Your Trannyweb Wishlist

• 127 posts
    January 12, 2006 2:40 AM GMT
    OK, OK, maybe I do not know how to use it. Like I said, I am an aircraft mechanic, not a computer wizzzz. I just thought it would work like the Word program, you know, right click and get sugestions.....It does not seem to work that way, what can I say? DUH????? OK, I guess I am stupid....Thanks for your help Katie......
    • 2127 posts
    October 26, 2005 2:06 PM BST
    Hi girls,

We are looking to the future again and need to know what you want from your Trannyweb in the coming weeks and months.

For example, what kind of chat rooms do you think we should have (Audio, Video or just text)? Maybe we should have a video option so that it is there for those who want it and those who don't won't have to use it.

What new features could we provide? What useful things have you seen on other sites that we could offer too?

Is there anything missing from Trannyweb now that we could provide in future?

What do you want out of Trannyweb?

Sorry for all the questions but we need to know these things to keep Trannyweb special.

Please answer as many as you can and post your wishlists below.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
  • November 21, 2005 8:54 PM GMT
    This is a hard one katie the vido would be nice for those who have the capability and who want to use it. A link to some therpists would be nice, as well as surgens so we can check them out and compare prices. a few shopping links in the links section of trannyweb. That's all I can think of right now if I think of any thing else I'll let you know
    • 1083 posts
    January 5, 2006 11:50 PM GMT
    Katie, hon--

I'd like the TW banners somewhat smaller--when I open up the site here it screams "TRANNYWEB!!!" Which is okay, but it does rather attract attention....

Outside of that, I'm liking what I see.

Keep up the good work, sugah--

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    • 2573 posts
    January 6, 2006 4:52 AM GMT
    As a chat moderator, I would like to spend more time in chat, while online, without needing to participate. Being invisible but able to be signaled by a "Moderator Emergency Call Box"-button in case there is a problem would enable me to vastly increase the time I spend available. YIM has a "buzz" button to get someone's attension. Could the invisible box on moderator's sign in be activated and a button for "calling 911 / 999" be implemented without a great deal of trouble?

Will have to think about wishlist more. I guess I missed this in October.
    • 338 posts
    January 9, 2006 6:06 PM GMT
    couple of things spring to mind, both depressingly technical. the ability to access ones trannysite via FTP would be a godsend, along with expandd hosting capcity (well a few more file types being 'legal' e.g. *.css, *.xml, *.png, *.xsl etc).
    the above would be worth the sub fee on its own frankly, hell i'd pay a higher sub for it... especiall if the page could be served up exactly as written, without *anything* being added before and after it that stops it validating and prevents DTDs being used correctly.

secondly it would be brill to have POP3 access to trannymail, i currently don't use it since i hate using email in a web browser.

i guess it depends on the direction t-web goes in, but depending on the bandwidth you have hosting memebers sites (maybe as now in the membership, with a few extras e.g. ftp, at a premimum may even pay for the sites hosting costs. a good few peeps may well be interested ina half decent web host that doesn't mind t/g content. i know i would be.

thinking of ways to boost membership there.

otherwise... well the sites actually pretty good as is, its a speed issue that drags it down, but if enough people sign up that can be handled, all money of course.

has the publshing thingy been fully set up yet for posting longer articles without clogging up the forums? i.e. post an article then you can link to it in a forum to "discuss" it, could be useful for longer rants etc.

i think chat is best left as text, audio & video is a nice toy but frankly could attract the wrong people as well as draggint he site to a crawl, if people really want that grabbing yahoo IM or MSN will be better than anything tweb could afford i'd guess.

finally, an RSS feed or two for the forums could be nice, making it very easy to see whats happening
    • 2127 posts
    January 10, 2006 10:49 PM GMT
    Thanks girls, those are very good suggestions and we will try to implement as many as we can afford over the coming months.

One or two will not be possible because we have no control over some of the software (like Digichat for example). However, we are already thinking about replacing the chat rooms at some stage in the fairly near future.

Let me ask you all for more ideas. I'm not really looking for little things like a new control that does this or that.

What I'm looking for here is direction. Do you want us to have a dating site? Would you like to see monthly meets in various cities? Maybe we should run courses in changing your sex or being feminine or applying make-up?

