Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Polly Ticks » London Blasts - We understand

London Blasts - We understand

Tags : None
  • Those of us who live in the United States understand the horror and pain that our sisters in the UK are enduring right now. We had the same experience when we watched the Trade Towers topple on 9/11. When that happened, every UK resident that I encountered on the internet showed their sympathy and support for those of us in the U.S. I won't tell you that you will get over it...you never will. In the U.S. there are still people recovering from December 7th, 1941. It is one thing to experience a natural disaster. It is another when the pain and suffering is caused by the intentional act of others. I pray and hope that none of our friends and family are among the victims, but I know that, nevertheless, we will all feel the pain of this act for a long time to come. We will all grieve for it's victims. Those of us in the U.S. will be here for you in the UK as you were for us. In my case, I am half British and feel this personally.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      July 7, 2005 9:09 PM BST
  • Hi to all the UK Girls,

First of all, I hope that you and your families are safe. This mornings bombings brought back the feelings from our 9/11 disaster. It is truly sad when a group of THUGS attack innocent people AND JUSTIFY IT as a holy war. Please know that your US sisters are thinking about you in this sad time.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
      July 7, 2005 10:06 PM BST
  • To all of my UK sisters, please be well. I cry for those who suffered, are suffering, and are yet to suffer.

I'm sorry I can't say more now because I'm too upset. Please be well.

Meredith
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      July 7, 2005 10:38 PM BST
  • I must weigh in on this again....

The one thing that is so prevalent on all the US newscasts that I've seen today - and I've seen plenty - is the incredible resolve, courage, strength, and resiliency of the UK people. Yes, comparisons were made to WWII when the tubes were used as shelters against Hitler's bombs, yet today those very same systems were deadly. One newscast referred to London as "The Tale of Two Cities." As has been said, yesterday there was celebration, today outrage and sorrow.

Yes, the US grieves for you. But we also admire your ability to survive. Our hats are off to you. And your souls are in our prayers.
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      July 8, 2005 12:59 AM BST
  • 2 2627
    I agree with what was said here & could not say it better.
    Love you all!!
    <p>Karen Brad</p>
      July 8, 2005 1:22 AM BST
  • Just wanted to add my empathy and prayers for England.
      July 8, 2005 11:56 AM BST
  • Thank you all.
    Metempsychosis.
      July 8, 2005 1:43 PM BST
  • I've been too upset to say anything about the recent bombings in London. This was a barbaric act carried out by cowards. It brought back the painful memories of 911. I was relieved to find out that none of our UK sisters were hurt that day. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families in the UK that lost a loved one and to all those people who were injured.

Monika
      July 11, 2005 10:53 AM BST