Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » UK Forum » Your Trannyweb Wishlist

Your Trannyweb Wishlist

Tags : None
  • Hi girls,

We are looking to the future again and need to know what you want from your Trannyweb in the coming weeks and months.

For example, what kind of chat rooms do you think we should have (Audio, Video or just text)? Maybe we should have a video option so that it is there for those who want it and those who don't won't have to use it.

What new features could we provide? What useful things have you seen on other sites that we could offer too?

Is there anything missing from Trannyweb now that we could provide in future?

What do you want out of Trannyweb?

Sorry for all the questions but we need to know these things to keep Trannyweb special.

Please answer as many as you can and post your wishlists below.

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      October 26, 2005 2:06 PM BST
  • This is a hard one katie the vido would be nice for those who have the capability and who want to use it. A link to some therpists would be nice, as well as surgens so we can check them out and compare prices. a few shopping links in the links section of trannyweb. That's all I can think of right now if I think of any thing else I'll let you know
      November 21, 2005 8:54 PM GMT
  • Katie, hon--

I'd like the TW banners somewhat smaller--when I open up the site here it screams "TRANNYWEB!!!" Which is okay, but it does rather attract attention....

Outside of that, I'm liking what I see.

Keep up the good work, sugah--

Luv 'n hugs,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"
    Living as the woman I am!
      January 5, 2006 11:50 PM GMT
  • As a chat moderator, I would like to spend more time in chat, while online, without needing to participate. Being invisible but able to be signaled by a "Moderator Emergency Call Box"-button in case there is a problem would enable me to vastly increase the time I spend available. YIM has a "buzz" button to get someone's attension. Could the invisible box on moderator's sign in be activated and a button for "calling 911 / 999" be implemented without a great deal of trouble?

Will have to think about wishlist more. I guess I missed this in October.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      January 6, 2006 4:52 AM GMT
  • couple of things spring to mind, both depressingly technical. the ability to access ones trannysite via FTP would be a godsend, along with expandd hosting capcity (well a few more file types being 'legal' e.g. *.css, *.xml, *.png, *.xsl etc).
    the above would be worth the sub fee on its own frankly, hell i'd pay a higher sub for it... especiall if the page could be served up exactly as written, without *anything* being added before and after it that stops it validating and prevents DTDs being used correctly.

secondly it would be brill to have POP3 access to trannymail, i currently don't use it since i hate using email in a web browser.

i guess it depends on the direction t-web goes in, but depending on the bandwidth you have hosting memebers sites (maybe as now in the membership, with a few extras e.g. ftp, at a premimum may even pay for the sites hosting costs. a good few peeps may well be interested ina half decent web host that doesn't mind t/g content. i know i would be.

thinking of ways to boost membership there.

otherwise... well the sites actually pretty good as is, its a speed issue that drags it down, but if enough people sign up that can be handled, all money of course.

has the publshing thingy been fully set up yet for posting longer articles without clogging up the forums? i.e. post an article then you can link to it in a forum to "discuss" it, could be useful for longer rants etc.

i think chat is best left as text, audio & video is a nice toy but frankly could attract the wrong people as well as draggint he site to a crawl, if people really want that grabbing yahoo IM or MSN will be better than anything tweb could afford i'd guess.

finally, an RSS feed or two for the forums could be nice, making it very easy to see whats happening
    Claire Rand email : [email protected] Yahoo : clair_rand -- Its not so much that I have issues as the case that I have a subscription... [url]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AuntIsobels[/url]
      January 9, 2006 6:06 PM GMT
  • Thanks girls, those are very good suggestions and we will try to implement as many as we can afford over the coming months.

One or two will not be possible because we have no control over some of the software (like Digichat for example). However, we are already thinking about replacing the chat rooms at some stage in the fairly near future.

Let me ask you all for more ideas. I'm not really looking for little things like a new control that does this or that.

What I'm looking for here is direction. Do you want us to have a dating site? Would you like to see monthly meets in various cities? Maybe we should run courses in changing your sex or being feminine or applying make-up?

Perhaps we should try running some tranny vacations - should we?

You tell us. What would you like Trannyweb to do for you in the future?

Thanks and hugs,

Katie x
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm!
      January 10, 2006 10:49 PM GMT
  • I know everyone will think my brain is weak or I am stupid, uneducated or somthin, But here goes.
    I think many more of us would respond in the forums if there was a spell check function. I am not a good speller but I am a hell of a girl....AND aircraft mechanic!!!!!!!

Heather
      January 10, 2006 10:54 PM GMT
  • LOL! Yes, there iz allreddy a spoll chikker.

When you post a message, you'll see the Spellcheck button to the left of the Post button.

Click the Spellcheck button first to see which words it thing are not spelt corrctly. Make your changes then click the Post button to send your message to the world.

The spell checker we are using currently is not the best but it works, and we are hoping to replace it with a better one soon.

Hope that helps.

Hugs,

Katie x
      January 11, 2006 7:23 PM GMT
  • OK, OK, maybe I do not know how to use it. Like I said, I am an aircraft mechanic, not a computer wizzzz. I just thought it would work like the Word program, you know, right click and get sugestions.....It does not seem to work that way, what can I say? DUH????? OK, I guess I am stupid....Thanks for your help Katie......
      January 12, 2006 2:40 AM GMT
  • Wishlists, well was thinking and how about a guestbook on everyones page so people can sign your guestbook when they view your page.