Perhaps we should try running some tranny vacations - should we?

You tell us. What would you like Trannyweb to do for you in the future?

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    • 127 posts
    January 10, 2006 10:54 PM GMT
    I know everyone will think my brain is weak or I am stupid, uneducated or somthin, But here goes.
    I think many more of us would respond in the forums if there was a spell check function. I am not a good speller but I am a hell of a girl....AND aircraft mechanic!!!!!!!

Heather
    • 2127 posts
    January 11, 2006 7:23 PM GMT
    LOL! Yes, there iz allreddy a spoll chikker.

When you post a message, you'll see the Spellcheck button to the left of the Post button.

Click the Spellcheck button first to see which words it thing are not spelt corrctly. Make your changes then click the Post button to send your message to the world.

The spell checker we are using currently is not the best but it works, and we are hoping to replace it with a better one soon.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 13 posts
    January 13, 2006 3:10 PM GMT
    Wishlists, well was thinking and how about a guestbook on everyones page so people can sign your guestbook when they view your page.

Also in tranny messages, can it be possible to add a return to section, since if you delete some messages from your inbox,sent etc you have to log back into messages cant there be a return to your message front page added.

Well just some thoughts whislt passing the time of day.

Nicki xxxx

p.s Kate if you can organise some make up classes etc count me in, just give me a location i'll be waiting at the door, since i so need some help in putting make up on my face etc.

Like the idea of local meetings monthly, so would it be like a coffee night or a manchester bash?

Well better go before I type a full document worth.
    • 2127 posts
    January 13, 2006 9:45 PM GMT
    Hi Nicki,

Members can already leave a message when they view your profile page, although we call it "Testamonials". Same kind of thing though.

I'll ask our programmer, Eric, about adding a link to return you to the messages page as you've suggested.

I'd love to organise some make-up classes as a fundraiser for Trannyweb in the near future. Maybe we could make a whole day of it with a make-up class in the afternoon followed by a meal and an evening out somewhere.

I think we'd all have to pay a small fee to pay for our teacher and for materials and if there was anything left over it could go into the Trannyweb kitty. Let me investigate that one for a little while.

Please keep those direction ideas coming girls.

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 2573 posts
    January 14, 2006 5:27 AM GMT
    You have some great ideas, katie. Were I in UK I would definitely be interested in your course idea and when I am back on my financial feet, a vacation with my TW sisters would be a wonderful thing.
    • 13 posts
    January 14, 2006 5:28 PM GMT
    Hiya Katie

Just another thought for the day, in the mailbox area, howcome we can add folders, but can not send/move messages to them? Also how can you delete folder if not needed anymore, might be useful. Unsure if these are relevant wishlists requests.

TrannyBay, why has that gone? Was about to try and sell some gear only to find that the service isn't available

Katie, this idea of yours for make up classes, are you planning on getting a make up company/technican/demonstrator or one of our ladies to run the course going?

Nicki
  • January 30, 2006 1:46 AM GMT
    I agree with Wendy, courses and vacations sound great.. some for us in the USA too?

How about video downloadable courses? ( We use them alot at work for training ). Could do ones on Make-up, etc.. make them for paying TW members only to help get more paying members on TW ! Kinda like the T-Log is

*hugs*

~Valerie
    • 46 posts
    May 3, 2006 7:50 PM BST
    Heck, I just wish I could get into the chat! But that's not a problem on TW part, it's me and my half-watt brain when it comes to computers. But I've had a lot of input on how to fix the problem and until then, just as long as I can still communicate with the girls, then I'm happy. EVerything else is fabulous!
  • May 4, 2006 3:44 AM BST
    Hi All,

What about a guest chatter (speaker) series on issues that we have to contend with.
    Perhaps once a month with a scheduled speaker on different topics from make-up to the long term effects of hormones, to the simple... how to get your bank to reissue your bank cards in your new name....

Just a thought....

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

• 515 posts
    May 5, 2006 2:26 AM BST
    I would like to see us pool our own local knowledge for each town, city and country to highlight the TG friendly areas in each location and make a public data base dedicated to that.
    Hugs
    Sara
  • June 20, 2006 11:18 PM BST
    I like Sara's idea of pooling local knowledge. For example I know of a sympathetic GG dressmaker with a shop in Cranleigh, Surrey, who is very happy to make dresses for trannies to order – she made one for me and it was wonderful.

