Forum » Gender Society Public Forums » Make-Up Tips » Short eyelashes in need of "longetivity"

Short eyelashes in need of "longetivity"

Tags : None
  • Hey girls,

I know that mascaras can make the eyelashes look longer, but is there any way to make the eyelashes grow longer...as in without makeup? Will cutting the eyelashes work, or maybe pulling the eyelashes?

(",)kiss...kiss!

__________Emille,____________
    Young T-girl and proud of it!
      April 27, 2004 11:18 AM BST
  • Emille,

Eyelashes are like every other hair on your body in that they have a predetermined maximum length, so there's nothing you can do to make them grow any longer. So please don't cut them or pluck them (thought brings tears to my eyes).

About the only thing you can do is make the hairs stronger and thicker through diet. Hair is the last part of the body to get proteins and nourishment, after all it isn't vital to the bodies survival. So a good healthy diet can make the hair look better.

Hope that helps

Alex
    Life's Too Short Not To..... Living on Dreams and Custard Creams...... You're Only Young Once...But You Can Stay Immature Indefinitely.....
      April 27, 2004 1:07 PM BST
  • Hi Emille-

There's always falsies. Well, yes, those too, but this time I mean eyelashes. Some girls don't like them and think they look fake (hello, they are!) and too drag queen, but if you don't go overboard as far as length, etc and put them on very carefully so they are as close as possible to your natural lashes and blend them in with a brush and some mascara, they look okay. Of course you would have to be the judge.

I've also seen "singles", though I'm not sure that's the exact right name. They're single lashes or actually a very small "clump" of them that you put on one at a time to fill out your natural lashes, usually at the outer corners. I've never tried them, just seen them in makeup books. My hands aren't steady enough, I'm afraid I'd poke out an eye or something. Of course if I were wearing a patch (a nice rhinestone one, perhaps) half my eye makeup problems would be solved.

Lots of makeup makers claim their products "lengthen, lengthen, lengthen your lashes", well maybe. Just keep trying different ones. Not to hijack the thread but does anyone know of a good curler for getting into really deepset eyes. My eyes (like peeholes in a snowbank) are so deepset I can't even get a regular curler on them at all. Help!

Good luck, Emille. If you find anything that really works for you, let us know. And please, don't pull them. Like Alexandra said, it made me flinch to even think about it. Oh and like she also said, you don't need hair to survive, the older I get the more proof I have of that.

Hugs, Joni from Oregon
    "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." -Oscar Wilde
      April 27, 2004 1:58 PM BST
  • Thanks, luckily I didn't do anything stupid! Well I'll just have to use fakies.........

Well Joni, I quite new to makeup, so I have no idea about curlers like that.....sorry.......

April 28, 2004 1:01 PM BST

• There are several lash lengthening products on the market with varying degrees of success and expense.

3 products that I know work well are:

1. Latisse
    2. Lumigan
    3. Promax Rapid Lash (least expensive)

Everybody reacts differently, but you should notice a difference after 6 weeks (apply once per day - morning is best, prior to application of other products or moisturizers). Some women have even noticed their eye color temporarily changes a little bit with extended use.

Another home remedy is applying Castor Oil to the base of the lash before going to bed. I've heard women swear it works, but I haven't tried myself.

heres a link to some product info: (note: I'm not affiliated with any of these companies)

http://www.realself.com/review/latisse-well-worth-it-use-label-lumigan-because-its-cheaper
      January 14, 2010 3:49 AM GMT
  • oops
      January 14, 2010 3:55 AM GMT
  • oops again
      January 14, 2010 3:55 AM GMT
  • For heavens sakes don't pull out or cut your eyelashes!
    Use mascara and eyeliner pencil.
      January 14, 2010 4:43 AM GMT
  • Jellene, If you want a very natural looking false lash, use Andrea #53. I have worn these and people swear I don't have lashes on, it takes a little practice, and patience. When I am in a hurry I can pop these on in a flash, unlike the more dramatic ones, but I have been doing this a long time. I start at the out side corner and roll then into the inside corner, tap in place, a little eye liner to hide any crease, I prefer liquid liner. a little mascara if you wish and bingo, your there. They also have these special applicators but I have never had any luck with them. Now as we get older, our lashes get thinner, believe me I know, especially the lower ones. Tammy
    http://www.bizrate.com/an[...]hes-53/
    <p>A life without purpose, is a life without reason!</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>&nbsp;myspace.com/tammybrianne</p>
      January 14, 2010 4:54 AM GMT
  • I have seen in the photos many actresses and models with beautiful eyelashes.I think that all of them use fake ones and these really enhance the beauty.So i dont think that naturally small eyelashes are a problem.Makeup can make even an ordinary looking person look gorgeous as is the case with most models and actresses.
      January 14, 2010 2:18 PM GMT