public, which has led to greater changes in my life and my personality. Nowhere have I found such a great community, and without it I would still be lonely and miserable and locked away in my house. I owe my life to Trannyweb and the people on it, and a few pounds a year is a small price to pay to be able to give something back, so that people like me can continue to benefit.
    Lucy
    xx
  • February 27, 2005 3:28 PM GMT
    As a full member, the opporunity to post in a forum where I can be assured that my family and aquaintances can't see what I've written is invaluable, while having the added bonus of knowing that the riff-raff and general undesireables that are out there on the internet are not able to see it either.

Trannyweb is an important resource for us girls, and more than that. It's a freindly community. I would beg anybody who is able to become a full member and help Trannyweb survive.
    • 1980 posts
    February 27, 2005 3:57 PM GMT
    Hi Katie-

Just so you know I re-enlisted today buy paying for an annual membership.

My own personal feeling is that Tranny Web is the finest special interest site on the web for girls like us. I have made so many friends here and have learned so much about who I am. Not only that but TW has given me the courage to act on my feelings and to be proud of who I am as well as a greater understanding of others who are in the same situation.

Keep up the good work, Katie.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon

• 2573 posts
    February 27, 2005 4:46 PM GMT
    Trannyweb changed my life. All the changes have been good for me.
    • 456 posts
    February 27, 2005 4:54 PM GMT
    Trannyweb was a revelation to me. The people I have met, both on the site and in real life, have been both helpful and supportive. I expected criticism and at times outrage but have found the opposite. If you are wanting help, advice, support, a shoulder to cry on or just someone to chat to who is going through, or has gone through the same as you then this is the place to find it. Heck they even managed to get an old fogie like me to go out on the town!
    • 2627 posts
    February 27, 2005 5:22 PM GMT
    When I first came here I was scared. I thought these people are the real thing. Not like me someone that is in the closet. Has no real experience. But everyone was so nice. I found others just like me. I never belonged anywhere before this. You get so much for your money. Thanks Katie.
    Karen

Shoot, I'm crying again.
  • February 27, 2005 6:36 PM GMT
    Did you ever have that sense that there was a party going on somewhere that you couldn't get into, just over that high wall, so close you could hear the laughter. Well that's how I felt; then I joined Trannyweb and suddenly I'm on the inside - I found the party and everybody here is so welcoming, so friendly, so supportive.

Sure it sounds glib to say Trannyweb changed my life, but it's true. Two years ago I was too scared to step outside the door but now, thanks to the wonderful friends I made here and the confidence they gave me I'm fast becoming a regular on the social scene.
    • 2463 posts
    February 27, 2005 6:54 PM GMT
    I have no idea where my live would be if it wasn't for Trannyweb. This place has literally saved my life. I have made so many good friends here, and you have all helped me in so many ways. It's so nice to know that there is so much good in the world when such wonderful people can come together at a place like Trannyweb. God/Buddha/Krishna bless Katie!

Okay, that's it. Meredith the Psycho Ninja is reporting for duty to protect Trannyweb. Now, where's my sword?
    • 2068 posts
    February 28, 2005 9:32 AM GMT
    i'll do my bit katie...cos the benefits that i have found from being a full member far outweigh what i can't get! so come on ladies....your trannyweb needs every one of you!! love anna-marie xxxxxx
    • 374 posts
    February 28, 2005 10:06 AM GMT
    Girls, Katie has really done a lot for us with Trannyweb. I have met many nice people here and also made a few friends since becoming a member. Now I can't imagine not having a place like this to come to and be accepted for who I really am. I've learned a lot about myself and about people in general by visiting here. I know that not everyone is in a position to become a full member here, but I urge those that can spare the extra cash to please think about becoming full members. Kaite has done so much for us and now really needs our help. Let's keep this wonderful site going for a long, long time! Come on girls, you'll be glad you did

Hugs,

Monika
  • February 28, 2005 3:53 PM GMT
    Nothing more to add just bumping it back to the top of the pile. 'cos it's important xx

Cerys xx
  • March 1, 2005 8:23 PM GMT
    After chatting to katie via email, I've posted a simple way those of us with websites can help her and trannyweb out here
  • March 2, 2005 10:05 PM GMT
    Hi Katie
    Girls I am going to put it a different way. I come onto the site at least once a week if not once a day.I always do a who's online.To see if any of my friends are on line. I read name after name, and they all have "BASIC" next to membership.This says to me I am just trying it out,but they are aways just trying it out.Well ladies the time has come to help our site. WE NEED YOU TO PAY a bit to keep the site alive.IF you have problems using a credit card then just drop Katie a email, I am sure she can work something out for you. You already know how at home the site makes you feel and we love you spending time with us. BUT WE NEED MONEY HELP !!!! Now is the time to act to keep Us alive.
    I hope that wasn't Forward Katie but you give so much to all of us it just makes me a bit mad that so many love and use your site and when asked to help they can't.
    Hugs
    Sharon:)
    P.S I just up my membership to full annual hope it helps
    • 1083 posts
    March 10, 2005 6:51 PM GMT
    Where to start?

When you finally realize that there is so much here--friends, good, solid information, and the chance to discover that you are NOT alone in this--it makes every penny worthwhile. When I need a laugh...a shoulder to cry on...a reminder that there are more of us than I ever knew there were...when I need to interact with others like me...this is the best, the safest place to come and let my hair down.

Luv 'n hugs,

Dr. Minako Sakura
    • 124 posts
    March 11, 2005 12:52 AM GMT
    Hi All,

What more can I say than all of our wonderful sisters here at trannyweb. I've made some really good friends here, and I hope helped some of the girls here in the forums. It is the best community website on the planet!!!!!! And girls, lets help Katie keep it that way .

Huggz...

Casandra
    • 124 posts
    March 16, 2005 12:53 AM GMT
    Hi Diana,

Congratulations on your first post, and I hope it is just of very many posts here on trannyweb. Yes, for the money, this is one of the best sites in the world for us on the internet! You will find, if you haven't been here long, that the girls here are really great and will stimulate your mind .

Huggz..

Casandra