Also we could provide information on local tranny events. The Surrey Swans meets in Ash, also in Surrey, one Sunday evening a month. The Woking Cygnets are not far away.
    • 2573 posts
    June 21, 2006 4:38 AM BST
    I agree. Until it's recent (apparent) demise, Lydia's in Los Angles had a wonderful list of local clubs with assessments of various aspects of that club, parking situation, drink costs, friendliness to TGs, intensity of the experience, any shows, etc. Had I dreamed they would go out of business....perhaps I can find the owners and ask for the data.
    • 166 posts
    June 21, 2006 10:14 AM BST
    ..contacts and info on Country, State ,Province , local law or ordinance information might be helpfull for those wishing to actually "walk on the Wild Side"..as updated info could be very important ? ...pertaining to legalities... a ,Q/A forum?
  • July 26, 2006 6:43 PM BST
    I would like to see a section where one could browse the profiles of all members so as to search for people in the same geographical area.
    • 1195 posts
    July 30, 2006 3:34 AM BST
    Golly gee.....you've been missing out. Go to members search...
    • 1195 posts
    July 30, 2006 4:00 AM BST
    Sorry Chantelle ...I wasn't quit correct in my directions ..go to "Community Features" on the upper bar, in this pull down menu you'll find "Trannysearch" ....you can search for member near you there....forgive my abrupt reply. lol
    • 127 posts
    July 30, 2006 4:05 AM BST
    I could use some technical help accessing the new chat. of course, I still need help witj make up too.......
    • 1195 posts
    July 30, 2006 10:08 PM BST
    Heather - there is a thread for make up and also one for tech support.....it's a wonderful world we live in on this web site.....
  • September 4, 2006 8:02 PM BST
    I also like Sara's thought of pulling together all the safe tranny havens for each area, would be a great resource especially for someone like me just coming out.

The other thing I would like is to be able to access the site on mobile phone, whilst I can get the site, I cant brows or chat or anything, due to it being flash & mobiles don't like flash.

generally though the site is excelent, easy to browse. Mail box is a little out of keeping with the site, but altogether a great site and one I'm happy to be a member of.
    • 140 posts
    September 9, 2006 11:10 PM BST
    CanI put a pairs of size "B's" and a smaller waistline on this wish list ???????
    • 2463 posts
    September 10, 2006 12:08 AM BST
    Here's my wish list:

1. Stop bitching. Constructive criticism is fine, but I see too many people bitching about things that are beyond Katie's control
    2. Help Katie if you can. Stop relying on her to fix everything. If you can help, then do so.
    3. Appreciate what we have here

Now, let us ALL roll up our sleeves and get to work. Me included.
  • September 14, 2006 6:46 AM BST
    Katie,

One of the things I notice about this site is that its pages seem to load slower than most others.

For example, if I'm, say, using Google and hit the "back" arrow, I go right back to the page without it, seemingly, having to load all over again. With TW, every page has to load from scratch, even the one I was just on.

Is this because TW does not store info in the temp. internet files like many other sites do? If so, thank you. I don't want to have to delete the folder's contents after each visit to TW so my inquisitive (and way-too-computer-savvy-for-her-age 14 y.o. daughter won't see where Dad's been). She knows about (and couldn't care less about) my TG situation and crossdressing, but the less she is exposed to it, the better, so I try to shield her from as much of it as possible.

If that's not it, is it a question of bandwidth from your server? I'm no computer person (by far...), but I do have a few websites and I know that you have to pay more to get more.

What would the extra cost be? How much would the annual/quarterly/monthly cost have to increase to support a faster site?

Just wondering...

And, like Mere says above, I'm not bitching, just curious.

I love TW and wish I had the time to visit more than only once a week or so!

Take Care, hon.!

Hugs!

Kari
    xoxoxo
    • 1083 posts
    September 25, 2006 7:13 PM BST
    Jackie--

Smaller waistline--I'd buy that, if I knew where. The TrannyShop seems to be out.

Why a pair of "b's?" Go for the gusto, sugah--get a set of "c's"--trust me , you'll like those much more!

