Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » Your Trannyweb Wishlist

Your Trannyweb Wishlist

Tags : None
  • Hi Katie thanks for a detailed response.

If my suggestions was a bit left feild my excuse I had been up 20 hours when I posted them.

arrangeing do,s evenings out, shopping trips can easily be arranged if Girls step forward wishing to act on a regional basis and thus girls in or around those regions would have one channel of contact ie an organser then there is no requirement for additions to the site.Contact would be via trannyweb,or that persons mail box of choice

I would volunteer for the south coastish region (brighton even up to London ) but I work shifts do not get many weekends off work. Experience I have had of arranging such events leads to some pulling out because of unexpected or unaccounted events they have to do/ deal with etc. 2months notice is usually required as we seem to lead busy lives with many things allready arranged as we each enter the year.
    Clubs bar's etc venues restaurants and any other places that may be attended such as bars and clubs can surely be done on a single page in the site listed on a regional basis with everyone contributing. well I think you get the gist of the Idea.

what is required is contribution / input or the whole thing eventually dies....so how about it girls ?
    flowering into the woman I always was.
      April 4, 2008 4:29 PM BST
  • (By suggestion, copied from another thread)

Hi all.

I have sort of a qualm with the way our "Latest Forum Threads" system works currently.

As you notice, it lists every sing post that has happened recently. As well it has a limit to I believe 10 on the main page and 15-20 on the forums directory. Thus if one thread is very popular, it could easily be that 80-90% of the "Latest Forum Threads" are actually all the latest posts from ONE thread.

Now I know that this section is how most of us take note of respond to new threads. Now if at any given time we're only seeing 3-5 threads when there might be 10 or more threads that have been made or updated in the last few hours, then we're missing a whole lot of stuff that might catch our attention or deserve our attention!

I propose that a change is made. Some possible suggestions:

1) Possibly on the forums directory, change the system to more of a "Posts since last visit" like other forums use. Where it knows which threads have had posts added to them since your last visit to the forums. This would help people to not miss any threads that have been made/updated.

2) Change the system altogether to listing just the recently updated threads, not each post. So if a thread had 4 posts made in the last 5 minutes, it will just have the thread itself at the top of the list, taking up one slot instead of 4. This will give room for more threads to be displayed and give them a chance to be viewed.

What do you all think? Possible? Needed?

Thanks for your time!

<3 Angelyn
    "The way your heart sounds makes all the difference It's what decides if you'll endure the pain that we all feel The way your heart beats makes all the difference In learning to live Here before me is my soul I'm learning to live I won't give up Till I've no more to give" -"Learning to Live" by Dream Theater
      April 11, 2008 11:21 PM BST
  • In the member search...besides using the dates feature. Maybe profiles that haven't been active for say 6 months or more could be placed in a different area.

A different name for thoese of us who like and love transgendered girls, besides "TA's".

I probably have more ideas but, the girls have posted tons of great ones. Thanks for creating and maintaining such a good site!

Bosco
      April 26, 2008 4:08 PM BST
  • Ok, Bosco, what is your preference? There has been an indication that TA has become a dirty word with some girls and guys, though I am not among them.

This nomenclature discussion will be continued at the following link:
    http://gendersociety.com/[...]start=&

Please do NOT continue it in this "Trannyweb Wishlist" thread. Thank you.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      April 27, 2008 2:30 AM BST
  • Yes, good point. Please remind me about that when I haven't just drunk a bottle and half of cheap french wine.

Huggies,

Hic!

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      April 29, 2008 12:06 AM BST
    ... and there was me thinking you were on the champagne! doh!

Much love

Rae xxx
    www.raekelcou.com
      April 29, 2008 12:32 AM BST
  • Sainsbury's Sauvignon blanc - hic !

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      April 29, 2008 1:54 AM BST
  • quickie, I hope.

any way to add to the profile page? specifically an entry to show the date the membership renewal date to show?
    Claire Rand email : [email protected] Yahoo : clair_rand -- Its not so much that I have issues as the case that I have a subscription... [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AuntIsobels[/url]
      May 16, 2008 9:10 PM BST
  • Hi Claire, that's a very good idea. However, our membership system is basically run by Metacharge who are completely separate to Trannyweb. The subscriptions renewal information is all theirs so it’s not possible to do this now.

