What's your New Year Resolution?

• 2127 posts
    December 31, 2005 12:28 PM GMT
    As we pass from 2005 to 2006, I was thinking about going on a diet for my New Year's resolution. I do need to drop a couple (or even three) dress sizes!

What's your resolution for 2006 ?

Hugs and happy new year,

Katie x
    • 1980 posts
    December 31, 2005 12:54 PM GMT
    More girltime and lots of it!<G>

Hugs and best wishes to everyone on TW, especially you Katie, our Moderatress Extraordinaire, for a safe and happy New Year.

-Joni Marie Cruz
    • 2463 posts
    December 31, 2005 1:42 PM GMT
    I would like to lose about 5 more pounds and tone up.

As for my resolutions, other than be a better person, I would, for once, like to make something out of my life.

My official resolutions: Finish 3 important projects, lay off the ciggies (not a difficult task as I do not consider myself to be a smoker, although Karen Brad may beg to differ), a really get my historical career into full speed.

Oh, and to FINALLY steal Kendra's LBD. Hey, how could I forget that one?

Mere
    • 20 posts
    January 1, 2006 8:31 AM GMT
    Hmmmm I had a think about this.....give up smoking....lose weight....go to the gym.....so many things need improvement lol

But really I have been thinking....I think I am going to try to be more tolerant, smile more often, don't sweat the small stuff and be a better me inside....outside still needs work but who knows...maybe I will do all those other things on my journey!

Happy New Year to All! HUGS!!!!!
  • January 4, 2006 9:34 AM GMT
    Hi Girls

I have two resolutions (ambitions) for 2006. First to give full reign to my femininity that I restrained for obscure reasons not even fully understood by myself last year.
    Second having gained a BA Hons in history last year I intend to launch a major project that hopefully will lead to a book by the nd of the year and status as a working class historian.

Hugs

Philippa
    • 2627 posts
    January 4, 2006 12:57 PM GMT
    I will stay with the old standards of losing weight & getting health back on track.
    Karen wants out but I make no promises there.
    Realy I think she's trying to take over.
  • January 4, 2006 2:23 PM GMT
    Hmmm...

Resolutions.

Well, It's January 4th, so I've already blown my chance for quitiing the tobacco habit (although I would like to try later in the year, but 1st things first).

Continue to stay sober (6 months and counting... Yea for Me! ).

Continue to see my psychologist and counselor and try to survive this transitionary phase of "who am I???..."

Try to keep my marriage and familty together through it all!

That's about it.

Nothing major this year. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Kari
    • 1083 posts
    January 5, 2006 11:56 PM GMT
    **Hmmmph!**

I've made the same resolution that I have for the last 25 years or more.

I resolved not to make any New Year's Resolutions. That one always gets broken on Dec. 31.

I figure, if I need to lose weight, start (or end) something, etc., why wait until the first of the year?

Luv 'n hugs to you all,

Mina Sakura
    "Almost-Angel, T-Girl Genius, and Ultra-Flirt"

• January 10, 2006 1:12 AM GMT
    I agree with Minako, altho' things are happening to me this year, I never make those things as I always break them.