Katie--

Things seem okay for now, other than if we had the money, we could get faster uploads, etc. What I'd really like to see is a self-supporting TrannyWeb.

Now...what can we girls do to make that a reality?

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina
  • October 3, 2006 7:24 AM BST
    Hi Katie,

Thought I'd throw my two cents into the ring...

First off, I would not like to see this site turn into a dating site. Lord knows there are enough of those out there already. And because it isn't, that's what I appreciate most.

Second, I concur with the other girls about local get-togethers. Finding other people like me and getting a sense of the compassionate community here is something I find unique. Most places are filled with posers and pervs. Keep TW above board.

Third, The site layout could be a little less "flamboyant" especially the huge TW banner. I've always appreciated clean, simple design.

Speaking of flamboyant, the icons you can put into your forum posting; all those pictures of shaking heads and stuff. I think they're immature. I would much rather see icons that denoted the importance of a message or its content. Sorry, its my little rant I know, but they're soooo ugly.

Last of all, I also like the idea of having video of courses and training (Lord know I need help with my eyebrows!). It might also be nice if as a premium subscriber, we could post video onto the site or in our profile ala You Tube, but with it only being available for real members to view.

Otherwise, I think this site is great and I've really been impressed with the people I've met here already

XO
    ~Calista
  • January 22, 2007 1:33 AM GMT
    kt ...this is my 2 cents worth.....you have mods in chat ...but sometimes there are no mods...so who can control the chat room then ?
    ..when there are no mods the sharks really come out and bloody the chat waters....i know tweb is for everybody...but i think it should also be safe for us who the site was designed for....
  • March 1, 2007 9:16 PM GMT
    Hi Katie

Oo wishes ...well..
    ...my wish would be a creative one... to explore the area inbetween apathy and ego (I have me reasons lol), and to explore this visually, and to share the visual outcome with others.

xx Ruby
    • 1652 posts
    March 2, 2007 3:24 PM GMT
    OK, I don’t ask for much do I…?
    Could we increase the number of characters allowed in Tranny Messages? For someone as verbose as me 250 letters is never enough!
    Oh and I wouldn’t want to see ANY restrictions on PM’s in the chatroom. This site is all about communication and sometimes that needs to be on a one to one basis.
    xx
    • 2127 posts
    March 2, 2007 5:15 PM GMT
    Although I don't reply as often as I should girls, please rest assured that I do browse thru this thread every so often, and I do take note of the stuff you are asking for. Please do keep the ideas coming though.

Just a word or two on some of the recent requests - we'd love to have Chat Moderators in the chat rooms 24/7 but we just don't have enough of them. We do already have a lot of UK Chat Moderators so some evenings it can look like everyone in the room is a Mod. By contrast, we have no Australian moderators at all which means that we rarely have any chat mod coverage when it's evening time in Australia, or morning in the UK and US.

Anyone you may be able to offer us a little of their time to cover the time zones that we're having problems with, need only drop me an email.

And Lucy, I'm afraid that our TrannyMessenger is restricted to only 256 characters because of a limitation in the programming language, PERL. It's not something we have deliberately done.

However, we do have our sights on a new instant messenger and buddy system to replace it and we are already starting to save up for it.

And yes, I agree with you entirely about PMs. We have absolutely no intention of restricting the PM software in the chat room.

All that we would ask though, is that it is used responsibly. In a public chat room, many people find it offensive if everyone is PMing and they are left out. That's why we have just set up a new PMing room, where people can go to PM to their heart's desire.

Also, our new Instant Messenger will mean that anyone can PM anyone else from anywhere on the site or even from their computer's desktop, without having to go near the chat rooms.

It could be a while though before it's installed though, because we are so broke right now.

Anyway, hope that helps a bit.

Huggies,

Katie x
    • 2573 posts
    March 2, 2007 6:10 PM GMT
    OOOPS!

Right after sending Katie a message asking her if we could have the messages increased to more than 250 characters..... (Sometimes I think Lucy and I have a psychic link)..... I came here. Ok, got the message Katie. The new message service sounds good. Failing that, can we have our email links back? How are we supposed to email new girls with support and information if we don't have an email link? I have deals with what little unwelcome email I have gotten by simply blocking the senders in both my email and in TW messenger.
    • 1652 posts
    March 3, 2007 1:24 AM GMT
    Katie, I think you're brilliant.
    xx
  • March 3, 2007 2:02 AM GMT
    Hi Katie,

1st of all, I love the site, and agree on making the banners smaller.