There is an option for us to have this information passed through to us but it would cost over £1000 to have it set up and that‘s the reason why I have not gone for it so far. We just don’t have that kind of money.

Hugs,

Katie x
      May 16, 2008 11:51 PM BST
  • ahem.. a grand????

well I guess they need a nice shiny new car every few days so its got to come from somewhere.

as a result consider it forgotten about :-)
    Claire Rand email : [email protected] Yahoo : clair_rand -- Its not so much that I have issues as the case that I have a subscription... [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AuntIsobels[/url]
      May 17, 2008 3:06 PM BST
  • I know it sounds like a lot but the reason is because we are on the cheap Metacharge tariff that allows us to take credit card payments and offer recurring subscriptions but little else.

They do also offer a Corporate Account option with a setup fee of nearly a grand, which allows all kinds of clever things to be done, including API's which could do what you suggested.

Obviously, the corporate account is aimed at businesses with deeper pockets than we have.

Hugs,

Katie x
      May 17, 2008 4:15 PM BST
  • deeper pockets indeed.

such is life.

personally waiting fro either visa or mastercard to decide with one carfully aimed blow to wipe out most of the other online payment people especially paypal by setting up something thats cheap and easy to use. making their money ont he shear scale of the operation as opposed to stinging everyone
      May 18, 2008 3:26 PM BST
  • Katie, luv--

We have this TrannyWeb TV thingy. I love it--now what I'd like to see is on the dropdown menus, under "Community Features", is a link to TWTV. It'd make it lots easier to find, hon--so people can see what's there. If not on the dropdown, perhaps on the bottom of the page, like under where it says "Browse TrannyWeb.com."

Just a thought--keep up all the great work!

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    Living as the woman I am!
      July 9, 2008 9:54 PM BST
  • I respectfully disagree with comment " ..isn't much in the way of stuff for US ..."

One great aspect of this site is its international flavor and, frankly, getting to know sisters from the UK. So if it is USA specific someone is ONLY interested in then there are plenty of US websites for women like us. I prefer this home.

I am so grateful for the approach and content here and I thank you for making it possible (and your managers as well).

God bless,
    Lynnie
      July 13, 2008 10:08 PM BST
  • Thanks for the vote of confidence Lynnie. In fact nearly half of all of our members are from the US and they are fairly active in the chat rooms, forums and blogs.

However, I can't understand why our British members are so active outside the web site, even though they are in the minority and why the big American majority is so quiet.

I have appealed for our American members to have Trannyweb Girly Nights Out for a long time but little has actually happened. It seems to be very difficult to motivate them.

Let me ask again for any of our US sisters to step up to the plate if they fancy putting together a girly night out in their city.

We can offer help by steering you away from the mistakes we've made in the past and also perhaps by sending out a mailshot to members from your area.

I am also aware that we do need more articles for the site but it all come s down to time and money as usual.

If anyone would like to contribute an article on a tranny subject, please go ahead. Just drop me a line and we'll get the wheels moving.

Hugs,

Katie x
      July 14, 2008 12:28 AM BST
  • Katie,
    I have tried to do a TW Girls' Night Out here in Chicago, but the attendance was not the best. HOWEVER - me and Josie Brissette are planning on putting a Denver night out for next month.

Details to come!

Mere
    You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant.
      July 14, 2008 1:07 AM BST
  • Katie and everyone else at TW. Girls nights out are great and I do them all the time with two of the three other girls in my city. Many people think of the U.S. as any other country but don't realize that a european country is only about the size of one state in the U.S. You might not realize I live about 2500 miles from Lilienne which would take $400 or more to fly there or several days to drive. There are a handful of major TG centers in the U.S. like New York, Atlanta, Seattle and San Francisco; however even for me it is a 4 hour drive to Atlanta one way. Not quite an evening out destination. I know I would love to meet many of the gals here at TW, but as of yet, none have been less than a 4hour drive from me. Just one of the explanations of why you don't see the evening outs here.
    Hugs,
    Marsha
      July 14, 2008 1:10 AM BST
    Marsha Ann
    Let me think in four hours I could be in Houston or Oklahoma City - to the east I could be in Shreveport - unfortunately to the west I'd still be in the Texas desert country. There are plenty of Trannies within that circle but getting them together is a real problem. With the price of gasoline what it is - driving in any direction is restricted.
    "What's a girl to do?"
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      July 21, 2008 4:53 AM BST
  • Our Chicago night out should have had a better attendance than it did. Maybe I should have emailed all of our Chicago members.