Also in tranny messages, can it be possible to add a return to section, since if you delete some messages from your inbox,sent etc you have to log back into messages cant there be a return to your message front page added.

Well just some thoughts whislt passing the time of day.

Nicki xxxx

p.s Kate if you can organise some make up classes etc count me in, just give me a location i'll be waiting at the door, since i so need some help in putting make up on my face etc.

Like the idea of local meetings monthly, so would it be like a coffee night or a manchester bash?

Well better go before I type a full document worth.
    Life's too short, so time to get out and have alot of fun, anyone want to join me???
      January 13, 2006 3:10 PM GMT
  • Hi Nicki,

Members can already leave a message when they view your profile page, although we call it "Testamonials". Same kind of thing though.

I'll ask our programmer, Eric, about adding a link to return you to the messages page as you've suggested.

I'd love to organise some make-up classes as a fundraiser for Trannyweb in the near future. Maybe we could make a whole day of it with a make-up class in the afternoon followed by a meal and an evening out somewhere.

I think we'd all have to pay a small fee to pay for our teacher and for materials and if there was anything left over it could go into the Trannyweb kitty. Let me investigate that one for a little while.

Please keep those direction ideas coming girls.

Hugs,

Katie x
      January 13, 2006 9:45 PM GMT
  • You have some great ideas, katie. Were I in UK I would definitely be interested in your course idea and when I am back on my financial feet, a vacation with my TW sisters would be a wonderful thing.
    "A live lived in fear is a life half-lived." - Native American proverb. "Inside every man is a woman who was drowned in testosterone before birth". - Wendy Jeanette Larsen "It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not." - Andre Gide (French writer)
      January 14, 2006 5:27 AM GMT
  • Hiya Katie

Just another thought for the day, in the mailbox area, howcome we can add folders, but can not send/move messages to them? Also how can you delete folder if not needed anymore, might be useful. Unsure if these are relevant wishlists requests.

TrannyBay, why has that gone? Was about to try and sell some gear only to find that the service isn't available

Katie, this idea of yours for make up classes, are you planning on getting a make up company/technican/demonstrator or one of our ladies to run the course going?

Nicki
    Life's too short, so time to get out and have alot of fun, anyone want to join me???
      January 14, 2006 5:28 PM GMT
  • I agree with Wendy, courses and vacations sound great.. some for us in the USA too?

How about video downloadable courses? ( We use them alot at work for training ). Could do ones on Make-up, etc.. make them for paying TW members only to help get more paying members on TW ! Kinda like the T-Log is

*hugs*

~Valerie
      January 30, 2006 1:46 AM GMT
    Heck, I just wish I could get into the chat! But that's not a problem on TW part, it's me and my half-watt brain when it comes to computers. But I've had a lot of input on how to fix the problem and until then, just as long as I can still communicate with the girls, then I'm happy. EVerything else is fabulous!
    Jenjen
      May 3, 2006 7:50 PM BST
  • Hi All,

What about a guest chatter (speaker) series on issues that we have to contend with.
    Perhaps once a month with a scheduled speaker on different topics from make-up to the long term effects of hormones, to the simple... how to get your bank to reissue your bank cards in your new name....

Just a thought....

Hugz,
    Michelle Lynn

May 4, 2006 3:44 AM BST
  • I would like to see us pool our own local knowledge for each town, city and country to highlight the TG friendly areas in each location and make a public data base dedicated to that.
    Hugs
    Sara
    Life is to short to be sad and cry. Bring out your inner Joy. Smile in the sun and enjoy life. Blessed be.
      May 5, 2006 2:26 AM BST
  • I like Sara's idea of pooling local knowledge. For example I know of a sympathetic GG dressmaker with a shop in Cranleigh, Surrey, who is very happy to make dresses for trannies to order – she made one for me and it was wonderful.

Also we could provide information on local tranny events. The Surrey Swans meets in Ash, also in Surrey, one Sunday evening a month. The Woking Cygnets are not far away.
      June 20, 2006 11:18 PM BST
  • I agree. Until it's recent (apparent) demise, Lydia's in Los Angles had a wonderful list of local clubs with assessments of various aspects of that club, parking situation, drink costs, friendliness to TGs, intensity of the experience, any shows, etc. Had I dreamed they would go out of business....perhaps I can find the owners and ask for the data.
      June 21, 2006 4:38 AM BST
    ..contacts and info on Country, State ,Province , local law or ordinance information might be helpfull for those wishing to actually "walk on the Wild Side"..as updated info could be very important ? ...pertaining to legalities... a ,Q/A forum?
    ..he just can't help "Herself" ..
      June 21, 2006 10:14 AM BST
  • I would like to see a section where one could browse the profiles of all members so as to search for people in the same geographical area.
      July 26, 2006 6:43 PM BST
    Golly gee.....you've been missing out. Go to members search...
    <p>If it isn't fun - don't do it.</p>
      July 30, 2006 3:34 AM BST
    Sorry Chantelle ...I wasn't quit correct in my directions ..go to "Community Features" on the upper bar, in this pull down menu you'll find "Trannysearch" ....you can search for member near you there....forgive my abrupt reply. lol
      July 30, 2006 4:00 AM BST
  • I could use some technical help accessing the new chat. of course, I still need help witj make up too.......
      July 30, 2006 4:05 AM BST
    Heather - there is a thread for make up and also one for tech support.....it's a wonderful world we live in on this web site.....
      July 30, 2006 10:08 PM BST