On a lite side, perhaps a upgrade button to take care of the long drawn out transitioning process.

Guy v 1.0 to Gal v 2.0

If only, oh well...

Thanks for the wonderful work.

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn
    • 1 posts
    March 25, 2007 5:29 AM BST
    Well, It really stinks for me that membership is an impossibility, because my dad looks VERY carefully at all of my purchases, and my mom's. I do all of my money electronically. So, yeah. a lot of stuff I can't get to because my dad's a close minded phobe. My mom doesn't mind much at all. Just a little different for her.
    • 871 posts
    October 9, 2007 12:46 AM BST
    dont know if this thread is still relevant but...

a read counter for blogs - i notice a few people mention in their blogs that it would be nice to know if their blog is being read even if no one leaves a message.

fix the chat room jump - every now and then the chat room jumps up the screen. this is most anoying when in the middle of typing. and i heard a few people mention this.

and most importantly - a 2 minute warning for when MA is about to join chat hehe
  • a a
    • 96 posts
    November 2, 2007 7:27 PM GMT
    hi Katie
    I`m new to tw and I want to take this oppotunity to thank everyone for making me feel part of the family.I agree with some of the earlier suggestions about having information about local meetings I would love to meet other tgirls for girly nights out and make new friends.
    • 2 posts
    November 4, 2007 7:08 AM GMT
    Hi Katie,

I have been coming into TW for a little while now and something that I find weird is there isn't much in the way of stuff for the US. Not to sound selfish, but more specifically the west coast of the US. The local sites don't really give much in the way of places or people. TW seems to do well with finding both.

I will also agree with the chat room jumping to the top of the page thing, that can get bothersome at times when you are talking and into what is being said.

I do enjoy the site very much though and if I had the funds I would likely become a full member because I love what this site has to offer. Being low income has its down sides.

Keep up the wonderful work, the site is great.

Tiphaine
    • 871 posts
    November 4, 2007 4:23 PM GMT
    i figured out what causes the chat room to jump.

Its when the adverts change. Dont mind the adds, they are a good source of income for the site. However, if they were made all the same height, this would stop the chat room jumping.

Ani x
  • November 24, 2007 2:21 PM GMT
    well why not have something where the girls can pass on cloths and shoes that they no longer use or fit just a thought
    • 734 posts
    April 3, 2008 10:47 PM BST
    Hiya!

One simple thing I'd like to see - maybe the facility already exists and I just have'nt found it - is this: Its nice to see people photo's in their profile [I know I'm yet to do that to mine!] but they are so small these tired old eyes can't really see them. It would be nice if the profile photo was actually a thumbnail that can be clicked on for a better view.

Also it would be nice to have more than the one photo on the profile - maybe this already exists for the posh people in the members enclosure...?

Just a thought.

Much love

rae xx
    • 2127 posts
    April 3, 2008 11:10 PM BST
    Hi Rae, yes you're right, these things already exist for our Full Members. Our Full Members are able to have their own galleries of photos. When another member clicks on their profile thumbnail they are taken to the member's profile page which includes any number of photos in their own personal picture gallery.

Remember, Basic membership is limited in many ways and is really only designed for people who are just passing through. If you are a regular visitor to Trannyweb and you use our service frequently then you would be much better off becoming a Full Member.

If you would like the full monty please click here to upgrade...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]2.shtml

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 734 posts
    April 4, 2008 12:00 AM BST
    Hey Katie!

Thankyou for such a speedy reply - but what are you doing up so late? You should be tucked up in bed with a mug of hot chocolate!

I appreciate 'basic' membership is exactly what it says on the tin, and I appreciate I'm here for the long term. So I should, of course, upgrade.

I know I've mentioned this to you before, a while back, and as this is a 'wishlist' I don't think I'll be digressing by reiterating that I REALLY wish Trannyweb would accept direct debits or standing orders from UK customers.

