Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Good Morning » Good Morning Monday 28th Feb

Good Morning Monday 28th Feb

Tags : None
  • Good Morning,

Something to make you go jump and aaargh at the same time ..

It's a jumping spider, now there's two words that should never go together .. "jumping" and "spider".

Shan will now tell us how far these little monsters can leap in one go, and I bet it's about 100 metres or something scarey!

Have a good week

Cerys xx
      February 28, 2005 10:07 AM GMT
  • Morning cerys,shan...and everyone else here on TW.Hope you all have a good day.I've lots on my mind..so no jumps for me today.Maybe i'll feel happier tomorrow.
    "When the world gets in my face i say HAVE A NICE DAY"
      February 28, 2005 11:42 AM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Good Morning everyone!
    Shan I read this about every morning. I gotta ask. How do you know all this. I'm not poking fun at you. I realy want to know. I watch AP & DIS I remember the names of most of them. But not so many facts.
    Karen
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 28, 2005 12:47 PM GMT
  • ...."they can normally move about ants unmolested"

In a gathering of Great Aunts I could probably move around unmolested as well but that's probably 'cos these days I bear more than a passing resemblance to Margaret Rutherford ...!

Bless her, once described as; "The Funniest Woman Alive"

Cerys x
      February 28, 2005 1:00 PM GMT
  • I just wanted to stop by and say good morning, and a good day, to all of you. I can never thank you all enough for being my friend. Thank you. God/Buddha/Krishna bless you all. Yeah, I know it's weird for an Anarchist to refer to spirituality, but that's the joy of it all - we're free.
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      February 28, 2005 1:43 PM GMT
  • Hello all, Samll jumps and maybe a little arrrgghhh...I am not having a good day....but hopefully it will get better, at least its going to be a pretty day out. Good to see everyone !!!
      February 28, 2005 1:59 PM GMT
  • On this day 1979 ...

Mr Ed the talking horse died!

I'm guessing he's the one on the left.

Cerys x
      February 28, 2005 4:07 PM GMT
  • Here's one that will have almost anyone, 'cept maybe Shan, jumping up and down and screaming.

http://www.guinnessworldr[...]d=51536

Bird spiders from the New World are called tarantulas, but they are not real tarantulas.
    The biggest bird spider and largest spider in the world (the Theraphosa blondi) with a SPAN!!! of 25-30 cm at the most (a legspan of 10 inches' weighing more than 6 ounces) Specimens that have 12 inch legspan have been recorded. This is most impressive if you hold out your hand and put a ruler across it! Then go change your panties. So the Aelurillus could not jump ACROSS this spider. Also feeds on frogs, small snakes, beetles, lizards, adult mice and young rats and even bats. The Goliath, as it is known, is a very aggressive spider. Now I had been told, a Brazilian who said he owned a bird spider, that they jump 20+ feet, but it's likely that it was the flying-glide that they do, not a true jump. So when you are in Brazil and a 10" wide spider lands on you, be reassured it did not jump. And this type of spider only socializes for sex, so I guess it needs "love". I think he was in chat the other night.

I used to be a real arachnophobe, but I got a book and learned about them and now I frequently pick them up and move them somewhere safe...outside if they are lost. HINT: Harvestman spiders (Daddy Long Legs) like corn fritter batter).
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      February 28, 2005 4:15 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Shan do you know what this was called?

Dinner
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 28, 2005 5:18 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    Shan do you know what this was called?

Dinner
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 28, 2005 5:18 PM GMT
  • 2 2627
    No I realy wasn't!
    Will someone please tell me how to post a pic?
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      February 28, 2005 5:33 PM GMT