Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Polly Ticks » A Bob Geldof political question

A Bob Geldof political question

Tags : None
  • Another maniacal question from Meredith the Verbose Psycho Ninja:

Some time back I mentioned how I loved the Boomtown Rats. Well, their last album wasn't exactly my favorite. Anyway, with Geldof now putting together another huge benefit concert event, I was wondering what he is really like these days in terms of his politics. I read that he was knighted (is that right?), and hangs out with Tony "George W.'s Butt Tastes Good" Blair.

What's up with him these days?
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      June 28, 2005 8:42 PM BST
  • Bob Geldofs political views appear to be very much those of the establishment. He went from faded bankrupt pop star to multi-millionaire businessman in a very quick space of time following the original live aid, something that has always been viewed suspiciously. The reason the last live 8 was not designed to raise money but simply raise awareness was because his stock has fallen to a level where he is viewed by many in the UK as as an emotional parasite, worse a wealthy one demanding money from those less well off than himself. Also, his close association with Blair and, therefore, Bush has greatly dented his credibility. As for his music, it is largely mocked now. But I have records by him including the first album which is good. I suggest anyone check out, ' I never loved Eva Braun', brilliant.
    Porscha
      September 24, 2006 12:11 AM BST
  • Well he certainly did make money from it, amazing in itself. Did he donate all the money from his best-selling biography to charity? I don't remember, though I doubt it. Maybe my cynicism is corroding my soul and I will soon cease to be sweet little Porscha. I always wanted to be a heartless bitch.
    Porscha
      September 24, 2006 4:33 PM BST