I am in the bizarre situation where finding a £60 / £70 lump sum is out of the question but finding £5 / £6 or even £10 a month by dd is no problem. Thats planned expenditure and I can work to that easier than a lump sum when I have so many demands on my meagre resources. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I would like to think there are a lot of people out there who would happily upgrade if they could pay by monthly dd. [I don't use cheques, debit cards or credit cards. I work in a cash industry, get paid daily in cash and use cash for all my bills].

C'mon girl, I know you want my money...

So much love to you hunni, and I am so proud of what you've achieved here.

Rae xx
    • 2127 posts
    April 4, 2008 2:03 AM BST
    I do understand. The trouble is that our membership system is mostly automated and it's run by Metacharge who do not accept direct debits.

We're just a tiny organisation. We'd love to offer heaps of different payment options but we are just too small. To set up standing orders for a merchant costs over £1000 - we just don't have that kind of money to give away to a rich bank.

Also, it's not possible to accept standing orders on the internet at all.

However, we can accept cheques for annual memberships. Please take a look at this page...

http://gendersociety.com/[...]e.shtml

Hope that helps a bit. Now what did I do with my mug of Horlicks...?

Hugs,

Katie x
    • 236 posts
    April 4, 2008 2:34 AM BST
    Hi Katie.
    I see many good suggestions have been made.
    my small contribution.

I know you set up an auction site ages ago why not make one of the forum topics Clothes for sale/swap/ seeking item of clothing etc ???? sure you can create a better catagory than my pathetic suggestions.
    As was mentioned earlier Video would be a waste of money as those wishing to video each other can use MSN, Yahoo,Skype etc etc.

Now I have no idea how much a small business company like TW would be charged but is a paypal account feasable ? I have used it countless times to transfer money to friends as well as using it to pay for goods. costs nothing for users to set up an account and is easy to use. If that was possible then monthly subscriptions could be made by most people I believe the only issue would be some may require reminders in email form to prevent membership dropping back to basic..........just a suggestion.

The Idea of a guest speaker in chat is an interesting notion though I think the topics that could be covered would be limited for instance talking about applying using make up is not the same as a live demonstration.

Having a guide to venues TG friendly places could again be facilitated by creating a forum topic my experience over the years is that many venues come and go so that landscape is an ever changing one.

Remember way back when in its early days we did have regional girls arraging Tw nights in Local areas for those who couldnt travel far that could be easily arranged as a quarterly meet/ half yearly
    Though we know many TVs prefer the autumn through to early spring for their activities.

I like Dinners eating out and that is the ideal for newcomers first timers (remember Velvets for TW 2nd birthday do ? )

I have a radical suggestion but suspect it would require major reprogamming of the site and thus be a non starter as well as being an unusual thing for a site on the internet.
    what about a scale such as bronze, silver and gold membership with poss a platinum for the few super rich girls here ( whos pointing their fingers at me ??? ) giving a progressive access to features. I remember having this discussion about 5 years back when you was looking at ways to cover costs before. the arguments was often thus.....having little or no features for basic members would probably loose more than gain from members who stayed...........
    so why not if the site has a 3 mor 4 tier system of membership give guest members 1 months access to lets say silver for example usually once you have been used to having certain features its difficult to face losing them.

Just a few Ideas to mull over and one last radical suggestion to give you a no cost way of members paying via somehwere.

If you had a member of TW you knew you could trust people could pay that member via paypay or bankers orders cheques etc and they act as an agent and relay the funds through to TW just a way around paying banks fees .

My appologies for not having gone back to my previous level of membership Katie as you know the process of transitioning is quite expensive and I changed jobs so have a 50% drop in my salary compared to previous years.........I am dipping my toes in TW to see if I can actually make any worthwhile contributions as I dont socialise in the TG scene as such that is go to TG venues only and have managed my change with no support from anyonefeel a little like an imposter in sites like here.........................................

there cant think of any decent suggestions for you all dried up on the suggestions front

Sarah XXXX

PS Katie You have done a wonderful job developing this site over the years and to keep it going.
    • 2127 posts
    April 4, 2008 12:18 PM BST
    Hi Sarah and thanks for all that input. Some very useful stuff there, some of which can be done and some which can't. I'll go thru it bit by bit...

> I know you set up an auction site ages ago why not make one of the forum topics Clothes for sale/swap/ seeking item of clothing etc ???? sure you can create a better catagory than my pathetic suggestions.