Let's hope that Mere's Denver gathering turns out better.

I think the answer to this is for us to concentrate our American efforts on large cities. So let's have a night out in New York where we know we have a lot of members.

Let's have a night out in San Francisco, another in LA and a girly evening in Washington DC.

That way, people will not have to travel far because they will already be there.

What we need to make this work is one or two members in each city who will be happy to organise their own respective nights out.

Anybody up for that?

Hugs,

Katie x
      July 21, 2008 2:55 PM BST
  • Even I can appreciate the difficulties the US girls have because of the distances involved. It's the same for me to get to the UK, it costs loads so it just doesn't happen much.

One of these days I will make a point of getting to Sparkle to say 'hi' to everyone.

Nikki
    Every woman is beautiful, some show it with their faces, others show it with their hearts.
      July 21, 2008 3:07 PM BST
  • HI Katie,

My wish is to have a low-bandwidth option that you could set to turn off big banners, etc.

This option would be helpful if you are away from your usual computer and accessing with a low bandwidth connection. JUst a thought.

BTW: Congratz on the TW Web award!!!!

Hugz,
    MichelleLynn

July 23, 2008 1:22 AM BST
  • Hi Michelle, this is actually something we have thought about before and it could be done fairly easily.

We could conceivably have a number of "skins" which people could pick, and which could include a low bandwidth version for those who do not yet have a proper internet connection and people who may be away from home.

We could even go a step or two further and offer a different heading for people who are not out and proud. Instead of the usual Trannyweb header on each page, we could have something that says, Bert's Garage or Hank's Autos or Paco's Fajitas. Whatever! Just in case the wife or boss looks over your shoulder.

However, the only thing stopping us from doing this is the usual problem - lack of funds. Whenever we ask our programmers to do anything they charge us $90 per hour and so new stuff tends to take some time while we save up.

If you or anyone else is friendly with Elton John, who's weekly flower bill is far, far more than Trannyweb's entire annual turnover, then please ask him to invest in some new programming stuff for us.

Thanks and huggies,

Katie x
      July 23, 2008 2:22 AM BST
  • Katie, Im very new here and I hope ypou'll bear with me. Im also terrible with a computer. Afriend has to be here more or less to show mwe where to hit the keys as I screw up entirely too many times. I want to know about where I might find a Trans friendly seams tress in Virginia, Garter Stockings and where I might go and learn about Posture and manerisims . I need any help ya'll want to share . Ive been out since 1994 but still , I'm very self concience about myself and my appearence. Forget the " straight " people who comment on "A Man In a Dress" , I can take that. I want to be "Graceful" and well heeled.. Ellen Shaver
    Liberalism , a desease - E Shaver
      September 2, 2008 5:54 PM BST
  • Katie, the inclusion of tharipists and and fellow meetings would be marveous dear! Im here in Richmond Virginia. I really dont care for the bar scene . Still, the gals just want to hang out at this Lesbian bar and pout! Im ready to go to a straight place and be seen! I love to shop at thrift stores. Listen, the clerks at a couple of stores know im transitioning and they think I m a real pioneer!. Ive also gotten some real positive feeed fack at a couple of plus size shops. People that let me know im welcome to come in dresses get my business. Those that dont dont get a referral > Listen when you're in retail, I thought that the idea was to sell. If you dont sell you dont stay in business too long either. Last time I checked, it was 2008, not 1958! Ellen Shaver
    Liberalism , a desease - E Shaver
      September 8, 2008 4:39 PM BST
  • One thing comes to mind - if forum entries appeared in reverse order so that the latest is at the top, there'd be much less scrolling down - especially handy on mobile devices

Sandra x
      January 24, 2009 5:25 PM GMT