Unfortunately Trannybay was a dismal mistake. However, I will ask Sarah Conor about this. Sounds like a good idea but Sarah runs the forums so it's up to her.

> As was mentioned earlier Video would be a waste of money as those wishing to video each other can use MSN, Yahoo,Skype etc etc.

Video is the way the whole internet is going and we don't intend to be left behind. Our next software upgrade will include video capability at no extra cost to us (which is what we like) and so we will suddenly be able to offer a video service without even trying. This means that you'll be able to put video clips in your galleries along with your photos and also use video clips in your profile. This is a different service to that which MSN and Yahoo offer.

> Now I have no idea how much a small business company like TW would be charged but is a paypal account feasable ? I have used it countless times...

We used to use Paypal in the early days but they nearly put us under when they suddenly dropped us. The excuse they gave at the time was that they had found two rude photos in among our personal ads, which had been uploaded by a member, contravening their acceptable use policy. However, their refusal to show any flexibility and the fact that several other tranny sites were also dropped around the same time made me suspect that they simply wanted rid of trannies.

Anyway, they are gone for good. We now use a different payment service called Metacharge.

> The Idea of a guest speaker in chat is an interesting notion though I think the topics that could be covered would be limited for instance talking about applying using make up is not the same as a live demonstration.

This is still a great idea and we have done it successfully in the past. I remember that one of our first celebrity chats was my old pal, Angie Bowie and we've also had very successful make-up classes with Cyanne from TransFabulous in Sydney. We also still regularly have cheese and wine parties in the chat room.

I think we should have more themed chat evenings but the problem is that we need someone to organise them. I can't do everything on my own. Anybody interested in volunteering to organise some themed chat sessions?

> Having a guide to venues TG friendly places could again be facilitated by creating a forum topic my experience over the years is that many venues come and go so that landscape is an ever changing one.

I don't think the forums are the right place for this but we could easily make a new page (or pages) for it. The difficult bit is finding a volunteer to collate the information. Once again, if you're interested in helping please let me know.

> Remember way back when in its early days we did have regional girls arranging TW nights in Local areas for those who couldn't travel far that could be easily arranged as a quarterly meet/ half yearly...

We still have monthly nights out in Milton Keynes and Manchester and the occasional shopping trip in London, although they're not always very well advertised. However, we've had nothing in the US, Canada, Australia or elsewhere outside the UK for some time and that worries me.

We really need to find some volunteers in their own countries who can organise regular evenings out in their own cities. The same goes for other parts of the UK. If you'd like to organise a night out, please let me know and we'll get the wheels moving.

> I have a radical suggestion but suspect it would require major reprogramming of the site and thus be a non starter as well as being an unusual thing for a site on the internet.
    what about a scale such as bronze, silver and gold membership with poss a platinum for the few super rich girls here ( whos pointing their fingers at me ??? ) giving a progressive access to features...

Way back when we first introduced paid membership levels, they were called silver, gold and platinum. In addition we also had basic free membership. At that time the main criticism was that the system was far too complicated and so we changed it so that we had only two levels - Basic Membership and Full Membership and that has certainly made things much more simple.

I do see where you're coming from but it would be very expensive for us to change it again and I think it would be a return to the bad old days when, like with mobile phone tariffs, people were mystified by our pricing structure. Simplicity is always best.

> If you had a member of TW you knew you could trust people could pay that member via paypay or bankers orders cheques etc and they act as an agent and relay the funds through to TW just a way around paying banks fees.

The beauty of the internet is that things like membership systems can be automated which is a boon to tiny organisations like us who have hardly any staff. Using a real person or persons to launder membership subs into the system would be a logistical nightmare and I suspect, highly illegal too.

Thanks for all of your suggestions girls. As you can see from my replies, the two main reasons we have trouble moving forward on them are lack of money and lack of volunteers to implement them.

If anyone wants to make a donation to help us survive then please go here:

http://gendersociety.com/[...]e.shtml

If you would like to organise nights out anywhere in the world, or themed chat evenings in the chat room or to help put together information pages on tranny venues or whatever, please get in touch. I just can’t do all this stuff on my own.

Thanks and Huggies,

Katie x